Interesting morning and a step in the right direction.

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonmel42

I had a short dream this morning about being in a convenience store, but what happened after it is a major step I've taken in being able to have lucid dreams and OBEs.

As I lay still in bed waiting to fall back to sleep a bright light quickly filled my field of vision. At first I thought maybe my partner had turned on a light, but I couldn't feel any movement in the bed or any noises indicating movement. This light was then accompanied by a vibration that came in waves; the brighter the light, the stronger the vibrations. Each time the vibrations got stronger it got uncomfortable and distracting and the light would dim. This happened several times. Each time this happened I tried to "hold on" as long as I could.

Now, I've read in a lot of places about the vibrations and so now I know they do occur and I also know how strong they are for me. Right now they're strong enough to keep me from going any further. It'll take a couple of times I'm sure to get comfortable with it and move on.

During the time with the light and vibrations there was a point where I could see shapes and colors before the vibrations got too strong. I'm certain that was the beginning of a dream that was taking form. It seemed like I was surrounded by people; almost like in an operating room, but the light was too bright and over saturating the scene making it difficult to really make anything out.

Thinking about all this I believe the following happened: After I woke up from the first dream I was not moving around as people recommend in order to enter sleep paralysis. The vibrations and light were the beginnings of a dream as my body was falling back to sleep, but my mind stayed awake and alert. I don't think I had begun paralysis just yet because I know what that is like and I could still feel my body and thought that if I moved I would destroy the experience. Since this was new I wanted to let it play out so I would know what to expect next time around. I'm sure I could have worked towards an OBE, but again I wanted to see where things went.

Eventually the vibrations were too strong and were actually making me tired so I woke up fully and waited a bit before falling back to sleep. I had read from several sources about these vibrations and now that I've experienced them for myself I know it's real and know what to expect. I only hope I can overcome them and proceed to the next step; which is to enter a dream while still being alert and take control of it. An OBE would be nice and I know I can do it, but I'm mainly interested in lucid dreaming.

Interestingly, I wasn't scared at any point because I knew what was happening and when the vibrations started I knew what it was. It was quite an interesting experience and I hope it will happen again sooner rather than later.

Lumaza

It sounds like you found yourself in "mind awake/body asleep mode".

The vibrations can get quite intense. Although those vibrations that you are feeling aren't happening to your physical body at all. I have had the vibrations many times with my wife in my bed and she hasn't felt a thing. The lights you were seeing were from another realm as well. It sounds like you were a simple "intent" away from a promising adventure.

Now that you know what to expect, you can go further next time. The only thing is you might not feel the vibrations or even see lights next time. The whole thing may change. This happens. I don't get vibrations nearly intense as I used to.

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

jasonmel42

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm sure I was very close and the next time I will take it further. I'm quite aware that the vibrations are nothing to be worried about, but they were strong. In fact, a couple of times I had to focus on my breathing because of it. I wasn't scared or worried, but with this being the first time and the vibrations lasting for what seemed like 5 minutes it was tiring. I'll be better prepared next time.

In the next morning or two I will have a timer set to quickly chirp every 4 minutes. Using that I should be able to wake up just enough so that I can get back to that state.

FuzzyQuills

Quote from: jasonmel42 on June 04, 2015, 18:25:56
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm sure I was very close and the next time I will take it further. I'm quite aware that the vibrations are nothing to be worried about, but they were strong. In fact, a couple of times I had to focus on my breathing because of it. I wasn't scared or worried, but with this being the first time and the vibrations lasting for what seemed like 5 minutes it was tiring. I'll be better prepared next time.

In the next morning or two I will have a timer set to quickly chirp every 4 minutes. Using that I should be able to wake up just enough so that I can get back to that state.
I find I can set an 'internal alarm' and wake myself up after a few hours easily! :) I can also turn the ability off, so I sleep normally. I find though that the alarm fails if I go to bed too late also. I wonder why... ;)
This world's Captain Falcon; A title I will pass down to a chosen one when I leave this dimension.