I had success with insomnia OBE method!

Previous topic - Next topic

Major Tom

AntiGravity

Awesome, congrats thelou!
I have not been able to stay awake use the Insomnia Method, yet that is, it just seems to hard! (Well maybe it isnt, but you get the point)
Oh, I meant to ask, thelou, how many previous OBEs have you had?
Again, congrats!
Take care!
[:D]

MaDroX

congrats[:D]

I will have a longer weekend this week (thursday, friday, saturday, sunday free [:)] ) and that means I will try it 4 nights[^]
I already tried it 4 times but I always fell asleep.. But I'm sure I didn't try as hard as I can because I just went to bed saying to myself "well yeah, whatever, just stay awake" and thought about staying awake and OBE and stuff but soon I think I just stopped thinking and passed out [xx(]
I find it awesome that I just can't remember why I fell asleep and what happened before it[;)]

Well, I guess I'll try harder this weekend and then post my experiences [:)]
and I never had a concious OBE before (just a dream about having an OBE.. maybe it was half dream-half OBE?[:D] ) so this is gonna be pretty interesting if it works for me.. I'm sure I wouldn't stay out long because I would just get too excited and maybe even scared..

Well, we will see :)

I have a question to all people who astral projected by the way..

I often read that people see some creatures standing around their sleeping body and looking at it.. Is this true?
If yes, why do they do that? Are they evil?

I'm asking that because I think that would be almost the only thing that could scare me about having an OBE.. I think it would scare the excrement out of me to see strange creatures/shadows standing around my body and looking at it.. But oh well, I will still (try to[;)]) astral project [:)]

congrats again lou [8D]

thelou

Hi MajorTom and thanks,

I had to fight to stay awake for about a half and hour.  And that is something I wanted to ask you about this morning.  Last night I went to bed normally.  Was not real tired but knew I had to get up for work.  You know.

Any how, I intended to do the same last night.  But I fell asleep quickly.  Probably because of lack of practice at this method.  This brings me to my question.  In your experience, is there any correlation of your success with how tired or exhausted you were when you went in?

Did not dream much, but I did wake myself up 2-3 times to see if I was.

Antigravity wrote

quote:
Awesome, congrats thelou!
I have not been able to stay awake use the Insomnia Method, yet that is, it just seems to hard! (Well maybe it isnt, but you get the point)
Oh, I meant to ask, thelou, how many previous OBEs have you had?
Again, congrats!
Take care!

Thanks for your kind words.  And yes it does seem hard.  To have the discipline that Tom has for that many hours....

I am really curios to know if my high level of being tired and exhausted had anything to do with my success, and only having tried it for about a half an hour.  As last night, nothing.

As far as my previous OBE's.  Through out my life up until a couple of months ago about 2-3 dozen spontaneous OBE's.  Then when I started practicing on purpose, about 12-14.  (In about 2 month time frame.)

So all together about 36-50 that I know about.  Then there are countless dreams where I might have, but can not be sure.  I am not counting them here.

Madrox,

quote:
congrats

I will have a longer weekend this week (thursday, friday, saturday, sunday free  ) and that means I will try it 4 nights
I already tried it 4 times but I always fell asleep.. But I'm sure I didn't try as hard as I can because I just went to bed saying to myself "well yeah, whatever, just stay awake" and thought about staying awake and OBE and stuff but soon I think I just stopped thinking and passed out
I find it awesome that I just can't remember why I fell asleep and what happened before it

Well, I guess I'll try harder this weekend and then post my experiences
and I never had a concious OBE before (just a dream about having an OBE.. maybe it was half dream-half OBE? ) so this is gonna be pretty interesting if it works for me.. I'm sure I wouldn't stay out long because I would just get too excited and maybe even scared..

Well, we will see :)

I have a question to all people who astral projected by the way..

I often read that people see some creatures standing around their sleeping body and looking at it.. Is this true?
If yes, why do they do that? Are they evil?

I'm asking that because I think that would be almost the only thing that could scare me about having an OBE.. I think it would scare the excrement out of me to see strange creatures/shadows standing around my body and looking at it.. But oh well, I will still (try to) astral project

congrats again lou

Hay thanks for your post man, I think I might have discovered something important because of your post.  About the "trying" thing.  The night it worked I did not "try" at all.  But I really wanted to.  Then last night when nothing happened, my desire for it to happen was not as strong, but I really tried hard.  It is almost like desire and try are on opposite ends.  Where desire has better results, but trying make a sort of block.

MajorTom and Antigravity what do you think about that?  Please post so that myself and Madrox can think about that before his four day weekend.  (Good job you lucky devel, I work 6 days a week, every week).[xx(]

I personally have never seen any spirits lurking around my room.  But many times I have "sensed" them there.  In my opinion THEY ARE NOT EVIL, I think they are our spirit guides.  In fact there is even a web site that talks all about it and that you can even request a special spirit guide just to teach you how to OBE.  Here is the link.

http://www.wisdomsdoor.com/rc2/hrc2-15.shtml

He talks about and gives an example agreement between you and your spirit guide who comes from Sandalphon.  I do not thing that is required, more for those analytical Lawyer types.

Thanks all

lou
What ever the mind of man can conceive, and believe, it can achieve.  Napoleon Hill

There is no spoon.

Life is a dichotomy within an enigma, based upon dogma affecting karma...... Or my dogma ate my karma....

Dream Cadet

thelou,

Congratulations on your success. I have 3 days off starting on Saturday and I'm going to attempt what I have affectionately named the "MajorTom sure fire OBE method".  Let's all keep each other up to date on how it goes.  We may actually make MajorTom famous[8D] for being the first guy to develop a fool proof method[:P].  

Good luck to all this weekend,

D.C.

techno_fantasyix

To my recollection, I only had one OBE as a child. I was sleeping and awoke to find myself hovering over my body, or so it seemed. I was so afraid ( I was 6 and had no idea what was going on ) that I somehow re-entered my body and then it was as if everything went black and my body woke up.

Ive attempted OBE about 3 times lately. Two nights ago when I tried, I felt like my body was moving up and down , a bit like being on a boat.I also felt as if (as I started to get lighter) like a woman was beside me, encouraging me in what I was trying to do.

I wonder who she was..

kerbe6

I just thought I would share my experience trying the insomnia last night.  

I got into my bed at about 10:30, feeling a bit tired.  By about 11:00, I was fightin to stay awake.  From then until about 12:00, I found myslef dozing off a lot, but was able to keep myself awake.  After that, I started to feel very awake, and no longer had any problems staying awake.  I was like that until about 1:00, and at that point i started feeling very relaxed, and decided i could go ahead and close my eyes since I was not feeling tired.  After about half an hour in that relaxed state, I began to feel s strange sensation in my arms and legs.  It was not anything like the vibrations I got the last time I APed, but was more like a warm, very gentle tingling feeling.  It was pulsing and very relaxing.  This got me quite excited because I thought I was getting really close to APing.

Well that was the last thing I remember.  I guess I fell asleep, but I don's know why...I was not at all tired.  Later on that night I woke up and had a very strange sensation of my body sinking and rising as I breathed. I would breath in, and I would feel like I was falling through my bed to the ground, then I would breath out and I would rise back up.  

So that is what I got out of the insomnia method.  I was quite dissapointed when I woke up and realized that I will be very tired today, and it was all for nothing...buuut I will try agiain sometime when I dont have school the next day.

Peace

kerbe6

Well I have only been able to AP once before...about a week ago.  I had been reading all about APing for a few days before it, and I went to bed hoping to AP.  I woke up in the morning, but not completely.  I was concious, but still mostly asleep.  I though to myself, 'hey, this would be a good time to try APing'.  So then I tried the 'roll out' method.  I could feel my astral self kind of turning nad trying to roll out.    Then I tried getting myself to sit up.  I got my upper body and mt arms out, and started to get this intense buzzing/vibrating feeling throughout my whole body.  Within a second, I was completely out.  I floated/walked over to the foot of my bed, and tried to look down at my physical body.  Everything was kinda blurry and dark, and I could make out my bed, but couldn't quite make out a physical body.  So I reached down to try to feel my physical self, and right when I felt something solid (i think it was my foot) I was back in my physical body.

As you can see, that experience was quite different than what was happening when I tried the insomnia method.  So I'm not really that familiar with OBEs.  I'm glad that what I was feeling was typical to OBEs though...that makes me wanna try harder next time.

As for why I fell asleep, I have no idea.  I guess maybe I was paying too much attention to how good the relaxation felt, and wasn't paying anough attention to making myself stay awake.

I guess now would be a good time to introduce myself to everyone.  As you can see I'm a newb in this forum, and to APing.  I'm 15 years old, and live in Arizona.  My aunt is the person who really got me into all this 'new age' type stuff.  I find it all very interesting, and have been learning to see auras, astral project, meditate, etc.

Peace

thelou

MajorTom,

Yes I agree with you on that what seems to work one day does not the next, or that your results taper off.  And it is frustrating.[}:)]

Before when I was practicing every day I had good results for awhile, and then had a tapering off.  So I suspended every thing for awhile.

But lately I have been thinking about that very same thing.  Going back over my OBE log, I have noticed that there were some small changes that I had made.  Short cuts as it were.  You know when you get to a point where you feel like ok I understand this aspect.  But to save time I am going to shave a little off here, and a little off there.

For example when I first started meditating it took me about half and hour to get really deep.  But over time as my body and mind learned what was going on, I could get to the same level in about 10 minutes.  And I progressively made short cuts along the way that were no longer required.

Perhaps we subconsciously do that in our OBE attempts.  Kind of like sabotage.  Perhaps at these times we need to go back to basics, like the very first attempt ever.

Dream Cadet,

good luck on your three days.  I am jealous, cuz I only get one.  But I agree.  I think it would be a good idea if we that are involved in this thread keep each other up to date.  I think that if we work together we can inspire and learn from each other.  We might turn out to be the next generation of conscious OBE any time people.

Hey Kerbe6,

The night when I was really tired and kept waking up I really thought I would be real tired the next day.  But somehow I was not.  So were you really tired today?

And you are very fortunate to have a close person to help you and teach you.  It was really easy for me to learn psychic stuff when I was younger.  Best of luck and keep us posted on this thread to your success, ok?
What ever the mind of man can conceive, and believe, it can achieve.  Napoleon Hill

There is no spoon.

Life is a dichotomy within an enigma, based upon dogma affecting karma...... Or my dogma ate my karma....

kerbe6

Hey thelou

I was actually very tired all morning, but around lunch time I started to feel quite energetic.  Then again sometimes when I pull all-nighters I will feel 10 times more energetic than usual the next day.  Were you referring to my friend with the 'astral blindness' whrn you said I was fortunate to have a person close to me with these interests?  If so then yes, I feel very fortunate.    She is more into occult, Wiccan, magick type stuff..but she is able to help me out a lot with this stuff.

Edit: I just realized that you were talking about my aunt that I mentioned in my last post.  Here: http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12183 is the friend I was talking about.  

Oh I like your signature 'There is no spoon'...I am actually holding a spoon in my hand right now...trying to get it to bend  [:)]
http://www.fork-you.com

Peace

JAW

Hey guys,
Tom - I "attempted to try" your insomnia method the other night but didn't get far :) I combined it with a method for relaxing my eyes, which was to keep them open as long as possible before they feel so heavy you can't keep them open. Anyhow, from using that method, I would honestly say that was almost the fastest Ive ever fallen asleep in my life haha! I usually have trouble, but I think the fact that I was trying to stay awake, combined with that eye relaxation thing was just like an instant lights out method for me :)
It was interesting though, because I could still see hypnogogic images even with my eyes open. That was bizzarre.

Ill have to give your method another go and try harder to stay awake by moving around, not trying the keep eyes open method, etc. Who knows, by trying harder I might sleep even faster haha.

Cheers,
jaw
When you ask why some event happened, the only true and complete answer is "The Universe", because if any part of the Universe had been different, things would have happened differently - Eliezer S. Yudkowsky

findtruth

Congrats on OBEing
So is the insomniac method just lying in bed and staying awake until you project?

thelou

Hi findtruth,

Sort of.  Here is MajorTom's original thread on the insomnia method.  You will find detailed info and discussions on it here.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11902

Thanks for your question.

Lou

There is no spoon.

seth817

A trick that I read about is to hold your forearm in the air while you are in bed so if you start to fall asleep your forearm will fall and allert you. I wonder if that would work for the insomniac method. To help keem yourself from falling asleep.

Dream Cadet

Hi All,

I used the mini version of the "MajorTom sure fire OBE method" last night with some success. I went to bed at 1:00 a.m. I alternated holding an arm up in the air bent at the elbow for about an hour.  I knew I wasn't going to attempt to go late into the night.  I wanted to be rested up for tonight when I go all out with my attempt. I got pretty deep into the trance state and actually had some slight sensations.  After I decided that I had tried long enough, I rolled over on my side and went to sleep.  When I woke up, I remembered having the vibrations and my attempts at exit.  I have actually OBE'd before from a dream where the vibrations were strong enough to make me aware and I had a full blown OBE.  It's like I couldn't quite get awake enough to take advantage of the vibrations.  I rembered struggling a little with paralysis.  It may have been a shadow memory issue as well.  Who knows?

Tonight I am going to stay awake until I OBE or BUST.  I'll keep you posted.  Tomorrow, I may call it the "Kamikaze, what was I thinking, I must have been out of my mind to even consider this" method of OBE.[:O]

D.c.

Dream Cadet

Hi All,

I had to abort the MajorTom method after 2 hours last night due to some outside interference.  I got close however. I saw flashes of light, heard laughter and at one point I felt someone walk past my side of the bed who was not there. I also had energy sensations that usually lead to vibrations. I have a lot to do today and will not be able to nap.  Tonight I will try again. It will be the MajorTom method with an insomnia twist.  Maybe I'll be too tired to sleep[:D]

D.C.

thelou

Hi folks,

quote:
Hi All,

I had to abort the MajorTom method after 2 hours last night due to some outside interference. I got close however. I saw flashes of light, heard laughter and at one point I felt someone walk past my side of the bed who was not there. I also had energy sensations that usually lead to vibrations. I have a lot to do today and will not be able to nap. Tonight I will try again. It will be the MajorTom method with an insomnia twist. Maybe I'll be too tired to sleep

D.C.

Keep us posted D.C.[:D]

I have been going to bed really tired lately and have not tried the insomnia method for a few days.  But I have spent a solid 10-15 minutes of "I will OBE" affirmations.  Each night for the last three I have not felt any vibrations or anything that is like going out.  But I have been woken up at least once or twice each night from the feeling of being sucked back in.  Where you are pulled back in so hard that it shocks you into being awake.

So what's the deal?  Just a dream?  Or has anyone else had this happen to them?

There is no spoon.

Dream Cadet

thelou and MajorTom,

I had good success with the "MajorTom" method. I didn't actually OBE but I learned a lot about the process.  I kept getting interrupted by outside interferrence and did not get to complete the task.  Here's some of what I learned:

1. The 2nd night I learned I can go to sleep with my arm held up in the air [:O]. I was getting very uncomfortable after 2 hours of lying on my back so I turned on to one side.  I left my arm up in the air. Next, I woke up 2 hours later with my arm perfectly balanced and my fingers were asleep.[:(!]

2. I also learned that about 2-3 seconds after my hypnogogic (sp) imagery turns into a scene and starts to move my arm starts to fall.  This appears to be where my mind starts falling asleep. I got pretty good at recognizing this and started to predict it. A little more practice and this will be helpful in keeping my mind from falling asleep without the annoyance of the arm in the air.

3. I got to the feeling of falling through my bed. At this point, I knew I was very close to exit but I got interrupted. [:(!] I think I could have actually been writing about my successful OBE if it weren't for being interrupted.

4. I also reaffirmed to some degree that I have a unique, well disguised OBE killer.  When I get to a point during my exercizes that exit is near, I start telling myself that I'm tired of trying and to give up and try again tomorrow night.  It usually happens at the same point in my practice and is not related how long I have been trying.  Pretty sneeky huh![}:)]

In summary,

What the "MajorTom" method did was help me become more familiar with different stages and what goes on by just spending a lot of time practicing. I am trying to map a way through to "surefire" OBEs and this weekend has helped a bunch.

Thanks again MajorTom and thelou for your support.

D.C.

Oh Yeah! MajorTom,

Please come back and visit us sometime.

upstream

You could interrupt your sleep, then bent your arm. Lot of my rolling-out OBEs have came that way.

However, after all the struggle you'll got through, your arm could remain in perfect balance. It will not hinder you to getting out, but could help to get the very feeling of the detaching process and understand the nature of the paralysis.

You could generate intent simply by the sustained act of not allowing yourself to sleep as you used to. And this is the intent which allow you to get awareness of the proper state required for separation.

>>> upstream

thelou

Last night I decided to do MajorTom's insomnia method.  At first I thought I would have to be crazy to ever try that.  But I have not had much luck for a couple of weeks after having several good OBE's.  And that was driving me crazy![;)]

I was actually very, very tired and was yawning and falling asleep all day.  I knew I would not be able to last 5 hours, but decided I would try my best.  But as I lie down my mind kept arguing between OBE and LD.  So in my affirmations, I just kept going back and forth, OBE, LD, OBE, LD...

The next think I know I am having full blown vibrations like I have never had before!  I saw a bright flash of light and then started to make out my room around me.  I was sitting up in bed, and my body was still lying there.

I got so excited I woke up.  But it was way cool.  I guess I was technically only half out.  But I feel that the results were great for my first attempt at this method.  All the rest of the night I woke up about every half hour to see if I was awake or not.  That got a little frustrating, but I was not tired today like I thought I would be.

I had many dreams of feeling like I was detached throughout the night.  Could that have been why I kept waking myself up?  

MajorTom do these sensations sound familiar to you?  And any suggestions?

Thanks people,

There is no spoon.