Ok this is my probleme

Previous topic - Next topic

SiVA

Hi dani,

I don't want to discourage you, but I've been trying various techniques for a year now and have only projected once. You should take one technique, like the one you describe, and practice practice practice for a month or so. If it doesn't work, try another technique.

From what I've learned on this board, these are the general steps:

1. get your body asleep using whatever relaxation method, but keep your mind awake

2. Shift your awareness up to eye level or greater. (Look up and keep your awareness there, or cross your eyes on the bridge of your nose)

3. Imagine being someplace else other then your physical body (I think this is the step you need to work into your routine). I imagine myself standing against the corner of the room, or imagine myself taking a walk through my house (someplace familiar is important). This step is the one that should induce the vibrations.

4. Once vibrations start or whatever, use an exit technique like the rope.

Would some of the experts on here confirm the above?

Good luck dani and keep trying!

Jeff_Mash

quote:
Originally posted by dani:
This is what im doing when im trying to get into a trance please tell me what im doing worng.
ok im Liying in my bed then i close my eyes, im trying to relax my body
i start from my feet then i move to my head, then after i feel my body is relaxed i imegine im going down in a ladder then after few min i do the Rope
method
WHat am i doing worng ?
How should i feel when im doing the Rope method  ?

Hey Dani, let me ask you.......do you ever have problems going to sleep?  When you've had a long day and you just want to go to bed, do you ever toss and turn?  Most people have trouble falling asleep, and yet, people seem to think that getting into a trance state is completely different than this.

My advice to you is "don't try so hard!"  It sounds like you're trying to concentrate on too many things.  Just do some breath awareness techniques, and that's it.  Don't bite off more than you can chew.  With certain breathing awareness techniques, you will find that your body naturally begins to head towards the trance state.  Focusing on your breathing (as opposed to your physical body sensations) is smarter anyway.

There have been many posts recently regarding breathing techniques.  Do a simple search for them on this forum for more info......but  the bottom line is for you to not try so hard.  Only focus on one thing at that is all.

Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
MyJokeMail.com - Jokes and Humor
http://myjokemail.com
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com

Frank

Yes, Jeff, that's good advice. There was a time when it seemed like I was going to bed "armed" with all kinds of "techniques".

Problem is, concentrating attention on the physical body tends to keep you in the Physical more than anything. Thing is, Astral projection is an exercise of the mind, and projection comes about when you turn away from the Physical. As you do so, a void is created which is filled by the only alternative sense of awareness available... that being the Astral. Or at least the beginnings of the Astral. Then, one thing leads to another and suddenly you are projecting.

Okay, that's the theory and in practice it is a tricky mental balancing act to perform for most people. But, again, it's a MENTAL exercise, not a Physical one. So the key is to forget the Physical entirely. Often people say, "But I have difficulty relaxing my physical body." Okay, so how do you know your physical body is not relaxed?

Yours,
Frank

SiVA

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff_Mash:
There have been many posts recently regarding breathing techniques.  Do a simple search for them on this forum for more info......but  the bottom line is for you to not try so hard.  Only focus on one thing at that is all.

Too bad the search functionality of the site doesn't work. At least for me it doesn't...

I click the search link, next to Bookmarks, put in "breathing" in the "Search For" field, "Search Forum" is All Forums, "Search In" is entire message, "Archived Posts" is checked, "Search By Date" is Any Date, "Search By Member" is All Members.

but no results are returned. Searching for words like Astral and OBE don't even return anything..

I'm using IE 6.0.26

Thanks

SiVA

quote:
Originally posted by Frank:
Yes, Jeff, that's good advice. There was a time when it seemed like I was going to bed "armed" with all kinds of "techniques".

Problem is, concentrating attention on the physical body tends to keep you in the Physical more than anything.

Hi Frank,

You agreed with Jeffs advice to focus solely on breathing to get into a trance, but you say "concentrating attention on the physical body tends to keep you in the Physical more than anything"

This seems contradictory, but I'm thinking what you meant was to simply do the breathing exercises to get into a trance, then turn away awareness from the physical all together once the trance state is achieved. Is this correct?

Thanks again!

Windameir

Siva it sounds like your using the search feature correctly you might PM Adrian for some help with it. Good luck with the Trance work Just remember to be patient and don't give up.

Happy Travels
Windameir

wierdzly

quote:
WHat am i doing worng ?

Expecting to OOB as easily as turning a light switch? It will take at least a month to start getting anywhere, unless you are a person that often wakes up in the paralysis state.  

It sounds like your routine is good, but it needs a little time.

WEIRDZLY!

Frank

quote:
Originally posted by SiVA:

Hi Frank,

You agreed with Jeffs advice to focus solely on breathing to get into a trance, but you say "concentrating attention on the physical body tends to keep you in the Physical more than anything"

This seems contradictory, but I'm thinking what you meant was to simply do the breathing exercises to get into a trance, then turn away awareness from the physical all together once the trance state is achieved. Is this correct?

Thanks again!

I think you shouldn't take my response too literally. I was according with the generality of Jeff's post more than anything. Obviously, people will develop their "pet technique" of getting the process underway. Whether it be focusing on their breathing, or whatever.

Also, I've said a number of times before that I don't understand what people mean by trance-state. Trance, to me, is what a stage hypnotist puts a person under in order to get them to do silly things for the amusement of an audience. Then, one they've had their fun, the hypnotist clicks their fingers (or does whatever) and the person "snaps out of it" wondering what the heck happened.

The way I see it is basically thus:

There are two human sleep states... 1) mind adrift with no conscious control, and physical body asleep; and, 2) mind under conscious control, and physical body asleep.

State 2 is the projection state. And note that in either case the physical body is in the same state of sleep.

Some time ago the question arose in my mind of why, when you come to go to sleep in the ordinary way, do you simply lie back in a comfortable position and just drift off; but when you come to projection practice, where you also want the physical-body to go to sleep, do you start going through all kinds of bodily routines and techniques?

The only difference between the normal human-body sleep state and the projection state: is whether or not you have conscious control of the mind. Which is why I say projection is a *mental* exercise, not a physical one.

Yours,
Frank

KP

quote:

Expecting to OOB as easily as turning a light switch? It will take at least a month to start getting anywhere, unless you are a person that often wakes up in the paralysis state.  

I think it's a great idea to expect OBEs to occur quickly, this is exactly what I did when I first started practising and I projected after only 3 days.  Things seemed to get more difficult as I read about everyone's "techniques" and problems with OBEs.  
Limits and negative expectations are surely no help to newbie projectors.

KP

http://www.prawny.com

dani

This is what im doing when im trying to get into a trance please tell me what im doing worng.
ok im Liying in my bed then i close my eyes, im trying to relax my body
i start from my feet then i move to my head, then after i feel my body is relaxed i imegine im going down in a ladder then after few min i do the Rope
method
WHat am i doing worng ?
How should i feel when im doing the Rope method  ?