Phasing

Previous topic - Next topic

Pulsinator

Greetings All,

I've read most of Astral Projection, and ordered Mastering Astral Projection yesterday.

I've also been listening to the Monroe Hemi-sync CDs.  I had switched to the Monroe Lucid Dreaming CD for a few weeks, but decided I was having more luck with the Gateway series.

Last night was my first time to listen to the Gateway CDs in a few weeks, so I listened to the Intro to Focus 10.  After the lesson was over, I continued on my own.  

When I do the rebal, I am able to phase into ? (the astral) for about a second, two, or three.  It is a very intense phase where I loose touch with reality, almost like I'm falling into the astral.  When this happens, my vision doesn't change, and I slip back into my earthly body after a few seconds.  I feel that I'm getting close, but I can't seem to get past this one point.  

Last night I believe it was because I was not relaxed enough.  My upper arms where hurting towards the end.  I meditated for about 2 hours after the sound file ended.  This was the first time I've experienced pain like that.  The other times I did not have any pain, so please don't focus all your response on the one time with pain.

Any suggestions to being able to continue the phase?

Thanks,
Pulsinator

Kerrblur

questions:

1) do you consider yourself a novice?

2) Are you fairly confident with yourself in the RTZ?

3) what steps are you taking to deeply relax your body?

4) Are you attempting to 'phase' to the upper planes?

When i first started, I found myself wanting to phase right into the action lol.  But i found myself hitting a wall - I had to train myself to get somewhere up there.  I had to learn how to control myself once I'm out, adjust and accept the feelings and sensations that came with Astral Projection.  

It took awhile for me to learn the Crazy amount of concentration and control that was needed to phase somewhere higher.

I guess I'm confused on what your concern is except relaxation is ridiculously crucial.

There are limitless amounts of advice and ways to relax yourself it seems!  
What I do before I attempt a OBE is I take a hot shower, and stretch every single part of my body! I try to make sure sure mental chatter is non existent, and breathing is in rhythm
Soul Travel is an individual experience,
a realization of survival.  It
is an inner experience through which
comes beauty and love of all life.  It cannot
be experienced in rituals or ceremonies,
nor bottle in creeds

Pulsinator

Thanks for the response.

Quote from: Kerrblurquestions:
1) do you consider yourself a novice?  

Novice at meditation, no, not really.  I've been meditating fairly constantly for about 5 months.  At AP or OBE, yes.  I have yet to have either since trying as an adult.

Quote from: Kerrblur
2) Are you fairly confident with yourself in the RTZ?

I'm still waiting on my first exit.

3) what steps are you taking to deeply relax your body?  

I've done yoga workouts in the past, but last night I did the tightening of the muscles in each body part twice, and stretched my neck and back out quiet a bit.  Seems like I should have been relaxed enough, but it doesn't really seem like I was.

4) Are you attempting to 'phase' to the upper planes?

This is a good question.  Truthfully, when this happens, I'm just visualizing the energy ball around me.  It is very intense.

When i first started, I found myself wanting to phase right into the action lol.  But i found myself hitting a wall - I had to train myself to get somewhere up there.  I had to learn how to control myself once I'm out, adjust and accept the feelings and sensations that came with Astral Projection.  

This may be the most important part.  I'm not really trying to go anyplace in particular.  I've tried quite a few methods.  Visualizing the energy ball around me, coming back up through my feet to my head, and then spinning around me as it circulates back down to my feet just invokes this very intense phase.  Seems like if I could just stay in that mode when it happens, I have no doubt something would happen.  I just can't seem to keep it going.  If I could keep this up, where would I phase to?

I'm guessing the more I do it, the more I'll get used to it and possibly allow it to continue.  It seems like I've been so close for a while, and I'm just looking for a bit of advise on getting around the problem.

Thanks,
Pulsinator

Kerrblur

See what I'm trying to say is, in my experience so far in Astral Projection is that I always classed the term phasing as a exit technique to the higher astral dimentions/planes.... which is not something when you have not exited yet....

when im not soo tired ill explain, but a person we want to answer your question here is James S, He and others have posted wanderfull articles on this.... plus Roberts book, specially the one you ordered, will talk about attempting a obe the wrong way, which could mess you up pretty bad, as in scar yea from actually having one for awhile... im tired lol sorry...

But I would say dont phase but I would rather have someone with years more experience than me to have a better explanation
Soul Travel is an individual experience,
a realization of survival.  It
is an inner experience through which
comes beauty and love of all life.  It cannot
be experienced in rituals or ceremonies,
nor bottle in creeds

Pulsinator

Yes, phasing might not be the right term, but the reason I'm calling it a phase is because it is not vibrations, and I don't know what else to call it.

Let me try to describe it better.  I have to be in a good meditative state.  When it happens, I loose complete sensation of my physical body and am totally disoriented.  When this happens, I am visualizing the ball of energy around me.  I just realized that I always stop the visualization to...observe the new sensation.  Ah, I'll have to make it a point to continue the visualization the next time this happens.

Ok, so now I have something to work towards.

Thanks,
Pulsinator