new and trying to learn

Previous topic - Next topic

LucidMoon

Hi, I'm new to this site and have been trying to astral project for maybe a total of 2 months now.  I've been maybe to 13 sites looking for new methods when the ones I've tried for a week or 2 haven't worked.  Can anyone tell me a method (in great detail please) that put you into your first astral projection, or one that works like water on fire?
This life is just practice for the next

samson

hi lucid moon,
      a good way to have an obe is to set your alarm for about 3am. slightly wake yourself up and then attempt your projection. by attempting projection at this time your more likely to have a relaxed body and a clearer surface mind.
     whatever technique you choose, remember to try and keep your attention totally away from your body. i sometimes imagine a body hovering directly over my physical body and imagine (more like feeling) my consciousness rising up and entering this imagined/etheric body.
     if you find your too tired to practice at this time of night, just take a walk around the house and do whatever until you become awake enough to have good concentration.
      good luck kiddo!

cobalt

One more newbie...
1)Since im just found this forum i think answer already may be here, so ill search (Q: Where to begin?)
2)Is this forum still alive, how fast~ i could get replies...
3)How can u know its true, that you are not dreaming actually(but astral travelling), can u feel its different from dream?
4)Any other suggestions to newbie?
Nice to see you :)

laiana

I am "relatively" new and I can tell you that all you need to do is do some reading on the Astral Dynamics site, and perhaps buy Robert's book "Astral Dynamics".  EVERYTHING a beginner would want to know is in there (save you searching on the internet like I did!)

I wondered the same thing as you, how do you know its real and not just a dream?  I had the tiniest of tiny experiences that answered that for me - one morning I was lying on my side, and realised that I was "awake" but not physically.  I began trying to roll around, and I managed to force my "internal" eyes open and saw the curtain by the side of my bed, and it was shining and shimmering.  It was literally as if I had my eyes wide awake and was looking, but I wasn't.  My memory of it has the same clarity as the memory of brushing my teeth this morning.  It was not a dream, and that was enough to convince me to keep leaning :)

cobalt

You mean you have that clarity you have when you are awake?
Not like dreaming when everything floats, changes and isnt clear(You an feel your eyes closed..or somthing like that)..that feeling you are trapped?

Btw, i red some info in the net, and tried to not fall a sleep(concentrated at the center of "screen" and tried keep it black), after some time i was almost a sleep i felt something like creeps and big darkness in my eyes, then i started to think about my body(becose i felt it only in my head-head was only thing i could feel) and woke up from my heartbeats.
Was it only dream or is it related somehow to astral travelling(or how its called..?)?

edit:
Btw, it seems that almost everyone in here is only trying to acheive something, is here anyone who masters this stuff, can tell something more exact about it?
Nice to see you :)

Jeff_Mash

By the way, I'm not here to say "do this technique" or "try this one."   What I do want to remind people is that just because you try something for 1 -2 weeks without success does NOT mean that it's a futile exercise.

Like any exercise in the physical, repetition is the key to establish habits and recognize certain patterns.

There is no one special technique which is going to work.  I have found that by trying (and practicing) a variety of techniques, your chances of projecting become greater.  By having all these techniques and practice under your belt, you end up tweaking them to fit your situation at the time.

As an example, some nights, I may already be naturally relaxed, so I will lay off on the techniques which focus on physically relaxing your muscles, and jump right to a more 'mental' exercise of bringing myself closer to a conscious projection state.

Other times, this technique may not work for me, because of some other hangup at the time.  So you see, there is no right or wrong way to go about this.  Like any exercise or language, you must practice a myriad of techniques to see which works best for you, and which need to be tweaked in order to further your progress.
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com

laiana

Quote from: cobaltYou mean you have that clarity you have when you are awake?
Not like dreaming when everything floats, changes and isnt clear

Btw, it seems that almost everyone in here is only trying to acheive something, is here anyone who masters this stuff, can tell something more exact about it?

Yes - it is as clear as if you are awake, and not "fuzzy" like in a dream.  As i said, the memory to me is as the memory of brushing my teeth this morning - it was as if I was awake.

There are heaps of people who have mastered this on this forum - all you need to do is do a bit more reading of the topics here and you will find plenty of threads that will tell you more exact details about what can be done.

Agntneo

Well, that about setting your alarm at 3 am isn't that good as you think... Atleast not for me.

I did that for a couple a weeks and when I awoke by the alarm I was dead sleepy and I tried to AP with no luck because my mind just shut off and I started dreaming again.

So I suggest you try the ROPE technique by Robert Bruce. It's probably the best technique out there for everyone.
People Can Fly