OBEs do not work!

Previous topic - Next topic

MaDroX

mactombs

There are several ways to look at this. Personally, I think belief is worthless. There's no need to believe in OBEs. If they are real, and everyone is capable of them as most claim, then they will prove themselves to you if you are interested enough. The key is if you are interested enough. Two years would suggest you are.

On the other hand, you could reconcile your feelings about OBEs. You could side with medical dictionaries and most doctors, and come to the conclusion that OBEs are really just hallucinations (they wouldn't be hallucinations if they didn't seem absolutely real). Nobody fully understands the brain, and science would in virtually all cases agree that the physical brain is perfectly capable of manufacturing OBEs. Then you could happily go on your way without any longer needing to be a part of the elite few who claim to have OBEs (whom then would be merely delusional or flat-out frauds).

Then there is another option. You can relax, forget about desperately needing to have an OBE like you have a deadline, just maintain interest, maintain practice, and objectively just let yourself experience what happens without expectations. After your experiences, you can record them and do the analyzing. You can enjoy what you have when you have it. This isn't easy to do if you're impatient, but the key to remaining lucid and in control of concious OBEs is self-control, discipline, and if you want to enter an OBE through a trance state, the same is needed to keep from simply falling asleep.

Are OBEs real? Not until you've experienced one.

This probably isn't the most encouraging post, but I'm not going to beat around the bush. Few succeed at OBEs. Challenges are difficult because the reward is worth the effort - not only that, but the journey is also worth the effort. Maybe you should ask yourself if your two year's worth of trying hasn't been rewarding in itself. If it hasn't, is an OBE worth trying for? You could just decide that if OBEs are real, you'll find out at the end of your life.
A certain degree of neurosis is of inestimable value as a drive, especially to a psychologist - Sigmund Freud

Blissful

quote:

Then there is another option. You can relax, forget about desperately needing to have an OBE like you have a deadline, just maintain interest, maintain practice, and objectively just let yourself experience what happens without expectations.
Are OBEs real? Not until you've experienced one.

the journey is also worth the effort.

You could just decide that if OBEs are real, you'll find out at the end of your life.

Wow.. such strong and moving statements...  My advice would be to piggy-back off what you said about the journey.  TRY TO ENJOY THE JOURNEY!  If you have been trying for two years then I am going to assume that you must know EVERYTHING about OBE's and have read almost everything published with regards to the topic then, right?  If not, maybe you are being blocked for a reason.

Blissful

dkj400

quote:
If not, maybe you are being blocked for a reason.

True true. Sometimes your just not ready to project. Don't give up though, one day permission will be granted.

Kazbadan

HI! I never obed but i am trying a method (that i try only at weekends: need sleep during the worl week) that i think it iwill bring some results: sleep paralysis(SP).

SP is something that everyobody have every night but only sometimes you will notice (it is very rare.

After a bad night of sleep (i mean: everynight, since i have insomnias all the time, by the morning i just stay awake in the bed (very tired of course) for some time (1 hour). After that, finally i will get some sleep but, for some reason it will be a diferent sleep (i think that it is because i am so tired that i will enter almost imediatly in a diferent sleep stage): my mind will start to sleep almost in a instant but i must be aware (not so aware that will blow up evrything) in order to awake after a few seconds.

In that time i will have SP. After that it is easy to go (i never obed but for 2 or 3 times i could have done it...fear was the obstacle...so easy believe me, and the vib sensation it is very good, very warm and pacific, althought you may be hearing loudy noises).

Good luck....for both uf us!![:)]
I love you!

Risu no Kairu

Try some of those.. uh... what are they called? N-Sync tapes or whatever that get yoru brainwaves crazy.
I need a signature that isn't stupid. :/

techno_fantasyix

Lmao!Risu [:X]
   N'sync tapes. I don't think N'sync encourages anything but projectile vomiting for everyone except preteen girls.
   I think I was able to OBE once as a child. I was dreaming, and woke up, and it seemed like I was looking down over my body, hovering about 6 ft over it.
   Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do so since. My head gets light, I spin, and I feel like i'm about to leave, but something keeps me back. What's going on?

clandestino

quote:
There are several ways to look at this. Personally, I think belief is worthless. There's no need to believe in OBEs. If they are real, and everyone is capable of them as most claim, then they will prove themselves to you if you are interested enough. The key is if you are interested enough. Two years would suggest you are.

Whilst for me, I think the ability to have an OBE is a function of your willingness to believe !

But like mactombs says, it won't be real until you experience it.
regards,
Mark
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

eddie055

Sorry guys but I have been trying for an OBE for the last 2 years and have followed Robert's book "Astral Dynamics" to the letter but stil no OBE. I'm beginning to think the whole thing is a fake.

Can anyone help me!!!!!