My return from TMI: Gateway Voyage

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagle of Light

Hello

Following oilfieldpilot advice (see http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20797) I post my write-up in a separate thread so that people interested by Gateway can find it more easily, also by using the forum Search function. Sorry, I admit it was a bit confusing.

so, here it is:

--------------

Hello!  I'm back! I came back yesterday from Virginia.

I had a WONDERFUL week at TMI. The place is beautiful and filled with love and light. The staff is welcoming until the very end of the program. I met amazing fellow explorers who became new friends. The teaching team is great, gave us space to share and provided assistance without intruding into our personal experiences. Also, the program contents includes along with the tapes some interesting and funny surprises/demos.

I will go back there for another program, no doubt about this!  :grin:

Now, about the right attitude you talked about, well, I must admit it did not last long for me :razz:

The first two days, I really had the right attitude. I relaxed and remained curious about what was going on, yet a bit anxious about the idea that I could be "the one who experiences nothing" (btw, there was no such person). At the very first tape, I noticed that the internal images I got were vivid in comparison with my training at home with the Wave I CD. Also, I felt very relieved as I joined the conference room, because I really connected to the experience and to guidance!
I will not enter into specifics about my experiences because I know now how much this is important that you remain away from expectations and that you "find out for yourself" as Bob Monroe loves to say. I just want to highlight some points for people intending to join the program.

The fact is that as soon as I realized that I was indeed capable to have these experiences, excitation built up amazingly. I began to think "I'm capable!!! I can have these experiences!" which quickly turned into "I'm going to have an OBE this week! I'm sure that I'm going to have an OBE this week!". So, despite the teachers recommendations, I soon found myself trying to trigger an OBE during the following tapes. I would follow the flow the first minutes but as soon as I had the feeling that I was phasing into the internal imagery, I would deliberately try to "push with my mind" in an attempt to go out and to feel separation from my body . This greatly impaired the next experiences. Oftentimes I caught myself far to be relaxed, especially around the head... I began to feel disappointed and anxious.
During one tape, I asked for guidance about why I was no more enjoying fully the new experiences. I then immediately got a very funny picture which shows how much guidance can be humorous: I clearly saw an insect, leaned forward, desperately trying to fly through a bush almost as big as his body, its wing half locked into the leafs! :lol:  :lol:  Indeed, this is exactly what I was doing...

So, I relaxed more and finally was able to get in touch again with the experiences.

So, please, if you intend to join Gateway Voyage, follow the golden rule:
set your intention, then relax, relax, relax. Forget your body. Just observe, be curious and DO NOT try to trigger an OBE. Enjoy, have fun and follow the White Rabbit.......  :cool:
As soon as I followed him again, I sometimes found myself shortly phasing into a vivid imagery, with relief and joy.

Gateway Voyage mentions that OBE is only a part of the program and now, with the various and fun exercises we did, I do understand why. This program is amazing and I do recommend it to you.

From my point of view, I think I was inspired in my last post as I said that the effectiveness of the program is certainly not easy to objectively evaluate. OK I did not get The Great OBE I desired so much. Yet I'm happy, so happy. I do feel change within me. What changed? I don't really know. There is just a deep feeling within me that I need to explore. What I know for certain is that I got new friends and tools to explore further and find out what comes next.

I will end this post with an anecdote: on my trip back to home, I missed my flight connection due to a 1h30 delay of the Charlottesville flight (little tip, be careful with that because I was said it happens quite often). So I had to stay at an hotel. On the way, I met a very gentle woman who missed as well her connection for another flight.  
The following day, I had to wait a loooong time at the airport. I sat down at a gate close to my gate where there was plenty of space available. Shortly after, a guy came and sat just behind me and began to work on his laptop. Grrrr, I just wanted to remain away from computers! So I stood up and went to the other side of the gate to find another seat and... there was the woman! We both displayed a large smile. We got to know each other and I felt that she was relieved (so did I). Actually, she was very anxious about the event and after some time incidentally told me that she wept at the hotel [EDIT: wept, not swept - lol]. We were happy that we met again and spend these long hours together. She explained to me that her husband died very recently (she's much older than I am). She told me about very happy moments she had with her husband, and I could feel her sadness. I felt "attuned" with her. I just said that I was convinced that now her husband was in great peace and happy. I also noticed an even greater motivation in me to join the Lifeline program that may help in making the connection with a deceased person. She showed me two pictures of her family. Looking at one picture of a member of her family, I silently thought "What's his name?" (I was hesitating to ask directly, I don't know why). I immediately received a name in my mind. I turned to the woman and said "This is...?" and she replied, giving the name I had in mind!!!  I was very astonished  :shock: How did I guess the name?
Countless hours later, I finally thank her for the great time as her plane was ready for boarding, went to my gate and eventually joined my plane. I arrived at my seat, sat down and began to talk with my fellow traveler, a man again much older than I am. A very calm and friendly person. He asked me why I came in the US and I decided to tell him about my training to the Institute, expecting that he would do this you-need-a-therapist look at me  :razz:  Surprisingly, it was all the contrary. He was very interested about this and wanted me to tell more about it. He told me that when he was younger, he had a weird experience: he was chatting with a friend then suddenly found himself at the ceiling, watching his body below and promptly snapped back! He said he never knew what it was! So we had very nice conversation about this. He told me as well that in his company, employees have to engage in sessions designed to improve work relationships. Part of the program is about realizing how thoughts can affect people and that mind has indeed some power. They did some experience that concretely demonstrates the power of imagination and intent... Amazing.

Is this only chance that led me to meet these 2 persons..? I just notice that this happened.
So, what I want to convey here is that I believe the effects of the program may go beyond what we first expect.

Hope you enjoyed my sharing about my experience at TMI.

Yours,
Eagle of Light
The act of resisting a thing is the act of granting it life. The more you resist, the more you make it real - whatever it is you are resisting.

greatoutdoors

EoL, this is an excellent post and thank you for sharing!!   :smile:

SpeaK

I enjoyed reading your post very much! Thanks for sharing this. Really inspiring.

oilfieldpilot

Glad you have a great time!

fist question always is...is it what you "expected"??? hahaha!

(don't expect, don't expect, don't e-x-p-e-c-t!) :grin:

Who were your trainers?

Are you back on planet earth yet?

Keep us posted on all of your 'coincidences' that keep happening after TMI!

:wink:

-ofp
Watch your Thoughts, they become words;
Watch your Words, they become actions;
Watch your Actions, they become character;
Watch your Character, it becomes your Destiny!

Eagle of Light

Thanks for your kind comments. I'm glad that you appreciate my post.

Of course, as oilfieldpilot likes to highlight, this is a personal experience. Different people experience different things. Nevertheless I keep contact with the friends I met there and I realize I'm not the only one to experience "after-effects"!

You're definitely right oilfieldpilot, don't expect. I should have read your write-up before going there again and again, but... ironically that's really when you experience a mistake that you truly know why you need to avoid it  :smile:
So, allow the experience to unfold before you, be gentle to yourself, have fun and trust that a part of you already knows the bigger scheme in which those experiences take place.

My trainers were Bob H. and Charlene N.

Back on planet Earth? Hmmm... where is it, again?  :wink:

Yours,
Eagle of Light
The act of resisting a thing is the act of granting it life. The more you resist, the more you make it real - whatever it is you are resisting.

MisterJingo

Hi Eagle of Light. Thank you for such an interesting post :)
Have you thought about joining the voyager mailing list? The majority of people there regularly attend TMI exercises and so share their knowledge and experiences of them.
It's an interesting place.

Eagle of Light

Hello MisterJingo

Thank you for your comment.

I have to admit my ignorance.... what is the voyager mailing list? Is this linked to TMI membership?

MisterJingo

Quote from: Eagle of LightHello MisterJingo

Thank you for your comment.

I have to admit my ignorance.... what is the voyager mailing list? Is this linked to TMI membership?

It's not officially endorsed by TMI - but its the closest thing to an official group. Many people there are members, attend TMI courses, or have done so in the past. So it is centred around TMI and their teachings.
If you're interested i'll PM you the URL.

Eagle of Light

yes, please let me know the URL

Thank you
Eagle of Light

MisterJingo