Oversouls and Parallel Realities

Previous topic - Next topic

ThaomasOfGrey

I feel like this topic covers both spiritual evolution and metaphysics in terms of sections but here we are:

Suppose that there is such a concept as the Oversoul; a core being that creates "soul fragments" to experience realities like this one with constrained knowledge. The idea is that any gains made in a fragment experience are assimilated to the Oversoul, perhaps on death or as a live feed, and there could be multiple concurrent fragments taking place.

Now consider the idea of parallel realities - forks in the timeline from this reality which explore alternative significant states for that reality system. For example, what if you decided to follow your dream as a rock star? That might be a parallel reality with a slightly different you, branched by the system intelligently in order to explore some useful information.

Now that the stage is set, how does one rectify these ideas into a consistent world view? If we are really experiencing parallel realities does each incarnation of us fall under the same Oversoul umbrella? We talk about past lives, but what about the entire multiplexed set of possible realities for that past life?

baro-san

Quote from: ThaomasOfGrey on August 16, 2017, 15:30:11
I feel like this topic covers both spiritual evolution and metaphysics in terms of sections but here we are:

Suppose that there is such a concept as the Oversoul; a core being that creates "soul fragments" to experience realities like this one with constrained knowledge. The idea is that any gains made in a fragment experience are assimilated to the Oversoul, perhaps on death or as a live feed, and there could be multiple concurrent fragments taking place.

Now consider the idea of parallel realities - forks in the timeline from this reality which explore alternative significant states for that reality system. For example, what if you decided to follow your dream as a rock star? That might be a parallel reality with a slightly different you, branched by the system intelligently in order to explore some useful information.

Now that the stage is set, how does one rectify these ideas into a consistent world view? If we are really experiencing parallel realities does each incarnation of us fall under the same Oversoul umbrella? We talk about past lives, but what about the entire multiplexed set of possible realities for that past life?

One thing seems sure: you aren't a rock star ...  :-)

The parallel universe model seems to have no overlap with the reincarnation / karma / soul development models. Trying all the possibilities, just because there is a Universe infinite on all its dimensions, seems a mind blowing waste.
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

EscapeVelocity

My current thinking mostly aligns with this Oversoul/Parallel Multiverse idea, however I don't think that the majority of us have the advancement necessary to reconcile the contradictions and inconsistencies into a workable worldview...which is also okay with me for now. A few have had brief glimpses of what may be parallel lives/timelines, but that only seems to beget more questions rather than answers.

I don't necessarily see irreconcilable issues with reincarnation/karma/soul development models; maybe our thinking needs to step a bit further away from strictly linear Physical Reality thinking. This has been a continuing necessity to expand my perspective throughout my own life and I don't see it stopping.

From the PR mental perspective it may seem a mind-blowing waste, but the opposite concept appears to dominate throughout the Universe, so maybe we are missing some essential bit.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Xanth

Quote from: baro-san on August 16, 2017, 19:29:30

The parallel universe model seems to have no overlap with the reincarnation / karma / soul development models. Trying all the possibilities, just because there is a Universe infinite on all its dimensions, seems a mind blowing waste.
Yeah, that point always threw things away for me.  The idea that each time a choice is to be made that all choices actually play out is a catastrophic failure.  It would have to be applied on a microscopic level... or even quantum level.  Anytime an atom changed positions a new reality is created for each possibility.  That's an absolutely ridiculous concept. 

Everything that happens in this reality points to a minimal approach to its design.

ingerul9

This helped me understand better the idea of time - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKsNraFxPwk - he also has written a book about it - The End of Time. It blew me away at the concepts presented. The youtube presentation is like a summary of the book but still gets the main idea.

Bloodshadow

this begs a even bigger question that this post made me thing of, don't worry its still on the topic of realities. Are we in this "present" moment even the original decision makers that  all these alternate and parallel realities even spawned off of, or are we just another one of or original selves parallels or alternate selves, playing out their untaken decisions, like what ever decision he/she doesn't make we are stuck with? or Maybe i'm just thinking too outside the box to which we don't know.

Xanth

Quote from: Bloodshadow on August 17, 2017, 13:05:31
this begs a even bigger question that this post made me thing of, don't worry its still on the topic of realities. Are we in this "present" moment even the original decision makers that  all these alternate and parallel realities even spawned off of, or are we just another one of or original selves parallels or alternate selves, playing out their untaken decisions, like what ever decision he/she doesn't make we are stuck with? or Maybe i'm just thinking too outside the box to which we don't know.
*assuming* this parallel reality thing is how reality worked (which I don't believe for a second it is)... YOU ARE YOU.  Regardless of what reality you're a part of, you are you. 
Does that make sense?  You are you.  The other you in a different parallel reality is that a different you.  Another you in yet another reality is yet another different you.  All separate.

Take the teleporter / copy example...
Someone creates a teleporter which doesn't really teleports you, it actually just copies you and then destroys the original.
Well, assume there's a problem and the "original" you isn't destroyed... who is the real you then?  The you who stepped on the teleporter?  Or the you who was copied? 
You're both IDENTICAL in every way, right down to the smallest part of you... you're both YOU.  You could discuss that one until the cows come home.  LOL

ThaomasOfGrey

Quote from: baro-san on August 16, 2017, 19:29:30

I don't follow your logic unfortunately. Why would trying all possibilities be a waste? Not trying all possibilities is an absolute guarantee of missed opportunity (waste)?

Quote from: Xanth on August 17, 2017, 08:01:50
Yeah, that point always threw things away for me.  The idea that each time a choice is to be made that all choices actually play out is a catastrophic failure.  It would have to be applied on a microscopic level... or even quantum level.  Anytime an atom changed positions a new reality is created for each possibility.  That's an absolutely ridiculous concept. 

Everything that happens in this reality points to a minimal approach to its design.

What you described probably is a ridiculous concept, but it isn't the concept I meant to describe in the OP. A more sensible hypothesis for the multiverse is that if we viewed our reality as a movie, for each "frame" of reality, we calculate a finite set of the most probable outcomes. Then using some kind of "hashing" algorithm we reduce the set to only those outcomes that are significantly different.

At this point you may repeat the forecast for a finite number of frames into the future and continue reducing the set until you have a practical number of, high probability to be significantly different, universes. Our initial set of trillions of possibilities may result in ten alternate universes that may be worth a true "clone" or branch in the multiverse.

The cost of performing the probable next state at a "quantum" level may not be high or even an issue. It is likely this very same mechanism is used to calculate what our next real frame is going to be like in actual reality. When viewed in this manner the computational complexity of calculating parallel realities isn't any different to the complexity of calculating one reality for a longer time span.

Nameless

Wow, deep. Maybe too deep for me. Seems like from the first moment someone mentioned alternate and parallel realities everyone has set out to prove it so. Personally and this is just me being me, I think if there are parallel realities then we likely created them ourselves by thinking about them so much.

I feel our existence is likely far more simple than we would want to believe.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Xanth

Quote from: ThaomasOfGrey on August 17, 2017, 17:39:19
What you described probably is a ridiculous concept, but it isn't the concept I meant to describe in the OP. A more sensible hypothesis for the multiverse is that if we viewed our reality as a movie, for each "frame" of reality, we calculate a finite set of the most probable outcomes. Then using some kind of "hashing" algorithm we reduce the set to only those outcomes that are significantly different.

At this point you may repeat the forecast for a finite number of frames into the future and continue reducing the set until you have a practical number of, high probability to be significantly different, universes. Our initial set of trillions of possibilities may result in ten alternate universes that may be worth a true "clone" or branch in the multiverse.

The cost of performing the probable next state at a "quantum" level may not be high or even an issue. It is likely this very same mechanism is used to calculate what our next real frame is going to be like in actual reality. When viewed in this manner the computational complexity of calculating parallel realities isn't any different to the complexity of calculating one reality for a longer time span.
I think I follow you.  Sort of a smaller version in order to save on memory? 
Kind of like recording every 10th bit instead of every bit in order to room? 

Selski

Quote from: ThaomasOfGrey
I don't follow your logic unfortunately. Why would trying all possibilities be a waste? Not trying all possibilities is an absolute guarantee of missed opportunity (waste)?

Interesting. Like Nameless, it's a bit 'whoosh over my head' stuff, but the way you've presented it here I can understand. I like it.  :-)
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Visitor

I find it strange that given the expansive experiences not one has tread on one incident that leaves them wondering wth just happened?

Do not forget in quantum no attention=no existence.  So it's your focus that brings alternates into focus.  The rest are all in the soup mix of possibilities contained in the infinite gestalt of One to allow for free will.  

As soon as your focus accepts the alternate state....you forget entirely the other previous one.  There is no double, treble etc enclusive....it single state always.

Quantum is there..it's  our reality.  Whether there is something wider than that ?..probably....but since right now quantum is where as a species we are expanding towards....it's enough to flamox anyone's head.  The youth will have their brains altered with genetic mutations in our food...I am sure of it...so they will find it easier to live within it.

Just as we moved wider when 0 was discovered...so we are moving wider now.

Just out of interest I am enclosing one poor chap's experience.  I say 'poor' because I am sure you can appreciate his state after this.... anyway...it's hella a interesting..

http://www.nderf.org/Experiences/1wilson_fde.html

I suspect that we are more or less caught up on some washing machine 'rinse and repeat' cycle until we have grown our consciousness sufficiently to cope with wherever we come from.....our real selves.  Or ...apparently like me....come here for remedial super difficult charged lives to counteract some lazy growth?  I have summed this up about myself btw so may be wrong but that's what some thing said have led me to deduct.  

So maybe it is 'groundhog day' type stuff.  Perhaps we can chose specific time bands backwards and forwards for a life specific circumstance that allows us what we need to experience to grow whatever it is we aim towards.  Perhaps we split into as many as our growth energy can manage for faster experience...into as many species as needed.  Why should a part of us not be a hurricane?  It's consciousness experiencing massive energy creation, manipulation and control.  

While our body rests we aren't lazy sitting beside it.  Defies intelligence to suppose we would!

Selski

That was a really interesting NDE Visitor - thanks for posting the link. It's incredible to think that his experience was probably the most profound thing ever to happen to him - and yet from a physical reality perspective, nothing happened.
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

ThaomasOfGrey

Quote from: Nameless on August 17, 2017, 18:24:00
Wow, deep. Maybe too deep for me. Seems like from the first moment someone mentioned alternate and parallel realities everyone has set out to prove it so. Personally and this is just me being me, I think if there are parallel realities then we likely created them ourselves by thinking about them so much.

I feel our existence is likely far more simple than we would want to believe.

Simplicity tends to reveal fundamental truths doesn't it? I honestly never expected it to be possible to discuss a model of reality that could attempt to operate at "before the big bang" and "higher dimensions", but our mistake might have been to think the answer was too complex or forever unknowable.

I think that we do create parallel realities ourselves by thinking in a way - it is how we experience premonitions or past life scenarios in our dreams by accessing the "akashic record". I think of that type of reality as being "of the moment" like our dreams that don't have their own continuity once we stop viewing/generating them.

The concept gets a lot more muddy when we try to touch realities similar to ours with their own continuity. What we think about as a collective could well impact the creation of "real" parallel realities, after all what we think about seems like active element that determines the future more so than the possible ways a rock could roll down a hill.

Quote from: Xanth on August 17, 2017, 18:34:07
I think I follow you.  Sort of a smaller version in order to save on memory? 
Kind of like recording every 10th bit instead of every bit in order to room? 

Yeah that is what I am getting at. For me, the key is that the process is non-infinite and has a practical purpose. If it was possible to do sort of the opposite - produce infinite or approximately infinite - real parallel realities you have essentially solved the puzzle of physical matter reality and our experience within it.

Like a really large game of tic-tac-toe you quickly realize that only the player that goes first has a real chance of winning the game. There is little value or purpose to playing anymore once all the possible moves are understood.

That is why I like to think that the threads of reality are sufficiently distinct to be worth simulating. If you have infinite resources to simulate, all answers are known and everything is pointless. If you have non-infinite resources you need to get the most bang for your buck by simulating many realities where the outcome is unknown rather than solving the answer to a particular physical reality - like you guys said the latter truly would be a mind-blowing waste.