My OBE this morning: flying through an ornate tunnel

Previous topic - Next topic

Venus_Goddess_of_Love

I was unable to sleep after waking up at 3am, so walked around, did some reading, and back to bed around 4.30am.  I was not planning on projection (been trying for weeks without luck)

My body went to sleep quite quickly, and I caught that crucial moment when the mind falls asleep along with the body. I kept it awake a bit longer and then opened my eyes.  Couldn't see much, so closed and opened them again.  Then I realised they were not my physical eyes!!!  I had opened my astral eyes, but they strangely felt exactly like my physical eyes.  Amazed, I asked myself, where do I go now?  I thought of my guide and I immediately felt presence.

I was overjoyed that I was projected, and at the same time very careful not to wake my body up.  I don't remember what happened in the first few seconds, but I found myself at an entrance of a ornate golden tunnel or bridge.  It was a round tube but not fully solid - it had lots of golden spirals that allow light through, so it didn't look like a typical tunnel. It was beautiful.  Fascinated, I started moving into it, and gradually increased speed.  I then knew that it served the same purpose as any other tunnel, i.e. a portal.  I also saw that it was a long tunnel, just like the ones I've been in before.  I flew in full speed until I came to a big hallway.  Again this hallway was painted in gold and bright colours.  When I got to the other side of the hallway, I decided to go back and look at the paintings on the ceiling.  I couldn't just turn back because there were lots of others behind me - there's a huge traffic in this place - people coming and going through the tunnel (but strangely enough I couldn't see anyone, just felt and knew there were others).  So exactly like an airplane, I turned slowly to the right, upwards and backwards to the ceiling.

The paintings were of different men in traditional English outfits (17/18th century).  There were lots of them.  The paintings seemed like memorials to honour individuals rather than expression of pure art.  There were several doors to other places from the end of that hallway so I didn't know where to go. But I was in one of my curious and playful moods so decided to follow a woman and a child to wherever they were going.  They went to a room where the woman sat her child at a dressing table and started combing the child's hair.  The mum said to her daughter something on the lines of "I told you to keep away from that reception room for the dead (and the living?)".  I smiled, funny name that.  I smiled some more because now I know what that hallway is!  It's where people who passed away pass through.  I wasn't afraid at all, and wondered why.  There was a lot of positive energy, no fear.  Then I came back to my body.

Can anyone relate to this?  Any thoughts?
"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet." Rumi

Colden

Quote from: Venus_Goddess_of_Love on July 12, 2008, 16:52:51
I thought of my guide and I immediately felt presence.

Maybe this was your guides way of preparing you for something significant. Im not suggesting that you or someone close to you may die soon. What I am suggesting is that it may be your duty to help someone to cross over, maybe a desire of yours?

QuoteThe mum said to her daughter something on the lines of "I told you to keep away from that reception room for the dead (and the living?)".  I smiled, funny name that.  I smiled some more because now I know what that hallway is!  It's where people who passed away pass through.  I wasn't afraid at all, and wondered why.  There was a lot of positive energy, no fear.  Then I came back to my body.

It's very possible that this lady was your guide. Guides don't always expose themselves immediatly to avoid frightening you. This quote seemed almost obvious that this lady is a guide. To me it was like hint hint nudge nudge "I told you to keep away from that reception room for the dead." You also picked up on this very well. My thought about this projection is you asked for guidance and you got it....and the message. Good job. This is my opinion and only an opinion based on things I've been taught and personal experiences. Hope this helps a little.
"the lower, earthly human being and the upper, mystical human being, in which the Godhead is manifested as shape, belong together and are unthinkable without one another."

Greytraveller

Hi Venus

Thanx for posting your OBE account.

Though I have never been there it appears that you were in a reception area of a focus 27 Locale.
As described by Robert Monroe, Robert Bruce and Bruce Moen the areas of focus 27 are meeting places where discarnates (dead and OBE) congregate. Bruce and Moen have both described different areas of Focus 27 locales that include reception centers, meeting halls, learning classrooms, parks, healing centers and much more.

One common function of a Focus 27 reception center is to orientate newly arrived dead people to their new state of existence. Apparently many newly dead are quite confused and need a lot of attention by guides to acclimate them to the superphysical realm.

Grey

Vitruvian

Venus,
So, this begs the question: are you still alive :-) ?
Vitruvian
PS - A wonderful experience. I can only relate to the astral view part . . .

Venus_Goddess_of_Love

Colden and Grey, what wonderful insight!  You said some things I didn't think about before re: the woman as my guide, and a reconfirmation from Robert Monroe's work about the hallway.  Very helpful.  Thank you so much.

Vitru - yes I am still in physical life! One thing I learned from this OBE is that death is not something to be feared. But of course you knew that already!

:-D
"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet." Rumi

Venus_Goddess_of_Love

Grey, please could you recommend a book (by Monroe?) about such meeting places?  Or whatever you learned about it from?  Thank you!

Greytraveller

Venus

My best guess is that 'Far Journeys' has at least one account of Monroe's experiences in a Focus 27 area.

A description of Focus 27 areas can be found online at Bruce Moen's website www.afterlife-knowledge.com  There are brief descriptions of each of the different focus levels. I have taken the liberty of copying of serveral of those sections. They are posted here ---

QuoteFocus 27
Focus 27 is the Afterlife area of greatest free will choice for its inhabitants. It's an area created by humans and often resembles physical earth environments. Contact and communication is open between all inhabitants. Many people living in Focus 27 provide assistance to new arrivals in their adjustment to living in the Afterlife. It is a highly organized and structured area. There are Centers of activity here providing for the needs of human beings in their continuing development in the Afterlife. In my explorations, I've found Centers for: Education, Life Review, Health and Rejuvenation, Planning, Scheduling, Rehabilitation, Humor, and many others. These Centers also coordinate activities in the physical world to assist in human development.

QuoteFocus 24, 25 and 26
The Belief System Territories
Inhabitants of The Belief System Territories are attracted to specific locations by Afterlife beliefs they held while physically alive. Every set of Afterlife beliefs held by humans at any time has a specific location with these Focus levels. In a sense, Belief System Territory inhabitants are stuck like those in Focus 23. The difference is that they are not isolated from contact with others. All inhabitants of a specific Territory are in contact with all others sharing their beliefs. Contact with anyone holding conflicting beliefs is severely limited. Free will choices here are restricted to only those compatible with the prevailing beliefs. Some of these areas look like Heavens, some look like Hells. Each one is rigidly structured around the beliefs held by the inhabitants. In my experience, it is extremely difficult to move people from this area to areas of greater free will choice.

Focus 22
Within Focus 22 we often find those perhaps still physically alive who are in an unconscious state. These include people in comas, in drug induced states, who are dreaming, who are insane or deranged. This is a very chaotic level.
Focus 23
In Focus 23, the human inhabitants tend to be those no longer physically alive who have become "stuck" for one reason or another. Often they are confused about or unaware of their death. Many here attempt to maintain contact with the physical world around familiar people or places. These are the ones we call ghosts. Focus 23 inhabitants are stuck because they are unable to leave through their own resources. The range of their free-will choices is extremely narrow. They are typically alone and completely isolated from communication with other humans. This can occur through the circumstances of their death or habitual patterns of thinking prior to death.[/quote

All of the above is from Bruce Moen's website www.afterlife-knowledge.com

Good luck

Grey

CFTraveler

Yep, Far Journeys.
Venus, that was a great experience.  I miss my tunnel experiences.  Haven't had any in a long while.

SilverSlider

Cool

My favorite part of these experiences is how amazing the light & color is - I bet it was really great in that tunnel!

Venus_Goddess_of_Love

Thanks all.  I'll go get Far Journeys.  I was so impatient that I bought The Ultimate Journey on Amazon. 

Silver, yes it was a complete surprise to find myself at the entrance of this stunning portal.  It was breath-taking. 

Envix

Quote from: Venus_Goddess_of_Love on July 12, 2008, 16:52:51
I was unable to sleep after waking up at 3am, so walked around, did some reading, and back to bed around 4.30am.  I was not planning on projection (been trying for weeks without luck)

My body went to sleep quite quickly, and I caught that crucial moment when the mind falls asleep along with the body. I kept it awake a bit longer and then opened my eyes.  Couldn't see much, so closed and opened them again.  Then I realised they were not my physical eyes!!!  I had opened my astral eyes, but they strangely felt exactly like my physical eyes. 
-------
Can anyone relate to this?  Any thoughts?

I can relate to this. This happened to me, the exact day as you. haha. well, the first part, at least. I never "got out", though. I was able to see behind my closed eyelids, though everything was pretty dark, i could see the shapes of everything. It was as if everything was just different shades of the black behind my closed eyelids. I felt my astral body sitting in an upright position. I passed out at some point.

Venus_Goddess_of_Love

Very interesting Envix.  Thanks for sharing.  I find it fascinating just how real it is on the astral plane.  Opening my astral eyes was as real as anything.  Glad you can relate to this!!

jose

man that is an awesome OBE, but like they said it really might be a hint or something to help someone cross over