OBE Problem

Previous topic - Next topic

The Night Mist

Hello!
I have been practicing OBE for about a year and a half(almost) but I can't do it...I have had some close calls with OBE's from Lucid Dreams but about 3-4 where I felt the vibes and all,but LD-ing isn't one of my talents unfortunately.
So the problem is that I cannot stay conscious while my body falls asleep...it is sooo hard I feel very tired and I just can't do it...I have other abilities like VERY strong visualization, I sometimes scare myself at night because of this(not that I mind that :) ) and I can work well with energy BUT I have a major problem, Keeping my mind clear...I think it is because of this that I fall to sleep but still...what do you think?...what can I do about it?

Thanks

fost500

Hi Night Mist,
I am in the same boat as you, i just keep falling asleep, but when i read your post an idea came to me which i think might work. Ok, here it is.
Set a timer to beep every 3-5minutes, for half an hour or however long it takes you to fall asleep.
Then just go to bed like usual, lie still and go to sleep as you normally would. This way, you might start fallin asleep, but HOPEFULLY the beeps will bring your concious back to the surface and HOPEFULLY, when you are alerted by one of the beeps, you might find your body is asleep.
Im gonna give this a try tonight, so i hope it works :D
Death is only tragic for those who get left behind

kmD

Keep practicing!
Make sure youre storing enough energy!
Eliminate distractions!
Work on self-assurance to battle fears!

In other words, just stay on the path you are on. Dont get desperate or irritated as this will just prolong things, IMHO. Stay positive and light, and be thankful that we have the time and the good mind to be able to relax and explore!

The Night Mist

Yeah I guess that's true kmD ...

fost500: Hey that's a good idea. Also I often do this...lie on the bed with my elbow resting on the bed and with the rest of my hand in the air, if you start to fall asleep you get woken up by your hand falling, of course this is just for practice but it is useful(Read it in Astral Dynamics, and it really does work, I tried it)
And the idea with the beeper sounds real cool, also this idea came in my mind while reading your post lol. Set the clock to ring 3-4 hours before you wake up and then start to practice for OBE and usually you'll dream you are trying to have one, and sometimes you get Lucid and can really try. I've had this happened a couple of times and it was pretty cool.

Agntneo

Hmm very interesting. I had an OBE yesterday.. I had my elbow resting on the bed, both my arms in the air and everytime they fell down I woke up. I did this for like 30-40 mins.

While doing this I counted my breaths which kept my mind clear.
:) After 30-40 mins with the arm thingy I put them under my blanket and
started to count my breaths again..

I did this for another 30-40 mins.. I started to get very bored and tired of this because I felt like I had split but I was afraid of going out because I didn't want to be let down so I kept on doing it for a while until I suddenly found myself floating.
People Can Fly

mikeman

Hey guys,

I think there is another good way of approaching LD-ing. I have had the most success from learning to train the subconscious mind to alert the conscious mind when you are dreaming.

By doing this, your conscious mind wakes up during the dream. Because the body is still asleep, this puts you in the perfect state for LD.

Robert Bruce gives a number of methods for how to achieve this. The one that works best for me is using reality checks during the day when you are awake. Train yourself to regularly check your surroundings. Ask yourself such questions as:

Am I awake?
Am I dreaming?
Do my surroundings seem real?
Are they the same as I am used to?
etc.....

When this becomes a normal part of your day, you will find that it happens in your dreams as well, allowing you to ID when you  are dreaming!

Give it a shot, hope it works for you.

Mike.

The Night Mist

hmm...I hate reality checks(no offense :) )
They don't really work for me so well, and it's hard to check every 10 minutes if you're dreaming, there has to be another way...
hmmmmm  :cry:

ralphm

Night mist, have you researched phasing? Maybe if you have strong visualizing abilities you could use phasing techniques. Unfortunately I can't help much since I have not so good visualizing.
In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

The Night Mist

Oh yeah...I have many things that don't work well but visualization is something I really have...Like I said, if it's dark I can scare myself of the things I can imagine(visualize) :P ...

I thought that phasing was the ability to walk through walls in the astral...
Could you perhaps enlighten me on what you meant by that?
Thanks a lot!

The Night Mist

Sorry for double posting but I still didn't get any answers for what phasing means... :(

Frank

TNM:

Just a thought, have you tried it the other way around, that is, trying it while you are coming awake? Try coming awake very slowly and practising early morning instead of at night. Personally, I find it much easier this way around.

Yours,
Frank

G3MM4

QuoteSorry for double posting but I still didn't get any answers for what phasing means...

Well it's hard to explain really... EOL007 please help! LOL.

I'll do my best to explain... it's a way of LDing or OBEing without going through the usual ways of projecting... i.e. vibes etc. (At least in my experience that is...). I usually phase through my dreams or as I'm falling asleep.

Please someone, correct my rubbish explanation.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience. - Dr. Wayne  W. Dyer

Please visit Astral Planet.

Eol007

Hi,

Phasing is not really my field!

However I would recommend review of the threads in 'Welcome to Permanent Astral Topics!' - try 'Phasing methods' started by Adrian see: -

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5685

Best,

Stephen

Faceless

Try meditating in a chair with no head support. If you fall asleep your head will fall and wake you up so you can continue. That's my prefered method.