My First Conscious Projections Were Accidental

Previous topic - Next topic

astral traveler

my first conscious projections were accidental at the age of 14.  after experiencing them, i later engaged in research how to willfully trigger them through cause and effect methods.

much focus should be placed upon simply becoming conscious of the astral projections which already occur.  we commonly forget our astral projections, much like we forget our dreams.  and there are still other times when we may fail to identify a projection which we had due to lack of familiarity.
~~ Astral Traveler ~~

+Explorer+

nice I wish I had a spontaneous projection too.

Starvingpercussionist

All of my projections so far have been spontaneous.  :-)
THE ANSWER PARADOX
The answer to all paradoxes shows this: "Reality contains logic therefore logic cannot contain reality."
The paradox here is "how can one know this is true?".

If the answer to one paradox is another then the question is the answer.

Someone here

Same I had one where I remember looking at my blinds in my bedroom. I was like, "Wat the hell am I doing here?"
BAM! Slammed back into my body! Felt like someone slapped me across my face  :-o
Belief is an important part of survival and achieving however, believing you can do anything without help is reckless.

ka0s

Hmm I am going to disagree with you on this one Astral traveler, not to be a devils advocate. I disagree with you in the fact that we often forget our projections. There comes a point for me atleast where each experience is vivid enough to recall most of the details. I think there are ways to increase your dream recall too, such as buying a recorder, etc: which helps you get in the practice of remembering dreams/or OBE's. Some of my earlier experiences at the age of 16 I remember as clear as day. At the same time they were also spontaneous like yours and not planned by any means. Unfortunately they were not genuine experiences, as they were occuring when I was taking Ambien for my sleep problems. I did not have genuine experiences until after the age of 18 and even then it was a regressed versions of the ones i experienced at the age of 16.

I also learned how to willfully trigger them--but it also depends on what kind of day I want to have. Often if I project several times in one morning I will be mentally exhausted most of the day. I can have several OBE's each week, or I will not have any for a month or two. It depends on my schedule and what all is going on in my life.

I agree its important to be conscious of the astral projection. It is also very important to have a goal or intent for your experiences (which we discussed in a previous thread).  Once you get to a level where the first thing you do when OBE is recognize your OBE, then I would say you have exercised a level of consciousness which validates the experience itself.
I wandered slowly there
I saw a field where a thousand corpses lie
Angels sang the hymn of the end
About monsters which they fought
Over our world

CFTraveler

Quote from: ka0s on December 03, 2008, 01:30:04
Hmm I am going to disagree with you on this one Astral traveler, not to be a devils advocate. I disagree with you in the fact that we often forget our projections. There comes a point for me atleast where each experience is vivid enough to recall most of the details. I think there are ways to increase your dream recall too, such as buying a recorder, etc: which helps you get in the practice of remembering dreams/or OBE's. Some of my earlier experiences at the age of 16 I remember as clear as day. At the same time they were also spontaneous like yours and not planned by any means. Unfortunately they were not genuine experiences, as they were occuring when I was taking Ambien for my sleep problems. I did not have genuine experiences until after the age of 18 and even then it was a regressed versions of the ones i experienced at the age of 16.

I also learned how to willfully trigger them--but it also depends on what kind of day I want to have. Often if I project several times in one morning I will be mentally exhausted most of the day. I can have several OBE's each week, or I will not have any for a month or two. It depends on my schedule and what all is going on in my life.

I agree its important to be conscious of the astral projection. It is also very important to have a goal or intent for your experiences (which we discussed in a previous thread).  Once you get to a level where the first thing you do when OBE is recognize your OBE, then I would say you have exercised a level of consciousness which validates the experience itself.
I disagree with your initial assertions, kaos.  When you start projecting on purpose you're adding a different level of consciousness to an experience that is naturally unconscious.  The reason that you suffer more energetically when you consciously project is because it takes energy and brainpower to stay 'on' in this process.  So if you project spontaneously you will not have the drain you have when you work up a trance state and stay 'on' when the fun begins.
And if you do this long enough you find that you go to places that you know you've been before, because you retrieve the memories of the past visits when in the right frequency state, showing that there's lots of memories that are lost when the projections are unconscious.

astral traveler

Quote from: +Explorer+ on December 01, 2008, 09:51:34
nice I wish I had a spontaneous projection too.
i suggest that pre-disposed conditioning can be set in place.
~~ Astral Traveler ~~

astral traveler

~~ Astral Traveler ~~

astral traveler

Quote from: Someone here on December 01, 2008, 14:33:23
Same I had one where I remember looking at my blinds in my bedroom. I was like, "Wat the hell am I doing here?"
BAM! Slammed back into my body! Felt like someone slapped me across my face  :-o
lolol.
~~ Astral Traveler ~~

astral traveler

Quote from: ka0s on December 03, 2008, 01:30:04

so how would you know that you don't actually forget many of your projections?
~~ Astral Traveler ~~

astral traveler

Quote from: CFTraveler on December 03, 2008, 09:38:16
When you start projecting on purpose you're adding a different level of consciousness to an experience that is naturally unconscious.  The reason that you suffer more energetically when you consciously project is because it takes energy and brainpower to stay 'on' in this process.  So if you project spontaneously you will not have the drain you have when you work up a trance state and stay 'on' when the fun begins.
And if you do this long enough you find that you go to places that you know you've been before, because you retrieve the memories of the past visits when in the right frequency state, showing that there's lots of memories that are lost when the projections are unconscious.
i believe that this makes perfect sense.  i personally don't recall any sense of being de-energized after my own projections, unless i was but didn't make the connection.
~~ Astral Traveler ~~

ka0s

If your looking to be technical or sneaky: sure I dont remember all of my projections. Some people would consider each dream itself a projection. All i can say is that I record all of my induced projections. I am sure there are some that go missed but I have gotten in the habit of recording once returning/physically awakening.
I wandered slowly there
I saw a field where a thousand corpses lie
Angels sang the hymn of the end
About monsters which they fought
Over our world

astral traveler

Quote from: ka0s on December 06, 2008, 01:15:14
Some people would consider each dream itself a projection.
well, we're not necessarily out-of-body during every dream.
~~ Astral Traveler ~~