Need Some Advice...

Previous topic - Next topic

dpk38

I have gotten really close to projecting just twice.
Once I had intense vibes but I didn't know I had to use an escape technique or anything of that sort. I just sat there observing; it went on for a minute or so and stopped.
Once I had a dream where I was in an amusement park with a lot of friends and I was entering a steep water slide. I jumped backwards, with my back falling diagonally downwards along the slide and my face, facing my friends (who were about to jump). The fall started to accelerate really quick. I was falling so rapidly that I felt like an astronaut during a launch. But I freaked out so much I got up panting. But that's when my brother told me he had just woke me up a few minutes ago. So that was probably a wake-induced OBE.
My problem is that I am able to clear my thoughts away and even feel energy sensations, but i'm not able to reach a mind-awake-body-asleep state. I need some serious advice on this.
Could you also comment on my previous two experiences?
PS: I once was trying to AP. I didn't know rope technique was an escape technique and was using it from the beginning i laid down. I was visualizing my self holding the rope and climbing up. After a while my physical body felt numb (pretty much). I felt like i could feel my astral body and i tried to lift my arm with pure intent. It seemed like i managed to do it. I swaying it side by side. But I got too curious and opened my eyes to only see my physical arm moving around... :(
The answer to all questions is earnest self enquiry, "Who am I?"

skeptic

Could you please provide more info regarding your first experience. How did you get to trance state?did you feel intense vibes in your head ? Time of the experience?
What did you focus on during the process etc. Just give us details please. From my experience intense vibes (unless it felt in the back of my head) may or may not indicate
that your astral body is ready to separate .
In your second experience  your brother woke you up then you fall asleep and saw a dream. IT happens all the time and this is really a good time in the morning to practice Astral
projection /lucid dreaming . At least half of my successful AP/LD  happens after  i naturally wake up in the morning and go back to sleep. In your case since you were not aware that you were dreaming , it was just a dream.
If you are really serious about NP exploration i would strongly advice you to read " My astral Projection truth" by Xanth ( the book that help me a great deal) and get better understanding how it works and how to get there.
Since you are able to empty your mind and feel energy sensations that's great , you are well on your way to success. 
In your last experience ( with the rope technique) you used the rope climbing as a point of focus (does not have to be escape technique)which is great ( does not really matter what you are focusing on could be anything heart beats , breath , sounds. any visuals , )     then your physical body got numb which is very common and a good sign you are getting closer . And then you changed your focus to phantom wiggling intending move your arms(first mistake) and got excited/curious (second mistake) Had you continued to do your exercise ( climbing the rope) while ignoring any other sensations and staying 100% focused on the rope with no excitement or curiosity you would have likely ended up getting separated.
Peace and Love.
Skeptic.     

dpk38

Quote from: skeptic on February 09, 2015, 04:17:51
Could you please provide more info regarding your first experience. How did you get to trance state?did you feel intense vibes in your head ? Time of the experience?
What did you focus on during the process etc. Just give us details please. From my experience intense vibes (unless it felt in the back of my head) may or may not indicate
that your astral body is ready to separate .
In your second experience  your brother woke you up then you fall asleep and saw a dream. IT happens all the time and this is really a good time in the morning to practice Astral
projection /lucid dreaming . At least half of my successful AP/LD  happens after  i naturally wake up in the morning and go back to sleep. In your case since you were not aware that you were dreaming , it was just a dream.
If you are really serious about NP exploration i would strongly advice you to read " My astral Projection truth" by Xanth ( the book that help me a great deal) and get better understanding how it works and how to get there.
Since you are able to empty your mind and feel energy sensations that's great , you are well on your way to success. 
In your last experience ( with the rope technique) you used the rope climbing as a point of focus (does not have to be escape technique)which is great ( does not really matter what you are focusing on could be anything heart beats , breath , sounds. any visuals , )     then your physical body got numb which is very common and a good sign you are getting closer . And then you changed your focus to phantom wiggling intending move your arms(first mistake) and got excited/curious (second mistake) Had you continued to do your exercise ( climbing the rope) while ignoring any other sensations and staying 100% focused on the rope with no excitement or curiosity you would have likely ended up getting separated.
Peace and Love.
Skeptic.     
Hi. Thanks for replying.

My first experience was in the afternoon. (everytime i get close to something, it has always been in the afternoon) I relaxed my self and began clearing my mind. I sat there and just concentrated on my breath. I made myself feel like i was becoming heavier and sinking (it was just imagination/visualization) but after a few minutes i truly felt like i were sinking!
The vibes went all over my torso (not much at the back of my head), but unlike usually (mild vibes), these were intense. Before the vibes set in, my right ear went kinda 'deaf' (like the way they become when we travel in aeroplanes at high altitudes) Then both my ears felt the same way. My legs felt like they were floating a bit. And that's that... Nothing much after that.

floriferous

I picked up that you said you need 'serious advice' on this. Taking this stuff too seriously will only inhibit your progress. How can you relax if you're serious? This process needs to be fun. Be child like about it, play. Beating yourself up about failure is a downward spiral. Perhaps just let go a little bit

Don't pay too much attention to what you assume is focus 10 (mind-awake-body-asleep) based on what you've read. Everyone experiences it differently. I know people who have full awareness of their body in focus 10 and are getting so much information they have to sit up and write just to make sure they get it all (all the while in focus 10).

skeptic

(My first experience was in the afternoon. (everytime i get close to something, it has always been in the afternoon) I relaxed my self and began clearing my mind. I sat there and just concentrated on my breath. I made myself feel like i was becoming heavier and sinking (it was just imagination/visualization) but after a few minutes i truly felt like i were sinking!
The vibes went all over my torso (not much at the back of my head), but unlike usually (mild vibes), these were intense. Before the vibes set in, my right ear went kinda 'deaf' (like the way they become when we travel in aeroplanes at high altitudes) Then both my ears felt the same way. My legs felt like they were floating a bit. And that's that... Nothing much after that. )

You were almost there . Sinking sensations and  "deaf" ears are the signs that your astral body is getting loose. But at this point if you get excited (which exactly what stopped me from projecting many times in the past) and start paying attention to new sensations (like ears and sinking) it will most likely end the process. That s why you need to continue to focus on your exercise  until you separate. Whatever  brought you to this moment do not stop doing it  , do not get excited whatever happens with your ears eyes body parts any sensations do not get excited and focus on your exercise  100%. Be neutral and do not expect anything to happen. Stay focused on one thing you are doing .
The process will naturally unfold  then and the separation will take place within few minutes.( sometimes even seconds) The key is to trust the process completely . Your job is to  maintain single focus-one pointedness and the rest will follow naturally.
Peace and Love
skeptic

Sagar

One thing that helped me was simple practice practice practice!  And if some method doesn't work for a few months, try a new one  :-)

What held me back the most was when I would get frustrated with methods not working, and being afraid of things.  I know this is vague advice, but there are countless unique methods to explore. 

I found that the more I forgot about all the techniques themselves I had more success (for example inducing a trance, getting into the mind awake body asleep state, rope pulling etc..) 
For the Love

soki

I'm to the point I always get to the vibrations each time I try to AP. It takes me 45-60 min to do so, and it always happens when I'm really deep in my visualisation. I'm so close to sleep I dont even know I'm in a visualisation. At first I know it, for sure, but as I let the tiredness take me over if you want, while ''watching the scenario created before my eyes'' (feels like a dream but you are not sleeping) I get deeper. And the scenario at some point begins to play by itself. I don't remember I'm in my bed, I don't think about it, I'm kind of dreaming. This is where I get the vibrations, but each time it pulls me out of my visualisation. The hard part is not getting to the vibrations, it's getting past them. What I'm gonna try to do is to incorporate the vibes feeling to something in my visualisation, so I can keep on feeling them (since they're hard to ignore) without being pulled out of the visualisation. I thought about this trick today I'll see if it works. I understood that the goal is really to keep your attention away from the physical. And when we're getting these famous vibes, they're pulling our attention towards the physical. Try to stay really focused on what you were doing, the light behind your eyes, the buzzing or hissing sound you hear, your visualisation, in your case the rope technique. Maybe try to imagine this rope is attached to a helicopter and that's why you're feeling these vibrations. So you can keep on climbing the rope and allow the vibes to take place. All this is hypothetical, I'm gonna try it in a few minutes. Maybe it's gonna take practice to get the hang of it but I'll see. I never projected consciously so maybe my advice is not the best, but this where I'm at in my practice: the same place as you are. These are my observations after many researches and experimentations. I hope it helps!

And don't forget that we don't have to feel the vibrations, I hope I didn't. Then I could keep my attention away from my physical body during the whole process. With time people say they go, our body gets used to being in the state, I think it's only a matter of feeling them many times before we just don't need to put our attention on them when they come. Like all the sensations I went through practicing frome the beginning. I felt them so many times I began ignoring them, they weren't as ''interesting'' and ''surprising'' than it had been. Let's allow the vibes to come, it's ok to study them at first. The more we know about them, about how they feel, the faster we will be able to forget them. Let's give ourself the chance to understand them, our consiousness by nature is curious. It wants to know what's happening so it's hard not to think about them. Good luck wish to see a success post from you in a close future and I'd like to read your experiences maybe it will help me with mines! And if you want to I can share what I experience too. Have a nice day post some news!

soki

I just tried for 2 hours still can't believe it was that long. I was able to reach the vibrations at least 10 times I'm not joking. Well it's changed a little, I don't feel vibes too much now it's more like a little feeling in my body that's staying there. Same trick I let my consciousness go away and begin to daydream. Exactly the same thing. As when you are in class or at work and you're so far in your mind you don't even know you're sitting in class in the moment. So once I am in this deep visualisation, I feel after seconds kind of a click like someone else says in another post. I already lost sense of it. It's like a quick and sudden movement of the consciousness. It's close to the feeling of receiving a slap behind the head. A gentle one. There's kind of a little shock, a quick movement. One of these times in my visualisation the scenario changed from a second to the other into something cartoonish shooting a bullet at my head. I heard a strong noise like thunder (second time I hear that first time I was in a dream and I received a basketball to the face. I heard a gunshot and woke up in SP with huge vibes) and felt the ''clic''. You know in these moments ''you're on your way''. I couldn't manage to use the technique I told you about above for it to work. I don't think it will be the way I'll succeed. Really interesting thing: each time I was getting to the clic, there were less vibrations. I could feel something in my body, like being in a whirlwhind and being on something that vibrates mildly. I think people tend to think vibrations are always felt strongly, but it's false. My first times it was really strong. All my energy centers were stimulated and it felt great. But it got away little by little. At first I was thinking it was not good, like it was because I wasn't reaching the state anymore. But now I know that I'm used to it. You'll notice the more you put your consciousness away from the physical the stronger the sensation becomes. You can still manage to focus on something else but if you come back to the physical you feel the augmentation. It gets to feeling like you're falling from the same point many times. The fall begins, it lasts not even a second and I'm back to the top only to fall again of 2-3 cm and it keeps on doing that. I think it's the consciousness moving quickly frome the physical to astral. It's the farthest I've been. This session has been a crazy big jump forward for me. I got to the right state many times and now I know what people mean by waiting the right state before doing a technique. That is the state they talk about. I'm way better at ignoring the sensations. Each time I got the click I ignored it a little more. Next time I get to this state I will only try to go deeper see what it does. I didn't even try this simple thing and maybe it will cause the strongest shift. For me it's pretty easy to feel the movement of it, I practiced for a long time sinking in myself. Maybe it's the last little thing I need, I'm pretty damn close!

Experiment with the right state of mind (the state that causes the vibes to come). Play with it, try different things. You gotta see by yourself what I'm talking about. The moment I will be able to use the right technique to further my consciousness away from the feeling of the right state of mind, I will get out of my body. And what's wonderful is I'm now able to reach this state at will, many times per session (before I could only reach it 2 times per session). I really understood how to reach the state, and when I'll understand how to get past the vibes, I will only have to practice it. Then I probably will be able to get out at will since I can reach the ''vibrations'' anytime.

The more I think about it, the less I like the denomination ''vibrations''. Well the use of the word. Yes it describes well the feeling of the sensation the state of consciousness brings, but people should'nt call it the vibration stage. It makes people understand the wrong thing like I used to think. It should be called the right state of mind stage or whatever suits you. This is an important thing to know. Vibrations, along with many other sensations, noises, light patterns behind your eyes etc are a product of this state of mind. They're merely a symptom of the shift that occurs. It's like for people that hit rock with they're hands. At first it hurts, but with time and repetition the hand gets used to it and it does'nt hurt as much. And after it does'nt hurt at all. You don't feel it anymore but you still did the same action. I learned a lot today wow I'm happy I had this session! Wish you good luck and success keep us posted!!!

For people who would like to know the feeling I have I can explain it like this: the first times it was like electricity inside and throughout my body. Really strong. It was so strong I could'nt notice the click (sorry I write ''clic'' without k it's the french word don't feel like searching for each of these so I'll let them be haha).

Now it's the same feeling I have when I shave my hair with my clipper. It's a mild sensation, like the one you get when you put your clipper on your head but in your whole body. The vibration is fast, soft and if I had to put a sound to it i'd say it's a low-pitch sound. Really low.

dpk38

Wow, cant believe you actually reached it 10times! Im more motivated now.
During your visualization, what do you exactly do?

Thanks a lot for your experiencss! (that was one huge reply)

soki

Yeah it really was the first time it happened. I think I really understood how to reach the state and once it is reached, even if the vibrations come and you lose it from there you just let yourself sink into another visualisation and it goes all over again. What I do is I'll wait until I'm really relaxed. I get deeper, forget about all the distractions, let my inner conversation stop. It often comes back but I make it stop the faster I can. For now I control what my mind sees and I have no scenario at all playing in my head. I reach the trance (mind awake/body asleep) and when I feel my body getting numb, I get energetic feeling in my feet/legs, sometimes I feel my hands like they're touching or in position they aren't for real (can be the arm, the leg..) then I know it's a good time to begin concentrating on the visualisations. Even there at first I'm the one who thinks about what is gonna play in my inner vision. But this is useless. It can make you go deeper, but it's not the action that will bring you to the vibrational state. Keep on relaxing, if you have to create the scenario you're not deep enough (but it's not a bad thing to do so it will bring you to the good state). Just relax and let yourself go towards sleep. I sometimes let myself get the feeling of tiredness, you know when it feels so good closing your eyes and the only thing you want is to go to sleep? This feeling is easy to bring back, you just want to send a signal to your mind. But don't forget to stay awake this is a stage where it is easy to fall asleep! So there's a shift that occurs at some point but I never know it happened, because I'm in the right state of mind. You know when you get really close to sleep, and while you're trying to AP you suddenly come back from ''sleep'' or from a mini dream. Your consciousness realises it's getting to sleep and you snap out of it and come back in a deep F10. This is what you want. At first I thought it was no good, each time it happened I was thinking I had almost lost it, I had to fix my attention better. But I was wrong. THIS IS the right state for me. This is the point I want to reach. Because you just can't get closer to sleep then when you're having this mini dream. Try getting to the mini dream stage. Don't do a single technique, allow yourself to relax. It can take time but yesterday it happened in like 15-20 min. Always depends of how I feel tired. The more I' m tired, the faster I reach the state. At night it's really harder though, too much is like not enough (french expression haha). So when you finally get to this stage where your mind creates its own scenarios by itself, don't fix your attention somewhere else like you probably usually do because you think you lost focus. Let yourself be in the visualisation. If you don't rush it you'll get there easily everybody does. Everyone has experienced coming back from a dream without sleeping. Like you're so close to sleep you're dreaming but you wake up and you know you never slept because of how you feel. And it's been a short time since you went to bed. These are the mini dreams I talk about. For sure it happened to you trying to concentrate on what you're doing (climbing the rope) and you lost your focus. It's perfect. Your mind begins thinking about WHATEVER it wants. Thoughts are no good, put them aside. What you want to keep is the images that are coming from no where inside your head. You don't see them in your inner vision for now, it's in your head. But as you put your attention on these images, begin creating little scenarios. You riding your car, a motorcycles, doing sky diving or going to the restaurant with your lover. Whatever entertains you enough to keep your attention focused. The scenario will take you deeper without you having to even think about it that's the beauty of this process. So you helped the scene being created. But you'll notice as you keep on visualising, the scenarios will begin to play by themselves without your help. You probably experienced this stage too as everybody does many times in their life. Maybe you just don't remember. The scenarios (visualisation that's not even really one anymore because you don't do it actively, your mind does it for you so there's no more action of visualising) will be anything. And when you come back from one of these you can remember only seconds before coming back up or a minute but not much because as soon it begins you'll feel the snap, click or whatever that tells you you're there. And not a second after you feel the vibes. At first maybe your mind will come back from the scenario it always happens to me your mind has to pass through there. So you won't be able to hold the scenarios for long at first but as soon as you realise you snapped out go back right away. Don't think about something else just dive back in another scenario or the same. You just have to will for the process to take place. I swear you won't have to wait long (2 min max) before you reach the state and the vibrations. Then you'll feel the energetic surge along with the other AP symptoms. You'll probably lose it fast (if you are like me) but don't worry you still are in the right state of mind. Let your mind wander again and it will go back to the scenarios by itself. Sometimes it's a little longer depending of how much you got out of focus beacause of the vibes. But you will be able to reach the vibes again and again until you 're tired and you went the farthest you could for now. Then take a break and come back too it later and the day after and after until you get so used to these sensations that you can forget them and go past them towards the OBE. Hope it helped sorry for the lenght I had to be precise in order for you to understand. This is MY technique maybe it doesn't suit you, or whatever (which is impossible everybody had these mini dreams even my girlfriend who knows not much about consciousness and AP). Keep on trying and take notes of everything. Thus you won't be so curious about the sensations the time after. Keep me posted and if you have other questions it's gonna be my pleasure answering them. You can MP me too and you have my hotmail on my profile so if there's anything I can do don't be shy it motivates me to help others. Have a nice day!

Edit: Damn that's a huge reply hahaha

soki

I just did a session. I realized it's way easier to start your own scenarios to get there. Start them and let them flow. Let them be. They will transform into whatever comes to your mind don't try to control it it will come fast. Reached two times the vibrations. The first time was quite pronounced the vibes were strong. I noticed that when I am in the right state of mind I can force the vibes in. Like I'm pushin on my body inside my head. I push with my consiousness to focus above my head it creates a weird mental tension. It brought me the first vibes which were quite strong. I managed to make them get stronger a little by creating this mental tension but I think it won't do it for me that way, I tend to focus on the augmentation of the sensations and it brings my focus to the point behind my eyes. It was hard relaxing for me this morning. The moment I'm at the best seems to be a couple of hours after I woke up, in the eraly afternoon. 2 pm is a good time for me. I'll probably give it another try later on. Didn't feel like getting to the vibes over and over like yesterday because I felt I wasn't gona get out of my body, it was too hard getting to the vibes and it was long. I now got the feel of where my mind is before the vibes. By replicating the same mind position it seems as if I can reach them that way too in association with any technique that deepens the consiousness. Another step forward, I can now provoke the vibrations in an active way. Before today I had to be passive. Not sure if it's a good way to do it though don't think it will help for the separation process.

dpk38

Hmm... Im getting what you're saying. There was one another person too who had advised to try inducing sleepy feelings.
i'm middle of final exams, so not able to dedicate much time but when i do ill mkesure to implement your techniques. thanks again.
Admins could pin this post. IT has some valuable info!

soarin12

Guys, if you have gotten to the mini-dream stage, there is no need to try to induce vibes and go through some kind of separation process.  You are there!  You're watching the mini-dream play out, right?  Now just intuitively place yourself into the scene.  Pop!  your're there!  There's no real good way to describe how to do this except have the mental intention to be in the scene.  It'll happen instantly. 

And when I say mini-dream stage, I mean the scene is playing out for more than a few seconds.  If you see a visual, it lasts of a second or two, then fades to blackness, then it happens again, etc.  you're not there yet.  -Gotta go deeper til you get to the real mini-dreams that last longer, but Soki, the way you described how you got to the mini-dream stage, excellent!  That's how the pro's do it lol!  Once you've succeeded with a visualization method, you realize you just hit a gold mine.  Many people project every morning this way. 

This is what I do.  Sound familiar?  Wake up after 6 or 7 hrs. sleep. (the number of hrs. isn't as important as getting the amount of sleep that will leave you refreshed but still being able / wanting to sleep some more) Mentally shake away excessive sleepiness.  Lie still, totally relax.  When I start to feel numb, I start visualizing something -anything for maybe 10 sec. or so.  Then I offer it up to my brain to take over with it's own visuals.  If it doesn't take over, I'll go again with my own for a little bit, and then offer up the scene to take up a life of it's own again.

Sometimes I don't have to start with my own visualization - often the scene starts up with it's own material with out my help.  You just have to play around with this part.  As I said above, at this point you are watching like a movie, and all you have to do is intend to be there.  Pop!  That's it.  Trying to go back to vibes and a separation technique is going backwards.  Now if you still want to do it your way, of course you can, I'm not saying it won't work.  I'm just saying -not necessary!  You are on the cusp!   :-)

soarin12

Oh, and above, when I said -shake away excessive sleepiness - I actually mean shake off ALL sleepiness.  I can't begin the process tired or I'll fall asleep.  As I'm lying there for awhile, however, I may start to feel a little sleepy again and this is not a bad thing because it signals that I'm getting into the right state.  When the sleepiness hits, it's very easy (because I already have 6 hrs. sleep behind me) to get rid of it again by just willing it away. 

Jesse Smith

**n00bie alert.**

Visualization question, are we supposed to not move our eyes at all while doing visualization? That can be a challenge.

Quote from: soarin12 on February 12, 2015, 00:02:20I actually mean shake off ALL sleepiness.  I can't begin the process tired or I'll fall asleep.

How do you then get your body asleep while keeping the mind awake? I figured you were supposed to try to get tired enough that your body then goes to sleep, while you some how get your mind to stay awake. I either eventually fall asleep, or stay awake for an hour or more and finally just give up!!

soarin12

Quote from: Jesse Smith on February 13, 2015, 06:32:41
**n00bie alert.**

Visualization question, are we supposed to not move our eyes at all while doing visualization? That can be a challenge.

How do you then get your body asleep while keeping the mind awake? I figured you were supposed to try to get tired enough that your body then goes to sleep, while you some how get your mind to stay awake. I either eventually fall asleep, or stay awake for an hour or more and finally just give up!!

I've never really thought about whether I move my eye balls when I visualize, but I don't think I do.  I just imagine I'm floating around my childhood home and I see whatever is straight in front of me. No looking from side to side - up or down.  I usually keep moving forward (floating) so the scenery is changing slowly -that way I don't get bored.  I find it easier to visualize things that are relatively close up so I try to stay about 2 ft. away from objects.  That's what works best for me.  You'll want to experiment and find your own routine.

I'm tired enough for my body to fall asleep because I don't get my full amount of sleep for the night before I project. (I do it after 6 hrs. sleep)  My body is still very relaxed and 'knows' bed time isn't over yet.  So even though I shake off the sleepiness in my mind, my body is still in sleep mode.  Don't get me wrong, after I've woken myself up for the beginning of the trance, I let myself get a little sleepy again -just not too much.  You've got to stay aware enough to catch yourself form passing the point of no return. 

I need that minute or two of being awake without drowsiness before I start the process (or else I'll fall asleep) but some people may not.  If you can handle being drowsy in the beginning, go ahead.  There's no problem there unless your're like me and it causes you to fall asleep.  It's a delicate state -hovering around the sleep thresh hold, and you just have to play with it.  Hr. 6 is magic hr. for me because I've slept long enough to be well rested and when I feel tired during the trance, it's not a real 'quick', heavy kind of tired that drags me to sleep.  If I projected later - like after 8 hrs. of sleep I'd have the opposite problem.  I'd run the risk of just being too awake -opportunity lost.  So the right timing can really help you with the issue of being either too awake or falling asleep.

floriferous

Quote from: Jesse Smith on February 13, 2015, 06:32:41
**n00bie alert.**

I personally think you are over complicating something that really doesn't need to be. After all is not the point of meditation to relinquish thought and the logical left brain. You're giving it fodder. Now you've brought attention to your eyes it has become an issue. If you just let go and not consider it then it isn't a problem.

I keep reiterating in my posts that most peoples problems on here are their mindset and the mental foundations are not properly in place because they hear about some awesome new method guaranteed to work then get annoyed when it doesn't. I'm not saying you in particular. Rather a recurring trend I notice on here.

soki

Ah well I hadn't thought about it that way... But the thing is that when I'm having those mini-dreams, I'm not even conscious of being trying to AP. I let go so much of my consciousness and keep just a little to stay awake. I'll try putting a little more focus on the scenes to see if I can phase there that would be something nice to try! I'll see what I can do I'm gonna search the forum a little for minding sake and I'll give it a try!! Thank you Soarin12!

And Floriferous is right. Whether it's the action of swallowing, your eyes moving or whatever just ignore it. As you get used to it you'll forget these sensations faster as they appear.

soarin12

Quote from: soki on February 13, 2015, 15:50:13
when I'm having those mini-dreams, I'm not even conscious of being trying to AP. I let go so much of my consciousness and keep just a little to stay awake. I'll try putting a little more focus on the scenes to see if I can phase there
You did great to be able to stay awake through the mini dreams.  Don't change much.  Just believe from before you even start that you will enter the scene through them, and allow it to happen. 

Sometimes when we tell people to 'intend to enter the scene'  they get the mistaken notion that they have to force or control things, and that kills it.  Just continue to watch the scene play out and gently feel a part of it.  The shift will happen when it happens and your only job is to *allow* it to happen. 

Jesse Smith

Quote from: floriferous on February 13, 2015, 08:31:29
I personally think you are over complicating something that really doesn't need to be. Now you've brought attention to your eyes it has become an issue. If you just let go and not consider it then it isn't a problem

I got that from what I've read online, from lucidology.com, that just having the eyes move can keep the body awake. Stuff like...

Quotedon't move your eyes, don't open your eyes, don't scratch any itches, you don't move at all in any way

soki

Yes it can if you let it. Did you know that there is a phase in the sleeping process that's called REM or Rapid Eye Movement. When you are deep enough in trance, your eyes will sometimes begin to move really fast like they're shivering. Never saw someone dreaming? Their eyes will move as if they're following where they're looking at in the dream. But they still won't wake up. Just practice removing your attention from the stimulus as quick as possible. Your first attempts won't be so good for sure, it will break your concentration and you'll have to start over. But with time you just won't care if there's something that draws your attention because you will be able to let it go right away and YOU WILL KEEP ON FROM THE SAME PLACE YOU WERE. I still get pulled out sometimes I feel like I have to swallow but I don't wanna do it. My body then does it for me when there's too much saliva I just come back to my visualisation and start from the same point or go really fast to where I was at. Just allow yourself to move when needed, and go back to what you were doing. When I'm deep in trance I can open my eyes and maintain the state and feelings. I still feel the numbness of my body and it still is asleep. But my eyes are opened. If i begin moving my eyes around and really looking then my body will wake up. But I could if I want ''dive back'' in my visualisation and deepen my consciousness. Try it you'll see it won't take time to get used to let go these feelings but as long as you think it breaks the whole experience this what it's gonna do. If my arm is itchy and it's so much I can't just think about something else then I will scratch it and go back at it!! It's even worse letting your concentration go towards that. The reason why when your body is itchy you shouldn't move is because it's a way of your body to check if you sleep. While sleeping you won't scratch it. Then your body will go into sleep paralysis. If you move you tell your body ''I'm not sleeping'' and it stays awake longer. That's the reason. It will go away if you don't move and you will maintain the state. But if it really is too much just scratch it! And yes feeling your eyes move or hearing people walk in your house is gonna break your concentration. Lucidology.com was right about it. But that's when you're a beginner. Or when you don't work on it. This article was probably made to prepare the beginner to what might happen but it doesn't mean this is always gonna be that way and maybe what you read is false. I know that site is a good reference but you could read something that's based on an opinion and you would then get a false interpretation. Always go and verify by yourself, AP is a subject that can lead to a million of different interpretations, facts and more. Check by yourself, you don't know, maybe you will be the one that will discover a new thing or prove people wrong  :wink: Good luck!

Szaxx

If you can keep your eyes still, its speeds up the final part.
For those wanting a little more on phasing, have a read of the link if you've not read it.
It's one of many stickies containing Info.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_astral_blueprint-t38729.0.html
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

soki

Already read it, really good infos. I'm experimenting for now I don't think I can find how to get past to where I am by asking people and searching on the net. I have to try and fail until I find  the way to get out. I can feel myself kinf of elevating but not like if I'm flying out of my body. It feels more like if I am fume within my body that comes from as deep as where my consciousness is and raises up inside me and out of me a little. I'm working on the mental action for now I'm trying different things until I get it. It's a long road but I know I'm right at the corner of the next chapter of my experiences!