OBE vs Sleep apnea

Previous topic - Next topic

clandestino

Hello there, "the bard" ! welcome to the forum.

Can you tell us more about the "sleep apnea"...I've never heard of this before. ?

kind regards,
Mark
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

The Bard

Sleep apnea is a sleep disorder where a person stops breathing while they are sleeping. It has killed people before for example; Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead band died from it.

Sleep apnea prevents REM sleep. I couldn't understand why I had no energy. I'd fall asleep in mid conversation sometimes. I'd scare people by falling asleep suddenly no matter where I was and quite often I'd be sitting up. I had no energy and quit remembering my dreams as much because I wasn't dreaming much. Other times I wouldn't sleep for days. I still have problems with insomnia.

When I did the sleep study last month I quit breathing 246 times that night. It turned out mine is very severe and now I have to sleep with a mask hooked to a machine that pumps air into my lungs as I sleep. Now I remember dreams again and I have a lot more energy.

These past few years I have been taken farther places astrally in my sleep. Sometimes I remember and others I don't. The time I went near Jupiter I felt so electrical that I couldn't sleep for two days. A couple of weeks ago I fell asleep on my back and I was using my cpap machine and I still quit breathing in my sleep. I saw death and knew I was dead. My spirit guide said, "Oh my God!" and grabbed me and threw me back into my body. I woke up with a jolt tearing the cpap machine off and gasping for air saying, "Oh my God!" It scared the heck out of my husband. My whole body felt shaky.

holy reality

Sleep apnea PREVENTS REM sleep?

I figured it was the other way around.. especially since you projected so much and the prime time for that to occur is probably during REM.

But... I've been meaning to go to a sleep center for some time now, I figure there is something wrong with me given my low energy levels and how much I wake up.

And that I can't stay asleep for >3 hours at a time usually.

Hmm... I have only ever noticed not breathing when I sleep on my back though, which I don't do anymore.
!..............!

The Bard

I think when you are trying to astral project you need REM sleep. I don't really feel comfortable leaving my body so I don't try to AP. I have an astral lover who takes me places. I barely get to sleep before I can feel him pulling me out of my body.[:I] Actually it was reading an article by Mr. Bruce about astral sex that drew me here. Now I'll have to check out his books but not until after I financially recuperate from Christmas.

myelin

Hi

I just discovered this post. I too have Sleep Apnea and use a CPA (at least try to). Its funny, cause I've been wondering how loss of REM sleep effects the ability to project too.   Heres a question more to do with health. I find that when I havent slept properly for several days, due to having a stuffy nose which prevents the use of the CPAP, or if it falls off during the night, I go through phases of having heart palpatations off and on accompanied by fatigue and mental fogginess, Do you everhave these same symptoms?

Thanks!

Kinjari

This was a big problem for me years ago when I first tried meditation for the purpose of lucid dreaming. I had never heard of OBE's at that time and I had a particulary nasty experience where I stopped breathing for longer then was healthy. I wont go into all the details but it spooked me pretty bad and I quit the practice all together (which involved lying on ones back). In this case Im quite sure I saw Death...not as an entity per say but rather as a portal. The entire cealing above me looked like it was under water except for a very smooth perfect circle like a black mirror, pressing down on me, growing larger as it descended but thats another story.

Just a few weeks ago I experienced my first steps towards and exit and learned about OBEs just since then. When it happened I was lying on my side (which is how I have to sleep to avoid apnea).

I do all my practice lying down on my side now (this actually is very well suited to the 'rolling' technique to exit).

I think I need to begin to practice a 'waking' meditation during daylight hours to progress, however I make sure I am in a sitting position when I do this. Lying on my back is very dangerous for me with any meditation or sleep.

The Bard

quote:
Originally posted by myelin

Hi

I just discovered this post. I too have Sleep Apnea and use a CPA (at least try to). Its funny, cause I've been wondering how loss of REM sleep effects the ability to project too.   Heres a question more to do with health. I find that when I havent slept properly for several days, due to having a stuffy nose which prevents the use of the CPAP, or if it falls off during the night, I go through phases of having heart palpatations off and on accompanied by fatigue and mental fogginess, Do you everhave these same symptoms?

Thanks!

Yes I do get those syptoms when I don't use my cpap but I also get headaches.

quote:
Originally posted by Kinjari
This was a big problem for me years ago when I first tried meditation for the purpose of lucid dreaming. I had never heard of OBE's at that time and I had a particulary nasty experience where I stopped breathing for longer then was healthy. I wont go into all the details but it spooked me pretty bad and I quit the practice all together (which involved lying on ones back). In this case Im quite sure I saw Death...not as an entity per say but rather as a portal. The entire cealing above me looked like it was under water except for a very smooth perfect circle like a black mirror, pressing down on me, growing larger as it descended but thats another story.

I have had a similar experience just recently and I also saw death.

The Bard

Hi[:)] I'm new here and I have to admit I've yet to read Mr. Bruces books. I only discovered something he wrote on the net today, which lured me here.

I'm an artist, musician, wife, and mother who has experienced a lot from the astral world but I never have been able to astral project by will. It happens in my sleep quite often since childhood. I have my share of astral friendlies who take me places sometimes.

I've had sleep apnea for several years now and part of me wonders if the astral travel in my sleep has caused this? When I went through a sleep study I found out the sleep apnea is quite severe and I depend on a cpap machine for breathing.

I have always felt safe in the astral world and with the astral beings who tend to linger in my life. The sleep apnea on the other hand has made me question the safety.