paralysis and exiting

Previous topic - Next topic

Targett

Ok ive been into astral projection for about 1 year now. And with using a sensory deprivation booth and help with holosync i can get myself into a  state where i am paralysed almost every time i try now. The only problem is i can never seem to take it any further because of fear i guess. I want to get as much info and guidence from experienced projectors as i can because i feel i am sooo close now but i need the encouragement to go further.

Here are some of the symptoms of the paralysis state:
* everytime i get into it theres always a poping feeling in my ears as soon as it kicks in, feels like when u yawn and u cant hear for a second.
*i always hear some strange noises when im in the paralysis state, noises are always different each time. Examples of these noises are sounds of birds flapping theyre wings fast, footsteps, shuffling sounds, electrical sounds etc.
*sometimes in the state i can actually feel myself moving into a different position, but when it finishes il be in the same position as when i started. The best case of this was a couple of weeks ago i started off lieing on my back, got up and ended up lieing on my stomach, i could actually feel my elbows pushing into the bed, but when i came out of the paralysis i was still on my back, did i imagine this?
* very tiny spots of light in my eye sight and sometimes what look like coloured lightning bolts going across my eyesight, a bit like when u rub your eyes hard and u see fuzzy colours.
*very hard to move during the episode, takes extreme will to be able to move a toe or fingers.
* Throughout the whole epsiode i find myself in a strong resistance to a very intense and disturbing sucking feeling (this is where i want people to pay most attention because this is what always stops me from going further). When ever i try to relax the feeling gets more intense and scary. It feels like a sucking pressure throughout my whole body. A good way to describe this is like im in some stream and the current is pulling on me hard, i feel like if i relax the current will take me away and kill me, so throughout the whole episode i am in a strong state of resisting this disturbing sucking feeling on my whole body, trying to fight it because of fear of it getting worse and the fear of losing control and dieing. When it does get worse the shuffling sounds i hear get faster and faster, it feels like my heart beat gets faster and faster, today it felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest,  the feeling gets worse and everything intensifies the more i stop resisting, which scares the hell out of me, so im like *resist resist resist*

Its a bit like someone whos scared of heights or something, when ever im out of the state im like "OK THATS IT!! NEXT TIME I GET IT IM GOING TO DO IT!!!* but when ever im in the state im like *resist resist resist get it away!!!* :P

When i first ever got this sleeping paralysis about 2 years ago i got some vibrations in my head and falling feeling, that was the best one i ever had, when i first started to get them id only get them like once a month, but now i can get them at will, like 4-5 times a week with the help of holosync soundtrack.

I would greatly greatly appreciate any advice and information from other experienced people about where i am and how i get further. Is it possible to leave your body from this state? what are some good techniques which are good at point of experience??

I would just like to add that ive been using holosync for about a year now and i highly reccomend other people look into it, it is fantastic for putting you into a trance and relaxing your body, i can easily get into the paralysis state after doing a 1 hour session on the holosync.

thank you

targett
As long as there is the slightest tinge of self in any of our actions,
As long as we are good because we hope for reward,
Then we shall be return here in order to recieve that award
-Reincarnation

fost500

Hey Targett,
Im in the same boat as you, but it's the other way round. I really wanna project, but i can't for the life of me obtain the sleep paralysis state.
Could you please share your technique of how you get there whenever you want !

Sorry, i cant really give any input on these sounds and feelings your having. The only thing i can say is, don't worry, your not going to DIE!.
No one has ever died from projecting, or if they have, they havent posted about it here. (Oh yeah, thats coz their dead LOL).
Anyway, heres a link which tells you how to project from the paralysis state. :D
http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/chat-forum/viewTopic.jsp?t=paralysis
Death is only tragic for those who get left behind

cobalt

OMG
I got this about 3-4 times, only thing i was asleep all the times, but when it happens my mind turns on.
first two were month before i knew anything about APing, other two's were after. First 2 times i tought im going to die, same as 3rd..but then i knew what it was..but the feeling is so scary(like someone is asking you, do you want to continiue? and i alwas say no no no go away, like that), you describet it exactly like i had. when i had it 3rd time, i understood what mistake i made, but 4th time i freaked out again :/
Have to try that holosync
Nice to see you :)

Draege

Let me give you some advice that I think will help you. Keep your eyes open for the next week while you meditate. Play with your focus a little. You'll very likely get scared out of your pants over and over. Nothing will ever happen though. You'll eventually relax and get over it.

Targett

Thank you for your replies people i Appreciate it. fost500 that internet site is golden, thanks.

The way i seem to get into sleeping paralysis is most times i get it after doing a 1 hour session on the holosync in a sensory deprivation booth my dad made, i occasionally get them in my bed so the booth and the holosync arent vital. What the holosync does is put you into a trance for 1 hour starting off in beta, then alpha, then theta, and then the last 30 mins is in the deep delta. Its like going to sleep for 1 hour and when it finishes my body is very relaxed, all i do is take off the head phones, roll over and relax even more, and usually within about 10 mins, sometimes even 2 mins ill be paralysed. The best time of the day i ususlly get them is in the morning, i wake up at 5 have breakfast, then go in for the holosync at about 7 and come out at about 830. I definitly find doing it in the morning alot easier. Dont try to get into the state coz u tend to get excited when u feel it coming on and that wakes you up a little, all u gotta do is relax and it usually happens all by itself. I think over tiredness helps abit but theres been a few times when i wasnt really tired at all and i got into it.

thank you
-Reincarnation

avocado

Every thing you described appear to be symptoms to what me and a lot of other people who have had a conscious out of body experience.

That feeling you get that you described as the "yawning feeling" is often what I get during vibrations. To be honest, it is safe to say I always get that during vibrations.

The noises are common and often come before an actual projection. People report hearing static, loud noises, the radio, even screaming.
These noises get scary but you should ignore them.

I get the "fuzzy" eye sight as well, and I remember seeing those "lightning bolts". Don't be scared of these, it just means things are happening.

As for the scary pulling feeling I have no idea what it could be, however I could guess it is pressure in your chakras. Where does this place seam to originate? Any specific area?
It seams slightly similar to what I experienced, I felt like I had two bodies. Mine, and another fuzzy one kind of moving around even thou I was not. That is the astral body as far as I know, and if I feel that I focus on moving it away from my body. Before I know it, there I am beside my bed and my actual body behind me.

I forgot to mention, you said you have an extremely high heart beat, and I don't think that is what it is. I think those are vibrations in your heart chakra.

Next time you experience these effect just focus on them. Concentrate, and realize you are not the only person that experiences these. That adds a lot of comfort gets rid of some of that pesky fear as well.

Targett

hey avocado thx for the reply

Its a strange feeling and hard to describe but i usually get it all over my body and sometimes only in my head. The words that come to mind when i think of it are pulling, pressure, freakish, sucking on my whole body

Yeah i dont think it could be my heart beating that fast. It was beating faster than it does after going for a hard sprint.

Sometimes after sleeping paralyses id dream that i wake up and go into another room, make lunch or something and talk to my dad or something, or id dream that people are coming into the room, sometimes i wonder if that is actually leaving my body but it feels just like a dream. I remeber one time after a SP i dreamed that i went into the kitchen and told my dad i just had anoither sleeping paralysis and we were both talking about it for about 2 mins then i saw a red parrot in the house, then all of a sudden i woke up for real and no one was home.

Whats it like to be actually out of your body? How real is it? Is it very weak dull and faint like a dream or can u actually definitly see hear feel and think clearly like u are sensing in your physical body. Once when i was having a sleeping paralyses i got an image of my bedroom roof but thats about it, when your out do u feel 100% alive and aware, will u undoubtably know your out of your body and know its real? or is it possible to mistake it for a dream?

Ive heard from some people that its dull and things are out of place like in a dream but ive also heard from other storys thats its as clear as physical reality, like somepeople didnt ever realise they were out of theyre body until they saw theyre body lying down or soemthing

Theres storys of when people have NDE's on the operating table where people can actually see clearly the procedures going on from a perspective above the table and remember them clearly, is it like that during an obe?

It would be very rewarding to be able to leave your body and know its real because then you would know for yourself that consciousness isnt just a by-product of the brain and that life wouldnt cease at death of the brain, and you will lose alot of the fear of death.

Anyways i think i went a little off there lol :P

Thanks for the replies

Targett
-Reincarnation

avocado

Well, I'll try to describe my experiences as best as I can.

Everything about it feels real, you know you are not dreaming but it bares little resemblance to real life.

When I first exited everything was dark and mercy, but my vision was very broad.  I had no body and I had a lot of difficulty moving. I call it the "slow motion drunk effect". I could only move so far.

Just imagine trying to pick something up with your hands having none. You move by just thinking I want to move forward but with out using words.

My mind was clear and I had control, however I was to exited to think rationally. It is hard to focus on a task. Everything looks and feels different.

I did not sense my real body the first time. I remember thinking about my body thou, and as soon as it happened I was back in it in a flash. There definitely was that connection. Right after it happens you just fill with energy and euphoria. You will sit their through the night smiling until dawn. There is no way you will fall back to sleep.

So to answer you're question:
I seriously doubt you will mistake it for a dream. However, you can fall into a dream during the projection. This happens to me almost every time, it was what I am currently working on.

The dreams themselves are amazingly lucid and I awake soon after with no problems recalling what happened but it makes it difficult to organize your thoughts.

Hope that helped you.  :?

Targett

I think i just had my first OBE. I dunno it could have just been my imagination. It was very faint but i was surely conscious. Can u guys tell me what u think.

I was just in a sleeping paralyses and i got the usual simptoms, pressure, sounds etc, and this time i rememberd something from the internet site that Fost500 gave me where they said just relax and breathe, relax and breathe. I did this and then i remember almost like a pulling feeling swung me out of the booth i was in, calmly swinging me all around the room. It felt like i was as light as i was in water and some currant was just washing me around, quite a pleasant feeling than really to what i though it would be. I panicked for a very short time but after 3 seconds or so i just let go and relaxed. And let myself float around.

Strange thing though the room i was in had a another bed in there which isnt  usually there and it was quite a bit darker than what it usually is.

The whole thing must have lasted about 30 seconds and when i woke up i had no trouble fighting through paralysis

It dont want to say that i have had an obe coz it could have been my imagination. Its strange it felt like a dream but it was different from anything else ive had before. I really felt like i was floating. I was definitly conscious, i guess ill have to have a few more before i can start saying ive had an obe.

What do u guys think?

Targett
-Reincarnation

knucklebrain1970

Damn, this is nuts, I just put up a post on this.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=144598#144598

I do find it hard to let go as well and sometimes I find it completely annoying for this to happen. I don't know if it's the vicodins I've been taking for my gum surgery lately or the melatonin but it's happened every night for about 2 weeks or so. Let me put it this way, even if I take a vicodin in the morning, which is when I do take 1, hate them at night, can't sleep, I'm almost guaranteed to have this happen. Sometimes I just think about it, and it starts to happen, as soon as I lie down. This is strange territory for me folks. The part that is tough for me is that my chest feels real right after I come out of this paralyzed state and I feel that I'm going to have a stroke or heart attack. My heart is beating fast but I think it's because I wake up in a panic. It's not real fun for me to be semi conscious but not able to wake up and move at all. I'd like to Astral Project, but I have this fear block and fear of death and as Target stated, I feel that if I let go completely I will not come back. How do I get over this fear and continue, or make this crap stop altogether? Is there anything I could take to prevent this from happening ever again? Oh and it has happened without Vicodin as well, just the frequency of occurrences goes up with the vicodin. Perhaps laying off the melatonin would help too. I would like to go further, but I don't think I'll ever get over the fear and let go. I fear death and I don't know how to overcome that.

Kevin
BUDDHAHOOD - THE END OF SUFFERING

Cezyl

Hey you all.

Thank you for sharing.

I've had paralysis experiences and I find that by RELAXING I get free. If I relax and move while I am in paralysis, I am moving my nonphysical body without fail.

Cool stuff going on, though it doesn't seemed to be percieved as cool during. I was afraid of paralysis and all too at first. It's so good to hear different ways of getting out of paralysis to OBE, especially the breathing method of dear Matt/Cube. I was having a hard time accepting that method being so foreign to my previous thinking on the matter. Thank you for helping clear my thinking by practicing it and sharing your success with it Targett!!

Cheers.

Cezyl

Targett

Its strange before i had my first obe on sat morning i could never stop resisting. I was absoloubly  terrified of the feeling and i thought id never be able to let it be.

But now i know whats ahead my fear has completely gone. Ive had the sleeping paralysis 3 days in a row now and everytime i just know it and laugh at it.

You just gotta trust everything will be ok. i know words wont do much, you have to experience it for yourself

I know the scaryness of the feeling makes you think that if you go any further it will be even worse and scary being out of your body, but i have to tell you that when you get out the experience is very pleasant. Its just amazing how 1 second your having the most intense fear of your life, then the next you are peacefully floating around feeling so free and calm.

I hope my own personal experience will encourage your to stop resisting the pull

Just do it - Nike :P
-Reincarnation

heter

What position do you use when you attempt this?

Targett

usually my stomach but my back works well too
-Reincarnation

Targett

WOOO YES!!

I just had my second out of body experience.

last time i wasnt too sure if it was real so this time i opened the blinds and made heaps of more light in the room. I remember thinking to myself during it that this is heaps better than the last one and its definitly an obe.

I got through the paralysis and floated out of my booth, floated just under our buddhist shrine, i looked at my arm and seen my wrist watch on me and thought to myself this is much more real than the last one i had and thought i will remember this to myself.
then i floated of ouf the shrine room to the hallways and into the kichen, then i excitidly ran towards the kitchen window and tryed to swan dive through it, but when i tryed to look up my sight started to fade so i demanded to myself "back to body now"
then i worked through a bit of paralysis and woke up fine

does anyone else get that poping in theyre ears when they go through walls ?

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

:D :D :D
-Reincarnation

fost500

Well done man, keep at it.
Could please you explain what these booths are that you keep talking about. You sya you dad makes them, but what exactly are they? They seem to be working well for you

Targett

Yeah its a sensory deprivation booth my dad made. Its about a little bit wider than a bed and about 6 feet tall. Its got carpet on the outside, foam in the middle of the wood and more carpet on the inside. Theres a fan which circulates the air through so you dont suffocate in there lol :P

When you go in its pitch black and very little sound gets through, complete sensory deprivation.

Its got 2 speakers inside, a shackti neuromagnectic signal generator, and headphones that we use for the holosync.

Great place just to go and relax
-Reincarnation

fost500

Wow, sounds cool. Il have to build me one of those one day