My eyes keep me from projecting!

Previous topic - Next topic

Naiad780

Ok, I've posted this question a long time ago, but never got a good response.  Please advise if you can!

I have no problems reaching the vibrational state.  What always snaps me back into my body is the sensation of my eyes rolling back into my head - sometimes it's pretty violent.  It happens every single time and jars me out of the meditative state.

I have no idea how to combat this.  It's like an automatic reflex.  This has been happening since I was about 3 years old :(

Thoughts?

violeteye

How awful!   :shock:  That's the first time I've heard of such a thing.   I've also never had vibrations.  I just pop on out or wake up in the astral.  I'm sure you can too.  Some say we only have vibrations and other sensations because we expect to have them.

If you hang in there long enough, I bet the eye movements will cease. Could it be fear? Perhaps affirmations might help like, "My eyes are calm and relaxed" or "I now float effortlessly out of my body." Maybe you've already tried that. I'm Just throwing out suggestions.

Good luck! Keep us posted on your progress.
"How much time, creative energy, and emotion do we expend resisting change because we assume growth must always be painful? Much personal growth is uncomfortable, but it's worse to thwart the ascent of your authenticity."

--Sarah Ban Breathnach

Gem

I can't help you there i'm afraid, I haven't experienced problems with my eyes. I always have the vibrations and buzzing in my ears though.

Gem

Naiad780

Quote from: violeteyeHow awful!   :shock:  That's the first time I've heard of such a thing.   I've also never had vibrations.  I just pop on out or wake up in the astral.  I'm sure you can too.  Some say we only have vibrations and other sensations because we expect to have them.

Well, like I said, the vibrations and eye-rolling has been happening since I was 3, so I don't think it's because I expected to have them.  I hope it does cease eventually, but it hasn't for 25 years!

I will try affirmations, though, that's a good idea.  Thanks!

Makaveli

Getting an eye pillow might help, I just got one and it really seems to help me relax my eyes.  There is a topic about it here:

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18605

stephen~

Strange, because I find rolling the eyes back intensifies the vibrations.

Perhaps if you rolled your eyes back towards the time, then it might not be such a shock?

Have you tried focusing your vision at the centre of your forehead and keeping it there? Like looking from inside your head up at  the area above your eyes.