2 quick questions

Previous topic - Next topic

astralc

Justinh

just keep practicing, it is better if you don't try toohard because that creates more tension, and you want to be really relaxed to OOB. Don't forget that not many people can consciously OOB, it usualy happens just before sleep.

Astralc

www.shoal.net.au/~astralc

Grenade01

Yeah what he said

Also try meditating as you fall asleep in addition to your normal meditation routine.
If it works, you get something cool, if not it helps you get to sleep faster because your not sitting there going over all your days thoughts.
Win win situation if you ask me

Usually I have most my experiences before sleep...sometimes if i wake up for a while and go back to sleep as well...or if im just slightly tired and meditate in the day

[][][] <-- boxes --> [][][]

ralphm

try projecting after 8 hours of sleep. you will be relaxed and your mind will not be as active as other times.

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

Tisha

Hello!

I, too, am the type that needs 10-12 hours a sleep per day.  It is one of the reasons I now live alone . . . so no one will wake me up or get on my case or call me lazy!  

When I try to project at night, I just fall asleep from exhaustion.  However, I am often(?) awakened an hour or so after falling asleep by projection vibrations.  They are pretty unpleasant because they are so uncontrolled and unexpected.

The most peaceful projection I ever had was in the morning after several hours of blissful sleep.  So I'm echoing the message from ralphm above . . . try it in the morning!

tisha

Tisha

justinh

Thanks for the suggestions...

I tried waking up a few hours earlier and then attempting a projection and had a few weird experiences.  One, I was drifting into the sleep state, probably attempting to project, when I felt a sudden tap on both shoulders, bringing me instantly awake.  At the time I thought it was the "grabbing hands" phenomenon.  Who knows...

The other was some kind of dream where I was travelling very fast down the road in a car or something.  I started to get pretty scared and scream, I think, then, tried to deliberately pull the car off the road by swerving to the right.   I managed to do so, but the dream ended and I think I felt my projectable double turn to the side and fall into my physical body.  I felt a distinct falling sensation when this happened, and it felt like I initiated it.  I think I got a little freaked and woke up right then.

Hopefully these are good signs...

Thanks,
Justin

ralphm

it seems like everyone does different techniques/timing and you are on your way to finding yours. i too have a slight fear of those weird things happening so that is probably why i go out after i fall "asleep"

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

antagonist

I used to have some sleeping problems I was not restfull enough to get to sleep.

But now I have 2 ways of  meditating one is about reaching obe or at least come as close as possible and the other is to fall asleep in a nice way.

When I try to reach  Obe I am most succesfull around 22:00 when it is quiet around me and I still have alot of energy .

when I try to reach sleep I just meditate when it is very late 1:00+
and most of the time it happens by itsself , if not I can just stop the action that I am doing then like Rope or Ascend and just concentrate on sleeping.
works all the time

justinh

First, is it possible to be too awake to OBE?  I ask because I am a person who needs lots of sleep at night (10-12 hrs to feel well during the day).  When I meditate, I NEVER have come close to falling asleep, even though I hear its a common thing.  For an OBE, are you supposed to be drifting into a sleep-state for the projection reflex to kick in?

Second, I don't get any vibrations at all.  Occasionally, I get a slight fluttering twitch or something in the hand or thigh, but when I focus on it, it quickly goes away.  What is the first thing I would notice when I start to get these vibrations that everyone talks about?

I meditate regularly, and have learned to relax, clear my head, control my breathing, and try some loosening techniques.  I am getting better, but I guess I'm just not close enough to project yet.

Thanks,
Justin