Necessary willpower strengthener for you guys

Previous topic - Next topic

innerpilot

If you want to develop will power to Project, may I suggest that you do so in the affirmative rather than negative or denial. Instead of things like, "I'm not watching any more soap operas" or "I'm not eating any more cake", try reversing that attitude with "I'm going to only watch truly educational shows" or "I'm going to eat healthy foods from now on". A forward or affirmative direction will more quickly and firmly lead to determination which will boost your enthusiasm and resolve, thus increasing your energy. I think Robert Bruce will also agree with determination, enthusiasm, resolve, and energy as necessary componets for conscious exit projections. I don't know you, so it's just a suggestion. Hope it helps.

Qwerty

I think that real willpower is to stop smoking, or never to begin.

Thing

i remember one time i was very happy and i thinked "with this mood i must be able to project" i was a bit tired with nothing to do so i closed my eyes and later i started to get vibrations but then i stoped, i wasn't expecting it to happen so quick hehe

Fat_Turkey

I find that guys can imagine, but don't have the willpower. Girls are the opposite. Girls sit there and do all their school books all pretty-like, and can actually remember directions like "turn left there, then go until you see the McDonald's, then turn right at the NEXT traffic light, not the one by McDonald's, and then...." whereas guys make a visualised map. Scientifically proven way that men and women navigate differently. Fact. Honest.

With all that imagination and no willpower, it's annoying. Then willpower is more important to develop. With more willpower and less imagination, things are easier, but not always. I say the two go in tandem, and make everything better. They are, after all, tied together in an almost symbiotic way.

Of course, it is generic that men and women have these traits, as it always is. I suggest finding what areas you need help on and improving. A lot of the time that area is probably self doubt^_^

Oh yeah, I totally agree with this post.

~FT
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Anonymous

No amount of rigorous training, sitting and doing nothing, and clearing one's mind can help a man who hasn't overcome his doubts.

beavis

widfis, you must have a very easy life if you need to find extra things to make it harder, like writing with your left hand. Until I'm very good at useful things I do, and my life is so easy its a bore, which will never happen, I see no point in doing useless things.

holy reality

actually learning to do things with your opposite hand is helpful in establishing new neural pathways, which prevents alzheimers and various degenerative brain problems....

supposedly it's a good way to efficiently rewire your brain as well as perhaps create/strengthen neurons....

which makes me wonder... if you spend a while getting good at being left handed, then abandon it for a long time, then re-start it.... does that perpetually create and excercise the brain, neural pathways, etc?

Because how many times can you really learn something so drastically new for everyday usage? You know? If you start out young by the time you get old what left in your life will you have to alter slightly in attempts to keep yourself from becoming senile?

Or.. you know.. whatever it is that learning to do things with the other hand accomplishes.

I know it's something positive for the brain.
!..............!

widfis

So I am not entirely sure what percentage of you agree with me but I have found willpower to be a very key ingredient to building up to a successful exit.  Unfortunately these days with credit cards cellphones and vending machines people like myself are running very low on wilpower since it just isn't necessary for normal waking life.  

So I read an article in the newspaper a few days ago...

To build willpower you can do very simple exercises such as using your other hand to write with, and seeing how long you can get yourself to hold your breath for (don't worry it's humanly impossible to hold your breath long enough to do yourself harm unless ur using some sort of apparatus i.e. duct tape I don't reccomend though [xx(] .

THE REASON WILLPOWER EXERCISES ARE NECESSARY TO BUILD WILLPOWER:
Willpower is apparently not learned best by simply trying to invoke it for normal activities (ex. deciding not to watch some television show that you normally do) because of what they refer to as the TRANSFER OF WILLPOWER.  This means that willpower spent depriving yourself of one item will not be available to deprive yourself or in our common case to endow ourselves with OBEs.

let me know if this doesnt make sense