Phasing?

Previous topic - Next topic

Conduit

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum but I have been lurking around these parts for a month now and was quite intrigued by the phasing approach i have read about. I have had 50 lucid dreams at least in the past couple years (moreso when i kept a strict dream journal) and upon further analyzation i believe some of these were OBEs in the traditional sense (though they are basically the same with different levels of awareness)

I have experimented with the 'Third Eye Method' as i call it where one rolls their eyes back and lets their point of consciousness drift to the third eye region, I had success three times in a row with inducing vibrations which felt like an intense pulsing in that region coupled with hearing fluctuating tones that oscillated like theta waves...almost as if my mind was tuning in to a frequency it is not entirely used to receiving. All three times I got to this point in about five minutes and each time i retreated to the physical due to being plagued by negative images and feelings which i hear is normal.

I combined this method with a sort of phasing approach of enacting a mental scenario to induce hypnagogia, after a while of riding the unconscious tangent i got to a point where my vision started to turn grey and the left side of my vision turned quite white to the point where it encompassed 3/4 of my vision. It felt like my eyes were open at that point and as the whiteness grew i perceived a change in temperature (probably not real in physical terms)

I guess my main question is, how close to the point of projecting was I? Or rather what 'Focus' level was i at? Also any general tips for progressing would be appreciated aside from daily practice which I have been doing when possible...pretty much every day though.

Xanth

It sounds like you're doing just fine.
The last step you need to work on now is the "allowing" yourself to phase step.

It's probably the hardest part of Phasing.
It's like allowing yourself to fall off a cliff... at some point you have to eventually allow gravity to take over and "allow" yourself to fall.

Conduit

Yes I find that some days 'letting it happen' is much easier than others, at times my inner voice speaks a bit too often. I'm sure with practice i will get better, meditation helps greatly as well. Thank you for the feedback.

Contenteo

You explain the phenomenon very well. I have seen the same questioned asked many times, but this is uncannily well described. I agree with Xanth, you seem to know what you are doing and are doing just fine.

You are a good ways into the F15-F18-F21 'corridor'. I bet that change in temperature can be described as a lull that softly encompasses you. Things tend to get even more distant at that stage.

This 'corridor' can be gone through a handful different ways, but once you have experienced them all a couple times, they become familiar. It is possible to go through it quick, or have it take a while. Experience describes them best.

F15 is Monroe's No time zone. Its where you lose track of physical time. Unfortunately that is the door that I/we can bring you too, but after that, its your adventure from there. There is no time, it disappears, so this is the cliff(good metaphor).

Have you read Frank's posts. He was a large proponent of the eyes rolled back method. I have tried it, but never really liked it all that much.

Cheers,
Contenteo

AstralJames

Can someone direct me to a good place to learn "phasing"? Or some information about it? I tried searching the Pulse but only found people talking about it

Xanth

Quote from: AstralJames on April 20, 2013, 22:14:37
Can someone direct me to a good place to learn "phasing"? Or some information about it? I tried searching the Pulse but only found people talking about it
You can try my free book, which is based entirely on Phasing and Phasing methods.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39504726/Phasing_Primer.pdf

There's also the Frank Kepple resource here on the Pulse.
http://www.astralpulse.com/frankkepple.html

Astralzombie

Xanth is not shamelessly promoting his book. He's right. Read it and you will have a clear understanding of what phasing is.

Xanth, when should I expect my check?  :-D :-D
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Xanth

I have no concept of shame.  :D

... next Tuesday.  >.>  ;)

Conduit

Contenteo: Yes I have been reading through Frank's pdf of compiled posts over the course of the last couple of weeks., I am a little over halfway through. I find that his simplification is very useful as it deters one from being drowned in a sea of irrelevant techniques while giving tips on why said techniques work. At first I found the Third Eye method confusing, or moreso strenuous but after a little practice i found that given five or ten minutes my eyes will start to roll back naturally and from then on it's mostly letting the process do it's thing. (Works best when I am tired)

Thanks for the breakdown by the way. I believe I have hovered in the no time zone before in practice/meditation, specifically once where I would have sworn I had been practicing for an hour to an hour and a half but upon checking the time later I realized that it had been only 18 or 20 minutes.

I remember being interested in projection nearly two years ago and i read a good part of Astral Dynamics in the time allotted by my library as well as Astral Projection and the Nature of Reality by John Magnus. These books confused me as to what i should be attempting and made me think it was a sort of necessary act of visualisation which I now know it is not. Don't get me wrong, they are both good books, especially AD since it contains very useful information and perspective...it's just that the core part that any beginner would want to get their hands on is presented in a way where it is easy to misconstrue the process by which projection naturally happens. Frank's posts and lurking this forum have allowed me to learn and acquire a much deeper understanding in the past weeks then all of my research two years ago. My rapid progression has been an astute reflection of that and I am quite elated to have come across this domain.

I must thank Frank for his contributions, whoever compiled his posts as that must have been an endeavor in itself (I believe it was Xanth?) And of course any posts i have read here. I've been reading your pdf on Phasing as well Xanth but have not yet delved too deeply since i just recently became interested in phasing, though what I have read thus far has been of vital help to me.

Xanth

Quote from: Conduit on April 21, 2013, 17:44:57
I remember being interested in projection nearly two years ago and i read a good part of Astral Dynamics in the time allotted by my library as well as Astral Projection and the Nature of Reality by John Magnus. These books confused me as to what i should be attempting and made me think it was a sort of necessary act of visualisation which I now know it is not. Don't get me wrong, they are both good books, especially AD since it contains very useful information and perspective...it's just that the core part that any beginner would want to get their hands on is presented in a way where it is easy to misconstrue the process by which projection naturally happens. Frank's posts and lurking this forum have allowed me to learn and acquire a much deeper understanding in the past weeks then all of my research two years ago. My rapid progression has been an astute reflection of that and I am quite elated to have come across this domain.
Magnus' book is really good, and I do highly advise reading it... however, just like with the Monroe trilogy, I'd wait until you have a bunch of your own experiences under your belt first.  Only then can you begin to make some accurate comparisons and see what you need to work on.

QuoteI must thank Frank for his contributions, whoever compiled his posts as that must have been an endeavor in itself (I believe it was Xanth?) And of course any posts i have read here. I've been reading your pdf on Phasing as well Xanth but have not yet delved too deeply since i just recently became interested in phasing, though what I have read thus far has been of vital help to me.
It was a fun several days of cutting and pasting.  LoL

But as for my own book... I tried to build upon what Frank started.  I tried to simplify things even further to produce a crystal clear vision of what astral projection is and how to experience it for yourself.  If you do have any questions, please feel free to ask.  :)

Contenteo

Quotethat the core part that any beginner would want to get their hands on is presented in a way where it is easy to misconstrue the process by which projection naturally happens
Couldn't agree with you more. This is exactly what happened to me. I wrote this after my first full-fledged exit.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_steps_to_success_in_your_first_projections-t33998.0.html

While we're busy shamelessly promoting, I might as well bandwagon.
:-D

Cheers,
Contenteo

Szaxx

And another, this one has been used for decades..
It's great this site, you ask a question and get reams of 'paperwork' to read.
Best of all, there's no mumbo jumbo. It's tried and tested by us guineapigs.
I was going to say gurus but declined, guineapigs sounds better. We don't wear white robes then sit in the lotus position giving that om guy a shout. Lol.
I almost forgot, you can have a laugh here too.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_astral_blueprint-t38729.0.html

See you out/in there.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Conduit

Yes, I imagine once I have projected multiple times I will return to both Magnus' book as well as Bruce's for a more well-rounded understanding. Thank you all for the links by the way, saved me a bit of searching - reading through them now.

BillionNamesofGod

Quote from: Xanth on April 20, 2013, 01:03:29
It sounds like you're doing just fine.
The last step you need to work on now is the "allowing" yourself to phase step.

It's probably the hardest part of Phasing.
It's like allowing yourself to fall off a cliff... at some point you have to eventually allow gravity to take over and "allow" yourself to fall.

Can anyone here who is successful in phasing exactly describe their steps, timescales and method?

I'm still struggling with it.

Xanth

Quote from: BillionNamesofGod on April 27, 2013, 11:30:42
Can anyone here who is successful in phasing exactly describe their steps, timescales and method?

I'm still struggling with it.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39504726/Phasing_Primer.pdf