OBE or Sleep Paralysis?

Previous topic - Next topic

AntiDash

Hi, I'm new around here and thought I'd share my stories of OBE and get some opinions on rather they are real or just dreams. I've been getting lucid dreams/sleep paralysis for along time, and have discovered a way to wake myself up. I always had the ability to move around on my bed and try to snap out of it, but then I started reaching around for a cold glass of water (I recently realized even if there is no water in my real room I can still grab it.) and pour it on my head, which feels completely real and usually wakes me up. I usually get bizzare head pains and feelings during the episodes, sometimes see strange things, the usual SP stuff. But when I finally gain the ability to get out of my bed, I usually have a hard time seeing. I almost feel blind, or partly blind. Sometimes I'm able to slowly begin to see and other times I can still sense where everything is in my room but can't see at all.

The first time I remember a possible OBE happening I flew at my wall, kicked at it a few times, flipped onto my floor and hit my head, which hurt. I then woke back up in my bed like nothing happened.

Many times I fall out of my bed, blind and barely able to hold myself up. Sometimes I talk to people from real life in these OBE dreams.

Another time I actually floated over my bed and starting rotating and spinning around.

Another time I climbed out of bed and walked to my laptop, thinking I had actually woken up. My legs felt incredibly weak and tremply, so I searched it on my laptop to see what was wrong. I then looked around my room to realize all my things were not in their proper spots. Then the lights started going off and wouldn't turn back on. I ended up going upstairs in my house, and everything was pitch black. I heard screaming so I woke up.

And finally the latest time it happened, for some reason in a dream I took nerve gas, which made my head feel very messed up. I was put into a SP episode and my cheeks felt like they were on fire. Reaching around for the magical glass of water, I manage to leave my body trying to fly through the wall, but I just couldn't do it. I ended up getting up and feeding my fish of all things, who seemed pretty mad for some reason. Then I wake up again in my bed but I'm still in the OBE, I feed my fish AGAIN for some reason and then I start seeing other fish I don't even own. The OBE falls back into a regular dream at this point.

So do you guys think it's just a dream or am I actually having OBE's? I also have to say when it happens it feels very real/physical unlike dreams.

ArmyOfOne1911

Try getting a little ways a way from your body then your sight will maybe get a little better. This is a fairly common phenomena and in my very first OBE I tried to get close to my physical body while I was sleeping to see what I looked like. My vision got really funny, and then remembered what a guy named Robert Bruce said. To walk away from your body. For some reason when you get close to your physical body when in an OBE, your vision does get really foggy and blurry.

You also mentioned you can feel pain in your OBE's :-o I remember I did feel very physical like. I think because this was most comfortable for me. I remember me rolling out of my body though... I was super aware. I landed on the floor and I heard a really loud THUNK. Got up... looked at my hands and smiled. They looked like they were melting. I knew I achieved it then, and THAT was a super amazing moment in my life. I didn't feel the ground when I hit it though! I never really felt pain. Just joy, and happiness. In fact I don't even remember me having anxiety or touretts while out of body. It's like it never even existed.

ArmyOfOne1911

I do think that you definitely experienced an OBE though. Mine went from an OBE to a dream as well. Gotta keep that focus. I also got the headache too when I "woke up"

Congrats  :-D

-Cody