My search for Frank Kepple.

Previous topic - Next topic

astralm

So whenever I read a book, even nonfiction books, I spend at least a little bit of time researching who the author is.  I believe it is important to know where someone comes from and it clues you into their motivations and you can gain a lot more from your reading.  Not to mention you can objectively verify things they have said are true about themselves.  This is especially important when what they write comes from personal experience.  After all if you walked into a classroom and the professor said he had a Ph.D in Physics, but you discovered he really had only a high school diploma, you probably would not listen to what he said much.

So after reading Frank's phasing method I decided to figure out who he was thinking it would eat up an hour or two of my life.  That was not to be the case.  Literally dozens of hours have gone into this.  In case you don't know Frank Kepple came onto the forums in 2002.  I don't know what he originally wrote as his first 600 or so posts were deleted from the Astral Pulse servers (servers did not have the storage back then they have now I am guessing and posts were not kept forever).  His last post was on September 17, 2005 and his last recorded login was October 6th, 2005.  Nine years after his abrupt disappearance he is probably still known as the greatest online contributor to the world of Astral Projection.  Most notability he is known for the phasing model of projecting, along with a structure of consciousness which is rooted in the Focus system Monroe created.  Just like Monroe Frank Kepple gave his profession as audio (and mechanical I believe) engineer.  I do not know if his age was ever stated anywhere but He did claim to have over 20 years of OBE experience (in 2002) and said his first reading of Journeys was in 1977.

So now that we all know who Frank Kepple is, who really is/was Frank Kepple.  Franks last posts are, to me, a little strange.  He talks about having computer issues in a series of posts at the end of July and early August, then nothing until mid September when he says some health issues came up (I'm not sure if these health issues are documented in any posts previous to his last 3 posts or not).  Then nothing.  If you take his posts at face value the obvious conclusion is that he probably passed away, which is the most popular view on his fate.  I am going to try and keep this post filled as much as possible with only facts so I will not give an opinion on this.

What I will state though is that I believe there was never any such person as Frank Kepple, Married audio engineer from the UK.  Fact is several hours of searching through birth and death records show the last person even close to a Frank Kepple was a Frances C Kepple, born 1902 and died 1956.  I also looked into the last name Kepple and searched for various variations of it (Kopple, Koeplle, Koeppel, Keppler) and nothing.  Given he was married there should be at least a birth and marriage certificate.  I also searched through the French records as I know he had posted he was living in Nice, France around the time he stopped posting.  Again nothing, though these records are much less organized and complete than the UK records.

An interesting side note is the only record of any Frank Kepple in the UK is a television character from the movie, Bernard and the Genie.  This movie was aired on BBC in 1991, released in a limited edition on VHS 2 years later and has never been aired or released since.  If you have never seen it there is a copy of the whole movie on youtube and it is actually a pretty entertaining movie starring Alan Cummings.  Frank Kepple is a friendly elevator operator who is a habitual liar.  The main character tells him about everything going wrong in his life and Frank tells him a tall tale to cheer him up.  Then the main character says is that real Frank, to which Frank Kepple replies, no no it isn't.  This is either here nor there as far as evidence for anything just something I found very interesting as the only UK record of a Frank Kepple.

Really this proves nothing but points in the direction of strong evidence now existing that there never was a Frank Kepple, enginner, from the UK in a time period that would line up with the Frank Kepple of these forums.  What that means for how you choose to go about what you take from his posts is up for each and everyone to decide.  This is in no way meant to be a Troll against the memory of Frank, only a presentation of some interesting facts.

Lastly, it is worth noting there is one sole picture of Frank Kepple I have been able to find.  It was taken by Stephen C. (who posted here as Eol007) of London.  He states on his meetup UK page he met Frank Kepple in person and this picture was taken around 2004 (5 years ago in a 2009 article).  You cannot get a good look of Frank's eyes from the photo as he is looking at the camera but his eyes are tilted back into his head.  This would be strange if not for Frank's outspoken use of rolling his eyes back into his head as a Projection technique.

If anyone who was around during Frank's time has any additional information, or if anything in this article is written in error, please send me a message and it will be corrected.

If anyone is wondering about my motivates it is merely to share the findings of a lot of hours searching for who this Frank guy was.  I feel the fact that his identify cannot be confirmed is worthy of noting.

PlasmaAstralProjection

I've read Franks posts after he pasted away. I tend to think that you likely just missed his death information somewhere out there, but that doesn't mean that he never existed. There would be no reason for him to fake his name on here unless he was previously in trouble with the law, in which case who cares, he still provided valuable information for us about astral projection.

Xanth

At this point, at least to myself, it doesn't matter if he was real or a complete fiction.  What's important is what he shared with the world.  He freely shared his knowledge of projection with just about anyone who wanted to take the time to listen.  THAT is what's important.  And this is really an important point when it comes to your projections as well... WHERE the information comes from isn't important.  What's important was how it effected you and your life.  :)

In any case...
Perhaps you can try a different route to find information.
He eventually had his classes that he taught... in order to do that, he would have had to setup a "business" in the UK or France so that the income could be legally taxed appropriately.
Perhaps you could try to find information on that business.  I don't know what name he would have used though.

I might be able to add a bit more to your story though...
His last login was October 5th, correct.  His last post, however, was made in the moderator forum on October 4th, as follows (I don't see a problem with releasing this info at this point):
QuoteMy chances of physical survival are rather limited, perhaps in the region of 10% and I shall be lucky if I make it to end October. I will do my best but do not count on it. I just hope that none of you people ever suddenly reach such a critical stage in your life without warning.

With kind regards,
Frank
The email address on his account is hidden, but it's listed as "chandos@email.com"

I doubt any of that will be of any help though.

astralm

First off I would like to thank Xanth for the additional information.  While that last post of his doesn't really help with his identity, it does help to clear up some of the strangeness surrounding his final posts.  I spent some time this evening looking into what chandos might mean from his email alias.  It most likely, given he was from the UK, appears to be a reference to some British titles, only one still in use is Viscount Chandos held by the Lyttelton family.  I looked through their records (not hard to find as they are British nobles) and not surprisingly none of them appear to be a likely match for our Frank Kepple, though the current generation of Lyttelton's were born around the 50's and 60's.

Second thing I would like to say is I tried to be very careful in my initial post not to imply Frank's experiences or knowledge he shared was false.  I don't think the idea that Frank Kepple was really not Frank Kepple is really far fetched for anyone who has read his posts.  When it came to his PMR life he seemed to hold most things close to the vest.  He did not even share his AP experiences with his wife for many years.  If he was a professional in a scientific field, I do not think it is unreasonable for him to not want to risk his real name getting attached to thousands of posts on AP.  Only thing that is kind of odd is why use a false name and not just an alias?  But who knows.  I also must admit there is a chance he really was named Frank Kepple and his records don't show up for some unusual reason, who knows maybe he was born somewhere else and moved to the UK.  Though I doubt this chance is very large.  When you take into account the fact he was married, had I believe more than one higher education degree in engineering and also taught, chances are some record would have popped up.

Bluefirephoenix

A year or so ago I did contact a spirit who claimed to be Frank Kepple.  I have no way of determining whether or not it was really him or if it was an artifact from the record.  You can examine the artifacts and find out more information such as real names and such. The contact that you can make depends on your own focus and perceptive abilities. With the amount of knowledge we have about him it would be difficult to get untainted information.

Good information regarding astral projection can be obtained by the same process I used. It was very straight forward and the transcripts as well as the recordings from the ITC equipment are on the site.

Bluefirephoenix

I believe Frank Kepple was possibly a stable hand or horse trainer. He spoke several times about riding. He trained horses for hunting which is an elite activity in the UK or he was training steeplechasers.He may have also been an engineer but I suspect that he was more of a horseman than an engineer.

Szaxx

It may have been a choice made for personal reasons that the name we know is not the original. Take a look at Reginald Dwight...
You'll know him as Elton John.
Just a thought.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

omcasey

Fascinating. --I just love it when people go looking for Frank.  His level of presence is indeed extraordinary.

Xanth

Quote from: omcasey on April 08, 2015, 16:26:32
Fascinating. --I just love it when people go looking for Frank.  His level of presence is indeed extraordinary.
Especially for someone, whom at the time, had almost zero impact outside this forum.

Even today, most people who practice projection really have absolutely no idea who the guy was.  LoL

Xanth

Have you tried looking into the name "Francis Kepple", perhaps?
Or just different variations of "Frank" and short/long forms?

Hmm, nevermind, seems you did.  :)

Lucidityman

Hi

I read a thread yesterday about moving your eyes up to your third eye area to get s/p.. Then I read Frank Kepple. And today I read this.. do any of you guys have a link to his old forums he used to post? For some reason I have a interest in what he posted thanks to you guys sparking my interest.

Sorry to interrupt the thread.

Bluefirephoenix

I would look first for fox hunting club connections.  Most racehorse trainers were once jockey's. If the photo is accurate he is too big to have ever been a jockey.  

astralm

I am way past Francis :).  I started with Frank Kepple, then Francis, then Franklin, then Keppler, Koepple, Keppel, Copple, Cepple.  Then I just searched through every single Kepple record I could find in Europe with name varation I could find, then broadened it to the entire world.  Then I tried to find any engineer deaths in Nice, France or the UK between 2005 and 2006.  Then I reran the entire original search in case I missed a record somewhere.  I used several different sites to run the records.  Then yesterday when I saw chandos@email.com I looked up Chandos, from there I ran a history on everyone in the Lyttelton family (They hold the Chandos British Title).  Also tried to locate any records of any Kepple with an engineering degree or who worked as an engineer.

I might try down the horse trainer route, does anyone know what type of classes he was teaching?

astralm

Quote from: Lucidityman on April 08, 2015, 20:02:26
Hi

I read a thread yesterday about moving your eyes up to your third eye area to get s/p.. Then I read Frank Kepple. And today I read this.. do any of you guys have a link to his old forums he used to post? For some reason I have a interest in what he posted thanks to you guys sparking my interest.

Sorry to interrupt the thread.

No problems, yes there is a great Frank Kepple resource which Xanth and then I believe Gandalf put together which has all his best posts.  Xanth also put together a pdf of all his surviving posts.  The resource is a much easier read and can be found at http://www.astralpulse.com/frankkepple.html.  There also is a modified pdf by category I like the best but I don't know what the link is for that.  Perhaps Xanth has it.

If my search ends up doing nothing but introducing a few new people to Frank's old posts, I'm okay with that.

Kzaal

Like Xanth said, I've heard the name a lot, but I'm still relatively new to the astral pulse and I've only read a couple post so far about him (still got the pdf files on my computer for further reading when I'm bored).
But I need to add something, I don't know much about what truly happened, how he disappeared all suddenly, all I can say is sometimes, when someone has a really good influence (take all the celebrities that died, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morisson)... Sometimes when your work is done you leave no traces...
It's even more true about spiritual teachings, it's how things works, sometimes you need to disappear to show people that you were there. The Tao in action... The only way to be visible is to go invisible.
The partial becomes complete; the crooked, straight; the empty,
full; the worn out, new. He whose (desires) are few gets them; he
whose (desires) are many goes astray.

astralm

Quote from: Kzaal on April 08, 2015, 20:22:07
Like Xanth said, I've heard the name a lot, but I'm still relatively new to the astral pulse and I've only read a couple post so far about him (still got the pdf files on my computer for further reading when I'm bored).
But I need to add something, I don't know much about what truly happened, how he disappeared all suddenly, all I can say is sometimes, when someone has a really good influence (take all the celebrities that died, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morisson)... Sometimes when your work is done you leave no traces...
It's even more true about spiritual teachings, it's how things works, sometimes you need to disappear to show people that you were there. The Tao in action... The only way to be visible is to go invisible.

Good post.  For me I love doing this type of stuff.  Chances are I will never find out who Frank really was, but for the time I am having fun looking and honestly when I do research like this the trip ends up rewarding you with knowledge you never would have found otherwise.  I have learned about riots in Nice, France around the time of his final posts which started with the police killings of two youths.  I learned about the House of Lords act of 1999.  I find it fascinating people still had a seat in the upper house in England based totally on their hereditary title all the way up until 1999.  Just to name a few things.  And who knows, however unlikely maybe in the end we will actually be able to confirm his identity.

ingerul9

This reminds me of the story of John Titor -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor

From Wikipedia page -> "John Titor is the name used on several bulletin boards during 2000 and 2001 by a poster claiming to be a time traveler from 2036"

What is particularly fascinating about Frank is that over the years his story has been going into the myth land. I mean if 10 more years pass - I'm sure people will come up with all sorts of explanations as how he was a "combination" of multiple typologies/characters from the forum - wink! wink! :) aka he was Jesus ^^ incarnated once more to teaches us advanced stuff of how to visit the other realities.

As Xanth has said it doesn't matter if he existed or not - the information is great and it stood the test of time measured in years of Astral Pulse existence.

Bluefirephoenix

We should post up the titor story it's worth a discussion on it's own   I started a discussion on John Titor. I think it is very applicable to astral projection. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/john_titor_and_multiple_timeline_theory-t45726.0.html

FuzzyQuills

I haven't been round these parts for very long either (Heck, I can't even project yet! :D) But just as I was scrolling through posts, I found this thread...

...and thought of another one I had read a couple of days ago: It was a beginner explaining how he got out. It's actually quite good, and he mentions Frank in there. (Yet to try his technique though, haven't gotten much time to myself lately...)

Anyway, once I go fully astral (Probably a month away, but no one ever knows really until they do it for the first time!) I was thinking of going and finding him if possible. As for physical records, has anyone bothered checking other places, such as Australia (Highly unlikely, but who knows!) Africa, Japan, etc. to name a few?

On that note, I am thinking of searching Australia's records right now... ;)
This world's Captain Falcon; A title I will pass down to a chosen one when I leave this dimension.

BillionNamesofGod

I was hear when Frank was active enjoyed his posts and we exchanged some PMs.

So I was greatly disappointed when he "disappeared" and I feel we need answers as he spent a lot of time here and helped us a lot.  So serious questions:

1. What is his real name ?
2. What is actually resident in the UK? What was his actual physical location ?
3. Want proof is there of his actual physical location ?
4. Did anyone actually know him in person ?
5. Is there an IP ADDRESS recorded here to pinpoint his address ????

The above questions need to be answered before we can get real answers !!!

Mustardseed

While I cannot tell you where or who he is...I can tell you a lot about him as a person, and whoever said he was a he.....there were a few of us back then who PMd a lot, the posts were conviniently "lost" so was a bunch of my own posts. What I do know is that he had a temper, he was volatile, and very upset at RB, his reaction was to use his focus areas as a skeleton , to avoid the more mystical approach that RB advocated. I chatted with him on several occations and he was very upset with RB, Adrian and myself.....he told me he had health problems in 2003 when I joined the forum. He claimed to live in switzerland! Near a border...good luck
Words.....there was a time when I believed in words!

Xanth

People DID meet Frank, the image of him on the Frank Kepple Resource was taken on one such occasion.
This means he DID live in the UK at some point, and because he met someone, I highly doubt he would have used a fake name.
There is no IP address on file here for him anymore.  It would have been wiped after one of the several server/software changes.

If he was a fake with a fake name... it doesn't add up.  Everything he did on this forum goes completely contrary to the idea that he was a fraud.

I can't speak regards to how he felt towards RB, Adrian, etc...
I'm not too keen on RB myself.  He's only serves his own pocketbook, which I can't really fault him for though.
What I can fault him for is being a fearmonger and spreading fear.  He reduces people's spiritual progress, he doesn't help them.
My firm opinion is to stay away from most of what Robert Bruce has to say, but make your own decisions.

Adrian... what I can tell you about him is that he's one of the nicest people I've ever met.  We've had extensive chats and I've never once felt any ounce of animosity.  He's extremely kind and VERY understanding.

Mustardseed

Quote from: Xanth on May 03, 2015, 15:11:52
People DID meet Frank, the image of him on the Frank Kepple Resource was taken on one such occasion.
This means he DID live in the UK at some point, and because he met someone, I highly doubt he would have used a fake name.
There is no IP address on file here for him anymore.  It would have been wiped after one of the several server/software changes.

If he was a fake with a fake name... it doesn't add up.  Everything he did on this forum goes completely contrary to the idea that he was a fraud.

I can't speak regards to how he felt towards RB, Adrian, etc...
I'm not too keen on RB myself.  He's only serves his own pocketbook, which I can't really fault him for though.
What I can fault him for is being a fearmonger and spreading fear.  He reduces people's spiritual progress, he doesn't help them.
My firm opinion is to stay away from most of what Robert Bruce has to say, but make your own decisions.

Adrian... what I can tell you about him is that he's one of the nicest people I've ever met.  We've had extensive chats and I've never once felt any ounce of animosity.  He's extremely kind and VERY understanding.
I never said he was a fraud....I am not called Mustardseed IRL....you are probably also protecting your identity...having a screen name....

As far as I understand his morals are not called into question.....so your emotional retaliation, and namecalling is not really called for Xanth, I always had a good connection w RB...And stil do, we are all different, but in my opinion he had a somewhat volatile attitude to those who did not see eye to eye with him...that was all

Good to see u r still around.....didnt we have a few heated arguments as well Xanth? I think I remember 😏
Words.....there was a time when I believed in words!

Xanth

Quote from: Mustardseed on May 04, 2015, 12:32:57
I never said he was a fraud....I am not called Mustardseed IRL....you are probably also protecting your identity...having a screen name....

As far as I understand his morals are not called into question.....so your emotional retaliation, and namecalling is not really called for Xanth, I always had a good connection w RB...And stil do, we are all different, but in my opinion he had a somewhat volatile attitude to those who did not see eye to eye with him...that was all
You misunderstand. 

My point was that people KNEW his real name: "Frank Kepple".
That name was mostly likely not a fake.  That's all I meant.  :)

QuoteGood to see u r still around.....didnt we have a few heated arguments as well Xanth? I think I remember 😏
I try to not bring emotion into my posts anymore... although, that certainly doesn't stop people who love to assign such things to me... but then, that's not MY problem.  LoL

I'm the administrator now, I have to stick around.  ;)

astralm

@Mustardseed
     Thanks for sharing your experiences with Frank.  It is nice to hear from someone who had direct contact with him, there are not that many still around, 10+ years later.

@Xanth
     I do understand what you are saying but looking at Frank's posts it seems highly unlikely he gave his real name.  A lot of his posts are forever lost but he talked frequently about how he didn't share his obe experiences with even his wife for a long time.  He also talked about how AP was the first place he ever connected with other projectors.  He did give any sort of real email address.  Nothing about this suggests a personality which would just throw out a real name.  Throw in the lack of evidence anything close to a matching Frank Kepple and I think it is highly unlikely he used his real name.  Why he gave any name at all?  Who knows, maybe he felt by people having a name and not just some alias attached to his posts they would connect with him better.  Authors use fake names for any number of reasons.  Honestly if I wish to continue my search the next logic step is to get a hold of eol007 (Stephen) who took the picture and see about chatting with him about that meeting, since it is the only face to face meeting with Frank I know of.

My opinion on RB?  Well he wrote 2 books I know of about projection (AD, and Mastering) at the height of the AP revival and then has not really touched the subject since then.  Also he has 2 versions of that one real substance projection book (AD).  This tells me all I need to know about his motives for authoring in the astral projection genre.  Also most of his truly original ideas in AD are at least in part incorrect or poorly worded.  However if you are looking for a western translation of eastern energy body principles coupled with a very traditional eastern view on projection in an easy to understand language, he did do a great job with that.  He also does a great job describing a very accessible version of visualization.  However I seriously doubt his claim that he came up and developed that method on his own.  I am sure that method has been around for a very long time.  Sure he did develop a very intensive program for it's use (NEW) but the backbone of that program was not original or unique or of his creation.

So I guess in the end it really isn't the information (for the most part, like I said a couple things I think are just off (mind-split)) but the presentation of the information which bothers me.  By presentation of the information I mean claims on originality which probably are not accurate and the fact I think (solely my opinion) he only wrote about projection at all because it was the flavor of the month in "new age" topics back in the late 90's and early 00's.