Am I doing it right?

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulletinte

So I have just started trying to Astra Project. 

My first time, I'd slept for a long time and woke up without an alarm, and tried doing what I'd read about making your body sleep with a waking mind about an hour later.

I had made my room pretty ambient, and so I had little trouble focusing and started to feel my body fall more and more to sleep. Then I felt what I think people describe as "vibrations" or "electricity," although to me it felt a lot like adrenaline. It felt like I was lifting up, especially my legs, which all seemed normal to me (well, I'd read about the sensation). However, I also saw, like a pinpoint of bright, white lite, brighter than the lighting in the room which rapidly opened up across my field of vision. I opened my eyes quickly, closed them to try again, and aborted my attempt after it began to happen again.

The first thing I'm wondering is: is this "normal"? Was I getting it?

Any advice you guys can give?

AstralJames

You were doing it correctly yes. There are many ways to start doing it, and you seem to be on the right track
Keep practicing, you WILL get it.

welcome to the Pulse btw

roman67

Yes, you were doing it right. Keep practicing. You will definitely get it soon. Keep it up.

Bedeekin

What you are describing sounds like the vibrations or electrical impulses caused by REM atonia... meaning you consciously slipped into Sleep Paralysis.

You are basically there... you haven't nearly 'got it'... you have got it... the right state of consciousness that is.

Because this was new to you it caught you by surprise... this is very common.

Bulletinte

Thanks!  Good to know.  Is it pretty common to get that 'far' on a first try?

I actually had a long bout where I would sometimes slip into sleep paralysis (and even did it purposefully a few times), but I haven't had it in a while.  The first couple of times I did it I heard voices once and saw a shadow another time -- kinda scary.

Is it considered sleep paralysis if I can still move at will?  I have had a little trouble doing this again (admittedly, I only have tried once or twice since) -- do you guys have any tips or things I can read for getting there?

Bedeekin

It rather depends. You woke up without an alarm. This means you probably woke during the transgression from slow wave to REM. We micro-wake before and after REM... normally we don't notice it. You probably affirmed yourself to wake fully at the right time. This set up the perfect condition with which to experience SP. :)

SP can be scary. It's all part of growing. Conquering that fear does help ready you for other things later.

The paralysis during SP isn't true paralysis. the 'spell' is easily broken.

Actually.. you might want to take a rain check on whether you are actually 'physically' moving during SP. If you are new... non-physical movement can be identical to physical movement. Many times I have entered SP and thought I rolled over... only to realise I didn't and instead came out of SP in the same position I entered.

Bulletinte

The SP happened way before my I began trying AP.  That time I almost got out I had woken up without the alarm and gone back to bed to try APing.

Quote from: Bedeekin on April 25, 2013, 09:49:45
Actually.. you might want to take a rain check on whether you are actually 'physically' moving during SP. If you are new... non-physical movement can be identical to physical movement. Many times I have entered SP and thought I rolled over... only to realise I didn't and instead came out of SP in the same position I entered.

So you were in Sleep Paralysis, rolled over and your Astra body came out?

Bedeekin

I don't know... I was in SP I rolled over when I thought it had ended... It hadn't and when it did I hadn't rolled over. Whether it was my 'astral' I don't know.. probably was.