OBE Life Review and the Meaning of Life

Previous topic - Next topic

DriftingConscience

I am going to say no more, except that I have just touched on this topic here. Within the post is a link to a must read.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_spiritual_evolution/meaning_of_life_and_the_life_review-t26888.0.html

Love to hear from anyone who has had a life review whilst out of body, and their thoughts on the process.
Virtuous Akashic Evangelist

DriftingConscience

Further to this the atemporal characteristics of the life review for me most certainly indicate instantaneous retrieval and then transmissions/projections from the Akashic Library.

The atemporal characteristics for me is absolutely fascinating aswell as the proposect of the panoramic holographic projection of your life.

Mindblowingingly awesome stuff!

Is it just me or does anyone else show the same intense level of wonder and awe of this life review topic.

Lysear

I have heard it said that the life panorama is reviewed at a certain speed. That speed being that it takes the soul one third of their earthly lifetime to to review their entire life. basically this is the time it takes the etheric body to disperse into the world ether, because, although it is the astral body that provides us with conciousness, it is the etheric body that provides the abiltiy to percieve things pictorially.

DriftingConscience

I thought the speed was instantaneous
ie atemporal
ie outside of our notion of time

iNNERvOYAGER

Quote from: DriftingConscience on October 14, 2007, 17:55:29
I thought the speed was instantaneous
ie atemporal
ie outside of our notion of time
Is this in you're experience?, or rather, was it instantaneous for you?

I wouldn't want it to last longer than instantaneous.

When I read that you have to watch you life playback at 3 times speed, I was not happy at all. In a way, it's an incentive to have a short life to spare us the additional insult to injury in having to relive it again even if it's at 3x speed.

I like the instantaneous concept. Then I can say, "OK, I was an idiot, made lots of mistakes, did stupid things. Ah, can we move on now please?" Then when that's over with as quickly as possible, then I would ask to please be instructed in being good, then go off to explore the universes.

This leads me to the subject of "retrievals":

How's this for concept, ask some of these Retrieval volunteers to retrieve souls from Earth?

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but Earth is sort of like a hell world. In fact the consensus is that it's a mixture of heaven and hell, about half and half, a duality.

But half heaven doesn't cut it in my book. So, Please! oh exalted angelic selfless lovers of humanity, Please retrieve me from this.

Sorry, I'm being selfish, I take that back, Please start retrieving as many other souls as you can, starting with the most tortured ones first. I'll just get in line please.

Awakened_Mind

I really think the 'meaning' of life is too overwhelming for us to verbalise into words.

-AM
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.

Stookie

I had an experience once where my entire life from birth until present was "displayed" in front of me. It wasn't like a picture or film reel, it WAS my actual, physical life. This perception took place outside of time so it was a single experience, not "shown" to me through increments. It's near impossible to describe the reality of it.

Gandalf

'Life reviews' appear to be very common events in near death experiences. I make the distinction here between 'near death experiences' and astral projections, because the accounts we have seem to suggest that NDEs are a LOT more lucid than most 'average obes'. In fact awareness is often cited as being *higher* than normal waking life, not just the same.

In phasing terms, I would explain this as a short term *primary focus* switch from F1 level awareness to F3 level awareness, which is much more solid than most obes: your average OBE/Astral projection/phasing attempt only involves a temporay focus of attention in other areas but the primary focus is still set to F1. Your *primary focus* only switches to F3 when you end your physical life here.

The life reviews can often involve the participation of another being, usually perceived as a ball of golden light and emanating what we perceive as unconditional love. However these beings are often said to have distinct personalities, even a sense of humour in some cases. They go through the life review with you, sometimes making comments here and there and pointing out things. The life reviews often highlight how our actions affect others and the reviewee is often given the chance to experience the emotional impact of these actions and how they are perceived by the other person.

'Life After Life' is a classic book which features many such near death experiences.

My guess is that the balls of light are guides, ie people living in the afterlife (F3/F27 in focus terms) who are assigned to assist you. In their raw state, that is when they have not adopted their favourite human form, then they often appear as balls of sparkly light. They radiate a kind of loving energy which can provoke waves of emotion in you if you encounter them.

It should be pointed out that 'Life after life' also features some life review accounts which do not have a 'guide' associated with them, in their case, the review is only experienced by the individual concerned.

"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

DriftingConscience

Agreed, instantaneous and atemporal is how it should be, I mean who would want to relive the entireity outside an instanton. That would be emotionally very painful otherwise!

Does this "Life Review" have a dependency on "The Silver Cord" for connectivity whilst in NDE?

I have heard that severence of the cord is the transition from NDE to death, but cannot support this statement.

Unless someone can disprove this by saying they have survived severence of "The Silver Chord", I find this connectivity concept very intriguing as it could be the wormhole to the higher dimension. Anyone got any resources that expand on this?

DriftingConscience

Looks like I posted a difficult question.

ie you cannot possibly answer it if you have severed your Silver Cord. ie you wpould be dead, right?

Ok, hypothetically...
What would one expect to experience if they had their Silver Cord severed during an astral travel?

Any thoughts? Chronologically or Atemporal?

Awakened_Mind

Probably death.

However, not every sees there silver cord and notions in quantum physics such as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alain_Aspect would really eradicate the need for a connective feature of the astral and physical bodies in the first place.

-AM
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.