Need Opinions

Previous topic - Next topic

uhhuhhim

Hey everyone,

I am new here.

I have been trying to astral project for awhile now.  I've been having some problems.  It seems that I can relax just fine.  I can even hearing the ringing noise that everyone talks about, but I can't seem to focus on it for very long.  

After awhile, my body starts tingling - it almost feels numb.  I've noticed that whenever this tingling is going on that my hands seem very heavy.  I also notice that the tingling starts in my legs and then goes upward.  I also feel a lot of twitches and little muscle spasms going on in my hands and my legs.

It seems that I can get relaxed just fine, but after that, nothing happens.  I usually spend an hour or more doing it whenever I can, but after awhile I feel tired and have to stop.

The only thing remotely close to an AP was waking up one night feeling as though I had fallen from the sky and hit my bed hard.  That only happened once though.

I'm trying not to get discouraged.

Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas on how to get further into it?

I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

uhhuhhim

Sepultura123

Im in the same position , I can't actually project myself. I tried the rope technique yesterday but I didnt think I was high enough on the transe to accomplish it. I will try another time in a couple of hours.

Squirrelly

Once when I was trying to astral project, i was laying down in bed, as usual. After listening to the ringing for awhile, the upper half of my body (mainly my face) started twitching like crazy. That's where i stopped.

I'm not sure if this was an astral projection but I was in a dream. For some reason, the thought "this is a dream" popped into my mind. Next thing I knew was that I was sitting on my bed and everything had a bluish tint to it. This lasted for about 2 seconds. Then I woke up.

Kodemaster

Welcome, uhhuhhim!

Your question is a very common one and this post will help a lot:

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19339

Best,

Jen
JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

Sepultura123

Hi Squirrelly

I dont know for the dream part but the twitching is a symptom of trying to go on a astral projection before or when the transe occur.

uhhuhhim

Sometimes, my problem is actually doing it every day.  Sometimes, I just don't feel like it.  What's the best way to over come that?

CFTraveler

Last night as I was reading Harry Potter to my 8 year old son, I realized he had fallen asleep.  I kept reading some more(quietly to myself) when I felt him twitch- little twitches all over, his hands, etc.  Then I thought to myself- Oh, he must be dreaming.  :IloveU:  I got up and went to my room.  And then it hit me.  This is the 'muscle twitches' all over parts of the body that people report when they get in trance!  It's possible that when they get to the hypnagogic state (body asleep/mind awake) they are experiencing what normally happens when they are asleep.
This is in addition to the myoclonic jerk that people get from the 'falling sensation'.
In other words, people are experiencing things that escape them when their minds are asleep- so that has to be a good sign!

laiana

uhhhh - try doing what you're doing in the morning after waking up.  See if you notice a difference :)

I find I get my best results after I've had a good 6-8 hrs sleep, when I go back to bed to sleep in ;)

uhhuhhim

I have heard that it does help to do it after you wake up, but I really hate sleeping in.

Just like last night:  I did the same thing I normally do.  I felt all the tingles and little muscle spasms, but after an hour and half of that, I just decided to go to sleep.

I suppose I could try.

Sepultura123

Im better at when I directly go to sleep , I can't focus on astral projection when I just wake up and try again... Im just falling asleep.

uhhuhhim

Every time I wake up and think about doing it then, I just fall asleep.

is there any way that I can tell myself to wake up during my dreams without having to write anything on my arms or use sleep deprivation?

french_hustler

Quotet seems that I can get relaxed just fine, but after that, nothing happens. I usually spend an hour or more doing it whenever I can, but after awhile I feel tired and have to stop.

That seems more like relaxation/meditation to me than trying to obe :)

You cannot obe just by relaxing... you have to involve your mind into seperating from your body.  There are techniques out there to do that (rope techniqe for example).  But forget techniques, next time you're relaxed and feel heavy, imagine getting out your body, and starting to float right on top of your body, this should start up some strong vibrations.  

QuoteEvery time I wake up and think about doing it then, I just fall asleep.
Had that happen to me so many times...  it's all about will power on this one.  Its better doing it in the morning when you wake up naturally (not alarm clock) so you aren't tired anymore but still relaxed.

uhhuhhim

Thanks, hustler.  I will try to imagine that I am floating next time I try.

I tried to do it this morning, but when I closed my eyes and started breathing in and out, I became conscious of the fact that I was trying to do it.  Then, I happened to remember the dream I had right before waking up (but I couldn't wake myself up during the dream or tell myself to stop the dream).  It involved a bunch of characters from Smallville (haha).  Then, I became aware of the fact that I was more hungry than anything, so I just  had to get up and wake up.

I also tried to do it last night as well.  Everything was going fine until my mind started going off on its own.  I had thoughts coming in and songs playing in my head.  At one point, I grabbed my head and told myself, "I just want to go to sleep!"  Finally, it was 1:59 in the morning and I just kept thinking and thinking about daily things, memories, etc that I got up and went into my living room and wrote something down.  After doing that, I thought it would help me go to sleep (to release whatever it was that was keeping me awake).  However, the thoughts of daily activities and what I need to buy, how much money should I spend, should I buy this, remembering co-workers from my job, etc continued.  Finally, it was 3:30 in the morning when I last looked at the clock.  It's 9 a.m.  I feel rested, but I have no idea why.

I'm one of those creative people who can last the entire day with only four or five hours of sleep.  That's why I had to write some thoughts down (I write songs, too).  That didn't help, so now I'm upset because sometimes I can't shut the thoughts off.

Ok, sorry for rambling.  I will definitely try using my imagination the next time I do it.

Thanks hustler.

french_hustler

Well try this... when you start thinking about something... jus push it out... make sure you stay blank and focus on one thing only... (maybe your breathing) and when you're feel relaxed enough... try flaoting out... if it doesn't work... go back to relaxing... push thoughts out and experience again.  Those thoughts are sometimes fun to experience with because in my previous experiences, i could watch those thoughts become dreams.  I guess there are different steps... try experiencing with all of them.

uhhuhhim

I will definitely try to focus on my breathing.  That sounds easy enough :)

I'll let you know what happens, hustler

Thanks.