ok i see Achiving obe is too hard...

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Are you going to stay here on the forums to talk with the rest of us?

It isn't that astral projection involves learning something difficult. The challenge is in unlearning whatever has made it seem difficult. This is the process I am working on. It was the same way with energy and that suddenly made sense a few years ago. The process of unlearning has continued and now my energy work is much better. It will be the same way with astral projection.

Jeff_Mash

quote:
Originally posted by dani:
OBE takes alot of time to achive and i dont have alot of time So for now im Quiting Obe !
im Moving to Lucid Dreams much more easy to achive

Dani...

Best of luck, man.....but just remember that these things don't come overnight.  I notice that you've only been posting on this board for 9 days, and from what I've seen, most of your posts have expressed some air of frustration and impatience.  This is something that you'll need to work on, or else you'll quickly become discouraged and you won't recognize the progress that you're making.

Everything starts in the mind.  If you doubt yourself in thought, then your actions will mimic that example.

Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
MyJokeMail.com - Jokes and Humor
http://myjokemail.com
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com

Tracy

dani,

If you think you should try lucid dreaming, then give it a try. While  practicing your lucid dreaming skills, you are not totally giving up on OBEs. You are giving yourself another possible path to achieve OBEs.  Best of luck!   See you around on the forums!

Tracy

fredhedd

Lysear

Nerezza

I quit trying too. Then I had 5 lucid dreams in 7 days and one of those turned into an OBE. After that one OBE I quit trying for more obes and lucid dreams. Go figure.

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." St. Thomas Aquinas

Synapse

dont give up. iv only just staarted trying to have an OBE and its not really working but i have faith and i believe i will manage it some time.

#enry

Nerezza

Im sure you will synapse. I've lost all interest lately to try and ap. For me the funnest time was when I was just starting out.

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." St. Thomas Aquinas

Synapse

yeh im having a lot of fun. i am going to make sure i have an obe. im practising concentration exercises as well.

#

Frank

Hey, you guys, I spent over 5 years going around in circles before I made an inkling of progress. And when that was going on, over 20 years ago, there were no BBS's such as these you could count on for some good advice. We had to work it out all on our own. So think twice now about giving it up.

Yours,
Frank

Leviiathan

Well, Frank, I haven't gotten very much help for my situation. People can't seem to relate very well.

For me, I find that my tactile imaging for Rope is weak. I obviously do not have the focus because I do not have a solid feel for the rope, nor the solid dynamics of it set in my head. I think my problem is because I have no real experience climbing a rope, so my mind is attempting to establish a grasp of the ROPE from many different ways at once. My attempts to climb the ROPE often hold out on occassion for up to 5 seconds before my mind shifts its focus, and tactile imaging of the ROPE. The feel of the ROPE continuously changes, and hence, is an inconvenience to me. At times, I find my hands slip, and I experience I falling sensation like the ROPE sliding throuhg my hands and I'm falling. This is usually averted by me reasertting the focus half a second to a second after this begins to occur.

Any suggestions as to how I can develop a good, strong focus for the rope? concentration may not be a problem, but focus and tactile imaging specifically for the ROPE definitely are. How can I give it 100%, or even climb it successfully if I keep messing up this way?

Frank

I think you are taking it all a tad too literally.

It's not the actual act of climbing the rope that causes you to project. All you need is a little meta-physical imagery to keep your mind focused while your physical-body drifts off to sleep. And that's basically all there is to it: you keep your mind focused while allowing your physical body to go to sleep.

The way you keep your mind focused is to set it a little task. It just so happens that imagining climbing a rope has been effective for many people (including myself when I set out to learn how to project into the RT zone). But you could try any number of things. People have suggested climbing a ladder, or being in an elevator... there is no limit to what you can try.

So I would say that if imagining climbing a rope doesn't work for you, simply find something you can imagine that does work. You don't need to imagine in too much detail. In fact, the act of trying to imagine in too great a detail keeps you grounded in the Physical more than anything.

I have experimented with imagining all kinds of things. One of the best that works for me is imagining taking something apart and reconstructing it. I come from an engineering background so doing such a thing holds a particular resonance in my case.

Another one that I found particularly effective I formed from a idea about a classic children's toy. It's the one where you have a wooden base (well, these days it's usually plastic) with cutouts of basic shapes, i.e. square, triangle, circle, etc. The child has a bag of these shapes and they have to select the correct shape that matches the cutout. All you do is imagine doing that for 10 minutes or so and you should find your physical-body simply gets bored and drifts off to sleep.

As I say, in a nutshell, all Astral Projection involves is being able to allow your physical body to drift off to sleep while retaining your mental focus. The reason why this is SO darned tricky is because people are generally in the habit of being in the Physical when their mind is alert and focused.

If you observe yourself going to sleep you will notice that the further you drift off, the more your mental focus dissipates. In actuality, however, it's the other way around. In that you are drifting off deeper into sleep precisely because your mental focus is dissipating. If you arrest the progress of this dissipation, by focusing your mind again, you feel yourself come back to Physical. And that's the habit most people are into: allow mental focus to steadily dissipate - drift off to sleep... gather your mental focus and concentrate - come back to Physical.

That's why Astral Projection is a tricky mental balancing act to perform. Because you have got to gather your mental focus and concentrate, only you don't want to come back to Physical. Which is what you are currently in the habit of doing. So the question arises: how can a person still retain their mental focus and concentrate, yet not have the act of doing this keep them in the Physical?

The answer is to set the mind a little task. A task that, on the one hand, is not too complex, thus needing high levels of focus of the kind that keeps you bound to the Physical. But on the other hand, is not a task that's wishy-washy to the extent where it cannot resist the mind's tendency to dissipate its focus during the normal act of drifting off to sleep.

Yours,
Frank

Jeff_Mash

quote:
Originally posted by Frank:
If you observe yourself going to sleep you will notice that the further you drift off, the more your mental focus dissipates. In actuality, however, it's the other way around. In that you are drifting off deeper into sleep precisely because your mental focus is dissipating. If you arrest the progress of this dissipation, by focusing your mind again, you feel yourself come back to Physical. And that's the habit most people are into: allow mental focus to steadily dissipate - drift off to sleep... gather your mental focus and concentrate - come back to Physical.

Well said, my friend.  http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
MyJokeMail.com - Jokes and Humor
http://myjokemail.com
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com

Adrian

Greetings Frank!

That has to be the most concise and accurate summary of the requirements for Astra Projection I have ever seen! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0> And to think - some people write whole books on the subject!

Yes! It is sending the physical body to sleep while the mind remains focussed. Easier said than done for sure.

But when in this state, which I suppose is equivalent to F12 in Monroe speak, you have the choice of going for an OBE or phasing. I am now certain that phasing is the way to go. Monroe actually found this out for himself when he went from his complex methods of "reaching out for the vibrations" to phasing and focus levels. My research also indicate that the vast majority of Astral projection through the ages by all cultures is phasing not OBE which is a fairly modern concept.

Phasing gives you the reliability (ultimately), controllability and most of all memory, and that is as close to the holy grail of Astral projection you are likely to get.

Phasing involves the imagery focus discussed by Frank, but used in such a way as to create an Astral portal to travel through.

I also believe that phasing is the Astral projection as practiced through the ages, and OBE is a seperate, more recent practice.

Thanks again Frank - your posts are always so useful and well explained.

With best regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

dani

OBE takes alot of time to achive and i dont have alot of time So for now im Quiting Obe !
im Moving to Lucid Dreams much more easy to achive