No astral sight

Previous topic - Next topic

silverlight

Hi everyone,

I've been experimenting with astral projection for the past few months, and I believe that I have successfully projected several times.

Sometimes, I wake up early in the morning in a state of sleep paralysis. When this happens, I simply focus on the intention of leaving my physical body, and I feel my astral body effortlessly slide out from my physical body through my head, sort of like a snake unsheathing itself from its old skin.

Then, I either feel myself go through the wall behind my bed or float down onto the floor beside my bed.

However, every time this happens, I can't see anything. On my latest attempt, I kept shouting "Clarity now!" in my mind, and I willed myself to see, but with no luck.

On a previous attempt, I tried opening my eyes, but I ended up opening my physical body's eyes instead, causing me to move back to my physical body.

(The mind-split effect feels very interesting by the way, like being able to control two bodies at once.)

Not being able to see anything kind of frustrates me and causes me to give up once I'm out.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to gain my astral sight. Does anyone know why this happens?

Thank you.

obe4life

Just try to move away from your body, like few meters or so. keep moving even if it kept dark. Now, shout "mentally":clarity now! or I see now! but say it as if it's an order not just a wish. You should notice that the blackness is starting to fade out gradually like if it's a fog. Hope this helps.
Best wishes

Nameless

Before you attempt projection do you have a clear intent? If you have a goal stating it before hand and asking for help with that will help. If you are trying to project and that is your only goal that could account for your lack of sight.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

silverlight

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll do what you say and see what happens. I'm gonna do this no matter what!  :-D

lllClarkylll

Moving away from your body as much as possible helps but also one that I use is this.. put your astral hands upto your face as though you've got a balaclava on and peel it off your face with both hands.. sometimes you need to do it several times.

dpk38

I'm facing the exact same issue.
Sadly, I haven't come up with a solution yet! :(
The answer to all questions is earnest self enquiry, "Who am I?"

Nameless

Speaking only for myself, I have never understood why anyone would want to project into the RTZ. Perhaps if you make your intent to project in a 'scene' that is already being played out this problem of not being able to see might resolve itself.

What I'm saying is go to sleep and wake in the NP already fully integrated. Hope I'm not confusing anyone just saying there is no need to project into your room or even anywhere close to the vicinity of your body. Allow whatever is truly in control of this to do its thing instead of trying make it do your thing.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

EscapeVelocity

This a fairly common issue with early experiencers; it was for me as well when I reintroduced myself to the practice after a long layoff in my late twenties/early thirties.

There can be various reasons, one of which Nameless explained, and that has to do with Intent. Your understanding of the concept of Intent and how it is crucial to making progress with AP is something that will need to develop and evolve over time. Each time you make a "projection" attempt or go to sleep with the idea of having a LD/AP, you need to start by forming a coherent and concise message of Intent that you express/communicate to your subconscious/inner self/whatever. This is also an express communication to whatever outside "guidance" may be available to you.

The simplest example of this is telling yourself every night to remember your dreams.

Another and possibly more common reason for NPR blindness is overcome simply with a few more experiences and the problem seems to solve itself. Your ability to "see" in the NPR is a new skill and an ability that has to develop over time. Keep in mind that you are not using your physical eyes. But since that is your only frame of reference up to this point, you haven't yet figured out how or what NPR sense you need to activate. You are actually using a new part of your mind, maybe the part that makes you think you are "seeing" when you dream...
These new, undeveloped NPR senses also relate to how you move, how you feel objects, whether you can smell or taste or hear or talk...those are all Physical Reality concepts. Your new NPR senses will gradually develop and get you the information but initially your PR-based mind is going to twist itself into various pretzel shapes as you try to convert this information into something that feels like it is coming through the usual PR-based 5 senses.

The real fun begins when you start opening up to the new NPR sensory concepts available to you, like 360 degree vision or simultaneous multiple perspective...

So "clarity now!" or "vision now!" shows good situational awareness actually and works for some (it didn't for me either the first two times :-P) or a modification of your pre-induction mission statement (your Intent) as Nameless suggested, may help. Either way, I think with a few more successful exits you will find things should "clear up" for you. :-D
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde