My eyes want to come open... help :(

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

There is talk about rolling the eyes up. Someone told me that crossing the eyes before rolling them up as far as they will comfortably go makes the point easier to find. The third eye, the ajna chakra, is involved in several projection methods. Actively making use of your eyes might help with keeping them from distracting you.

fredhedd

as w/ everything practice is the best way to progress.  the process that you are using sounds good.  i used to fall asleep myself frequently in the beginning.  i'm not sure what the topic is called but if you search for it i'm sure you can find the one that discusses the suneye method of falling asleep for six hours and then waking up for an hour to wake up your mind some followed by you lying back down again and allowing your body to fall back asleep again.  i have used it once already w/ amazing results.  i don't know if i can call them conscious projections because i woke up to the symptoms the first time but i had four or five in a row w/ this method w/ in about fifteen minutes.

maybe one of those sleep masks would help w/ your eyes staying closed.

Lysear

not that i'm any kind of authority on the subject as I have never had a concious projection but I was practicing my relaxation techniques earlier and decided to imagine myself walking round my house and looking carefully at everything.  This is good because you've always got something to concentrate on and your changing your point of awareness. also although i didnt project i did get a feeling i never got before, i started to get the all too common symptoms of a light trance but it went a bit further than that.

hope that helps a bit it does with me.

Tia

I cheat, I wear eyeshades - and earplugs...  I'm too easily distracted otherwise.

fredhedd

Zarklon

well , see .. my eyes dont wanna roll up .. its like .. since I cant close my eyelids completely unless I'm pretty tired .. they are always a little open at the bottem and my eyes want to look down and I eventually see through them cause they are open a little .. it makes me think I'm lookin through them sometimes and when  Irealize that I think I'm in astral or something but I'm not.  Its aggrivating me.  I always get the feeling that the darkness that I'm staring at just gets bigger at some point .. like all of a sudden I'm staring into some HUUUGE black space instead of just the back of my eyelids. I dont know exactly what that is ..  Hey , can someone explain the N.E.W. energy ways in short .. like basically what to do to raise the chakra stimulation?  I'm reading it now but its so big , maybe someone could give me a quick foreshadowing so I'll know what to expect later on in the document ?  
Thanks for any help you guys provide.  I'm still trying to go astral! :)

Loving yourself first is the most important step you must take before you can truly love someone else.

Feel free to ask me anything. I'll try to offer advice if I can.

Yahoo IM: Spiritual_guy_19
AIM: ScrotomicBomb

Frank

Sounds to me like tension around the eyes and forehead and maybe just a little fear is coming into play as you perceive the 3D blackness. At this point it would only be natural for you to tense up a little without really realising it.

The expanding blackness is Focus 12 in Monroe-speak. The slowing down sensation occurs at Focus 15 as you phase totally out of the Physical and thus lose all sensation of Physical-time. Further on you cross the threshhold at Focus 21 and step into the Astral at Focus 22. So you are *very* close.

What I would try is massaging your forehead/temple region a few times a day (check your neck and shoulders too for any inbuilt tension). Also check youself to make sure you are not in the habit of pulling what I call a: Rain Face. If you stand and watch a crowd of people that get caught in the rain, you'll see how they all scrunch-up their faces like the raindrops were directed at them, personally.

Many people are in the habit of scrunching up their faces, raining or not, which can cause a level of inbuilt tension around the eyes and forehead. Problem is, you need to relax the eyes completely which some people find difficult. If the eyes are not relaxed they have this tendency to want to snatch a glance at whatever it is you happen to be perceiving. And once they try and do that, it brings you out of it. Which is very frustrating.

Yours,
Frank

Zarklon

Ahh the big Frank replied :) Well he must know what hes talkin about cause I always seem to be scrunching my face up .. my bro does it a lot and Its a habbit for me .. I'll try to relax my face more durin the day .. also , I heard you speak of Focus 15 , focus 22 etc etc .. what is "monroes speak?" And I also hear about Frank's technique or something , I read the treatise on OOBE so I know what toexpect but is there something else out thereI should read ? I need to buy some books but I dont really have any time to go get one right now.   What else should I read besides the treatise on OOBE ? I'm reading the NEW energy ways also now.   Where can  Ifind more info about the stages of focus ?  Thanks man :)

Loving yourself first is the most important step you must take before you can truly love someone else.

Zarklon

Hey guys , this is what I try to do to project..

1)I lay in bed , stretch my whole body , all my joins , crack knuckles , toes , etc .. then I stretch my face muscles so they are more relaxed

2) I start to breath in white light and out a dark cloud .. it calms me a whole lot ..

3) I find that the more relaxed I get , the louded that high pitched sound comes .. ( that sound you get when everythigns quiet ) so I focus on it ..
Since its the easiest thing for me to focus on to keep those random surface thought from appearing..

4) after a while , my mind starts to drift and I find ith ard to fight those random thoughs , sometime after that , I start to notice my sight ( the blackness behing my eyelieds ) gets .. really big .. its like I really start to notice the blackness that I've been staring at and it feels like someone put me in a huge black universe or something.. I also feel like thigns get really slow and I get feelings of .. like .. whooom whoom whoom whom , kinda like a big huge fan slowing down , getting slower and slower , thats what it feels like .. ( isnt a feeling of slowness a sign of trance ? )

5) shortly after that ,  my eyelids start to come open , I guess cause I finally relax my face muscles enough .. then It sorta makes me think about my physical body again and takes me outta the trance...

6) whe n Istart it all over again , I fall asleep .. It makes me mad and when I wake up the next morning .. I dont remember how I fell asleep so I find it very very hard to project since I fall asleep so easily .. please what can I do to maybe stop my eyelids from coming open or what can I do to not fall asleep like I do ?  Any tip ?  Thanks Guys