Need phasing advice & ideas for training parallel processing

Previous topic - Next topic

Kree

By far my biggest difficulty with phasing is insomnia. A focus of any kind on anything at all ensures I will stay awake. Lying on my back has the same effect. I might stay wake for 10+ hours if I just lie on my back.

The only times I've been able to phase have been when I'm particularly sleepy and repeating numbers or some repetitive action which I then subconsciously keep repeating at a point where I momentarily lose consciousness. I've realized that this specific point of losing consciousness is key to phasing, and absolutely nothing else seems to matter in this practice. It's like a big wave that will drown you in an instant, unless you catch it and ride the wave. But if it takes me hours to fall asleep then that wave can come at any second during those several hours, making it near-impossible to be ready for it. The wave inevitably comes, eventually, but I just pass out from exhaustion.

So I'm wondering if I should try switching from these traditional sorts of techniques to something more difficult and ambitious, but maybe more reliable, though idk how realistic they are. Tom Campbell supposedly does this, and sometimes mentions he's always living in multiple realities. Remote viewers do this too, to various degrees. Maybe working on that could somehow translate into phasing progress. And maybe even just the point consciousness state through meditation is be an approach worth exploring, but I've always dismissed it as impractical. Frank used to say how he finds meditation unnecessary, and he was the most successful projector I've ever read about.

Just looking for yall thoughts

EscapeVelocity

Insomnia is a huge difficulty for me. Long ago, I gave up on the idea of laying down at 3PM or 8PM and meditating to a point of conscious exit; I just cannot relax to the necessary point. If I go to Monroe and spend three days in Hemi-Sync, yeah, I get there and can maintain the entrance point for the next three days...and it works...but that requires spending a week at Monroe.

So, I look for the moments of opportunity during my sleep cycle...and that is still problematic; very difficult to predict or control. The best periods during my nightly sleep cycle are described as WBTB moments or opportunities...either after two, three or four hours of sleep or early in the morning, as wake-ups and conscious exits from there. I understand that that presents difficulties with the work schedule, but that's where we are...you have to find a method and a way to fit it in somewhere in your schedule...and experiment.

What you have written makes me think that you know and recognize that 'window of opportunity'...so, you need to keep searching for those opportunistic conditions and what works specifically for you. And also realize that these conditions will change over time. It is a haunting challenge that demands we continually search for it, as a greater part of our learning.

Keep in mind that a properly formed Intent is always helpful and possibly necessary to success.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Lumaza

Quote from: Kree on June 01, 2023, 17:19:56
By far my biggest difficulty with phasing is insomnia. A focus of any kind on anything at all ensures I will stay awake. Lying on my back has the same effect. I might stay wake for 10+ hours if I just lie on my back.
I had that too. That's when I learned "be careful what you wish for". Every night when I closed my eyes to go to sleep, I found that when I did that, I would be stuck noticing. Sometime for hours or at least it seemed that way. I had been Phasing during the daytime and perfecting my own personal technique so much so that when I closed my eyes to go to sleep, I automatically began to "notice".  One would think that is a good problem to have, except for the fact that I wanted to actually go to sleep.

Then after I had a incredibly strong blast from a Light Sound machine that I was experimenting with, I got Trigeminal Neuralgia and have had it since. Because I received the blinding blast while my physical eyes were closed, the damage to the nerves would really reveal itself when I closed my eyes to go to sleep. Then the nerves on the left side of my face would spasming. The only way I could rectify that problem was to go to sleep holding the left side of my face. It still took a long time to finally pass out. But, I found out that it was "bittersweet" in a way. It led to me experiencing what the Tibetan's call "Tibetan Dream Yoga" and for that I am ever thankful! I have never looked back since. I will tell you one thing, that teaching came through a lot of anguish and pain.

What I do nowadays when I find myself in that "noticing" situation when I close my eyes to sleep, I immediately begin purposely looking deeper into the darkness. I look as far as I can down that "dark hallway/cave/tunnel" that I am entering. Pretty soon the feeling of motion will accompany the noticing, then I am off. I will then either enter the scenario there and then, awaken in a LD or just awaken the next morning after a good night's sleep. I am okay with all 3 of those!  :-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

omcasey

Kree

omg I thought I had only posted this a few days ago

Quote from: Lumaza on June 02, 2023, 19:40:02
What I do nowadays when I find myself in that "noticing" situation when I close my eyes to sleep, I immediately begin purposely looking deeper into the darkness. I look as far as I can down that "dark hallway/cave/tunnel" that I am entering. Pretty soon the feeling of motion will accompany the noticing, then I am off. I will then either enter the scenario there and then, awaken in a LD or just awaken the next morning after a good night's sleep. I am okay with all 3 of those!  :-)

That feeling of motion energizes me so much. Even just focused intent accumulates so much energy within me that sometimes I have to give up and go 2 or 3 days without sleep.
I've found that some energy work in the middle of the day can help.  Can make swimming out of body happen without much effort.  But even then energy work is a bit inconsistent in helping to phase.  It's like the energy body needs to be primed for activity, but it can't be overly active or the energy will leak out into the mind and the body and ruin everything.

If I was intensely focused on a math problem, of course that would make something like phasing difficult.  Yet with focused intent that's pretty much the exact same state of concentration and high mental energy.  So it kinda makes sense that concentration on any activity would make all this more difficult.  A feeling of motion has a similar effect in stimulating the mind.

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on June 02, 2023, 00:44:45
Insomnia is a huge difficulty for me. Long ago, I gave up on the idea of laying down at 3PM or 8PM and meditating to a point of conscious exit; I just cannot relax to the necessary point. If I go to Monroe and spend three days in Hemi-Sync, yeah, I get there and can maintain the entrance point for the next three days...and it works...but that requires spending a week at Monroe.

So, I look for the moments of opportunity during my sleep cycle...and that is still problematic; very difficult to predict or control. The best periods during my nightly sleep cycle are described as WBTB moments or opportunities...either after two, three or four hours of sleep or early in the morning, as wake-ups and conscious exits from there. I understand that that presents difficulties with the work schedule, but that's where we are...you have to find a method and a way to fit it in somewhere in your schedule...and experiment.

What you have written makes me think that you know and recognize that 'window of opportunity'...so, you need to keep searching for those opportunistic conditions and what works specifically for you. And also realize that these conditions will change over time. It is a haunting challenge that demands we continually search for it, as a greater part of our learning.

Keep in mind that a properly formed Intent is always helpful and possibly necessary to success.

So we have "the window of opportunity" and "the switch". The 2 core concepts of phasing no one ever talks about
If I'm in a motivated period where I'm practicing, I can sometimes maybe catch a glimpse of the window. But where's the switch? I know it's there somewhere. I've always thought it's somewhere deep, maybe near the back of the head, but lately I've been noticing that slightly above the eyes has the strongest "sleep" feel. I'd be shocked of anyone's actually found the switch, I've almost never seen anyone talk of it.

Quote from: Lumaza on June 02, 2023, 19:40:02
Actually.. I wonder if this could be creating an unintentional focus on the switch, as it's somehow connected or is part of the third eye. Maybe the switch isn't something you can find, but something to which the third eye can lead you :-o
That would make so much sense. Of course you can't just find it, there wouldn't be any natural cause/process for it! But when you're falling asleep, and your eyes defocus, and your vision shifts from your eyes to the third eye.. it would make sense that the switch is triggered as a result of this process itself..