My fiancee believes that I projected myself unintentionally

Previous topic - Next topic

LeonPrimrose

Quote from: Lionheart on January 15, 2013, 15:57:57
You have very eloquently stated exactly what the problem is right there.

To change your reality you need to change your mindset first.

To change your mindset you need to prove what's real and what isn't to yourself. No matter what anyone says, you can argue they are wrong, because of the simple fact that none of this has been proven as 100% true. But if you BELIEVE it to be true, than it is to you and that's all that's important.

We are not here to change other people's viewpoint of what is or what isn't. We are only here to help others to experience the NPR for themselves. Then they can answer their own questions from their own experiences of what it is or isn't.

Did you get a chance to watch that video by Tom Campbell?  He goes into the Physics viewpoint of all of this because he is an acclaimed Professor of Physics. He was also hired by NASA and a other organizations as a "threat assessor", so  he must know something. He uses science to explain what is and what isn't.

He also makes it well known that this is HIS own theory and that he just wants people to listen or read it with an open mind. But to experience it for themselves before coming to their own conclusion.
I did. The section that you mentioned sounded very similar to my experience. I do actually have an open mind but I need to approach it logically. I actually have no problem with the possibility of all of this. It can be made logical. I just didn't appreciate being referred to as "newbie" in the manner that was stated. It came off to me as accusing me of narrow-mindedness when accusing someone of that because of skepticism is narrow-minded. I'm sure he didn't mean it that way. It was just worded in that way to me. So I responded to that.
Believe the unbelievable. Question reality...

Bedeekin

Quote from: LeonPrimrose on January 14, 2013, 21:26:30
Fair enough :) I appreciate the input, of course. Could you explain why you have your personal view? any particular reasoning? Or more experience based?

When I first started I didn't know what it was but came up with what it must be. I was completely without faith. My family wasn't that religious and I just didn't particularly believe in god; it sounded absolutely ridiculous. I was 11. My religious studies teacher hated me.

That's changed over the years as certain preconceived ideas dropped away and new ones have formed. Like a process of elimination and the addition of new understanding. After repeating the same thing night after night you get to understand what is likely to be and what isn't.

If I had stopped after my first 10 experiences I would still think to this day it was my soul leaving my body and traveling about at will. I would also believe that Sleep Paralysis was evil and I could probably be possessed. 

Stookie_

Quote from: LeonPrimrose on January 15, 2013, 16:26:54
It came off to me as accusing me of narrow-mindedness when accusing someone of that because of skepticism is narrow-minded. I'm sure he didn't mean it that way. It was just worded in that way to me. So I responded to that.

My mistake, I wasn't referring to you, I was speaking very generally about how tricky it is to communicate these types of ideas to people who have yet to experience it. It becomes philosophical and theoretical, and like you the comparison you made, it can be like a religion... all you've got is faith until you experience it yourself. I apologize for any confusion. :)