OBE failing for you?

Previous topic - Next topic

newbegginings

I know the frustration of failed obe attempts and would like to guide anyone who can not achieve this goal yet personally, i would like to help more people and help them discover the thrill of an OBE.

Lionheart

Quote from: newbegginings on September 11, 2012, 03:01:14
I know the frustration of failed obe attempts and would like to guide anyone who can not achieve this goal yet personally, i would like to help more people and help them discover the thrill of an OBE.
Hello and Welcome to the Astral Pulse. You definitely came to the right site to do just that!  :-)

Astralsuzy

That is very nice of you wanting to help other people.

desert-rat

I have been trying for around 25 years , so there are many people in that same boat .  desert rat 

Simo

i am getting really frustrated lately...All that time I am trying differeent techniques and still no success..all of my obes were accidental,while taking a nap... :|
Who am I is not important...My message is...

Lionheart

Quote from: Simo on September 11, 2012, 14:28:00
i am getting really frustrated lately...All that time I am trying differeent techniques and still no success..all of my obes were accidental,while taking a nap... :|
Then try taking more naps. There are a number of authors on Astral Projection that advocate taking a nap!  :-)
Once you become proficient with AP through napping, you can move on to doing it through meditation or just pure focused intent.
Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)

Astralsuzy

It is not the technique that is failing you.  Everyone talks about it is the ap technique that is wrong so they try another technique and another.  It keeps going on and on.  They get frustrated and sometimes people give up.  It is not the technique.  When your mind and body is right any technique will work.  I would advise to choose only one technique and stay with it.  You have to notice your body and mind how it feels.  If you do not notice it you will likely fall asleep. 

Astralsuzy

To ap your mind has to be relaxed.  You can ap and your mind is not relaxed but it is a lot harder to do.  I listen to a CD to help my mind relax.  It is the sounds of rain, wind and thunder.  I do not ap from it but it helps a lot to get my mind relaxed.  When the CD is finished I wait.  I get into a bit more comfortable position and then I will relax my whole body all at once.  That usually does it.  I can do an ap technique to get out.  I would advise not to listen to something that is too relaxing as it may put you to sleep.  I listened to something very relaxing and I fell asleep.

Lionheart

Quote from: Astralsuzy on September 11, 2012, 17:10:02
To ap your mind has to be relaxed.  You can ap and your mind is not relaxed but it is a lot harder to do.  I listen to a CD to help my mind relax.  It is the sounds of rain, wind and thunder.  I do not ap from it but it helps a lot to get my mind relaxed.  When the CD is finished I wait.  I get into a bit more comfortable position and then I will relax my whole body all at once.  That usually does it.  I can do an ap technique to get out.  I would advise not to listen to something that is too relaxing as it may put you to sleep.  I listened to something very relaxing and I fell asleep.
I use Binaural Beats/Isochronic tones in the same way. I lie down or sit down, turn on the Mp3, then when it's over I Phase. Sometime after 2 or 3 minutes I feel ready and just turn off the Mp3 and Phase. With my Laxman though, I normally Phase right through the program, then afterwards I Phase again. It pretty well initiates the Phase sequence a couple of minutes in. It's the one time that I can actually see my body lying in it's correct position, right through the lights and sounds.

Szaxx

Hi,
@ New beginnings,
Great idea, let us all know whats in your 'portfolio' so to speak. Im sure everybody here is very interested.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

roman67

I like that everyone is willing to help others who are beginners. That's really nice.

Astralsuzy

That is interesting Lionheart, you do the same way as I do.  How often would you ap?  Would it be every day?  For the last few mornings I have been practicing and I feel happy because I do not feel tired.  That means I should be able to practice every morning if I want to.  I am hoping the more practice I get, the better I will get.  Are you getting a lot better with ap experiences?

Lionheart

Quote from: Astralsuzy on September 12, 2012, 02:56:31
That is interesting Lionheart, you do the same way as I do.  How often would you ap?  Would it be every day?  For the last few mornings I have been practicing and I feel happy because I do not feel tired.  That means I should be able to practice every morning if I want to.  I am hoping the more practice I get, the better I will get.  Are you getting a lot better with ap experiences?
I normally Phase everyday, but during the last 3 weeks most of my NPR related experiences have been in Lucid Dreams. I just finished 12 grueling 16 hour days as a Merchant at the Minnesota State Fair. One week before the Fair was for prep and 1 week after teardown. Now I am very slowly recuperating. Lately my Phase sessions have helped me see some new products that I wish to market soon, but for the most part have been in the 3D darkness/greyness. This could be because I need to rest and heal before continuing on my path. I questioned this yesterday in a Phase session and that is exactly what I was told. You will see you will go through different periods where you don't always have a adventure in the NPR. Instead you may just kind of hit periods where you just sit in the 3D darkness/greyness and ponder. Sometimes this is more beneficial then a full blown AP.  :-)

Astralsuzy

Perhaps you could try this when you see greylish/darkness.  When I see darkness, I say, I can see and I keep saying it until I can see well.  I am able to see landscapes how they it would look when you physically see it.

Astralsuzy

desert-rat that is amazing that you have tried to ap for 25 years without success.  If that was me, I would have got desperate.  I would have stayed up all night until I ap.  Do not listen to me, a lot of people probably would think I was silly.  Perhaps I am.  I have stayed up all night when I have not ap for a while.  I do not seem to have to do that anymore.

zareste

Quote from: Astralsuzy on September 12, 2012, 03:59:35
desert-rat that is amazing that you have tried to ap for 25 years without success.  If that was me, I would have got desperate.  I would have stayed up all night until I ap.
I've been trying for almost 20 years. Tried staying up all night quite a few times.
It turns out the ability is genetic. A bunch of biological systems have to function correctly to produce an astral projection, and some people are just born with it. Most would like to think that their ability to project is a skill and they're self-made but that's really not the case.

Astralsuzy

You are amazing as well.  Wow, 20 years of trying.  You deserve to ap as you never gave up.  I want you to be able to ap.  I do not believe it is genetic or you are different to anyone else.  I am not born with it, far from it.  I have to work at it to make it happen.  You may not realise but you probably were in a position to ap.  I have found a number of times that I could ap.  I got no indication or signal that I could ap.  All I had to do was an ap technique.  I found that out by accident.  If you were up all night, you have a high chance to ap.  I did not lie down all night and morning, I think that is a mistake.  I would get up and do something for a while then I would try again.  If you are lying down for a long time you are likely to get sore from lying down or frustrated.  You have to have a positive mind that you will succeed.  At the moment you are saying I am not able to do it.  Success happens when you are confident and know you can do it.  I would advise you to say, during the day and night when you can, I can ap and keep repeating it.  It will get into your mind that you can ap and you will start to find ap is getting easier.

zareste

I've spent all this time studying the physics of it, and I can say you are certainly born with it or not born with it. The act of astral projection relies on a set of biological systems that interact with plasmic fields to produce a nearly mass-free secondary body. Like any biological system, its efficiency varies from person to person, and the Western working class has all but phased it out, leaving people mostly locked in the physical except for a number of family lines that can still do it.

So while it can take practice, you have to have the necessary systems to do it in the first place. If you can then you're privileged.

For the rest of us, astral projection would require aid such as machinery or drugs.

Astralsuzy

I wish I could convince you that anyone can ap.  There are many times that I could not ap.  I kept trying and thinking everyday what can I do to make it work.  The books did not help me to ap.  I never gave up.  I have never studied ap.  I do not think it is necessary.  I think anything that sounds complicated should be avoided as ap is not supposed to be complicated.  Just my opinion.  Book writers are not always correct on this subject.  I think they are learners like we are.  Some have had more experience but they are still learners.  They have the ability to write a book.  I like reading ap books.  I get good ideas but I do not take everything they say is true. 

NoY

Zareste do you have a good imagination?
can you imagine yourself out of body?

:NoY:

Astralsuzy

zareste you are not aware of it but you ap every night.  As you ap every night you can consciously ap regardless of what any book says.

zareste

At night you're changing your body's tuning and going to other places, which is similar to an AP but not as well-controlled. Some people don't even have dreams. Again certain systems have to be active and coherent for this to work, and you don't make these systems active by wishing.

Quote from: Astralsuzy on September 12, 2012, 08:25:33I wish I could convince you that anyone can ap.  There are many times that I could not ap.
I think you're arguing against something I didn't say.

Quote from: NoY on September 12, 2012, 08:34:15Zareste do you have a good imagination?
can you imagine yourself out of body?
theoretically yeah

Astralsuzy

Ok zareste you did not exactly say anyone can or cannot ap but I was referring to you.  You think you cannot ap.