Could anyone be of assistance?

Previous topic - Next topic

mjolnir_knight

Yes, I need some assistance.  I better tell the whole, but short, story.  I learned of astral projection almost a year ago.  I remember I was surfing the internet and I came across it.  It hooked me instantly and I read as much as I could on the subject that day.  That night, while still knowing very little, I decided to give it a try.  I really didn't expect much to happen.  However, to my extreme suprise, I began to experience the famous vibrations in about ten minutes.  They were surprising at first, then I just decided to keep on doing what I was doing (visualizing myself rising up from my body) and ride them out.  Within another thirty seconds, but it seemed forever, I felt and say myself rising up from my body.  It was euphoric for I had never experienced such bliss in my life.  I remember thinking back to my body and I could see both from my astral body and my physical body all at once.  From my physical I could see my astral and from my astral I could see my physical.  I continued to move upwards, but I couldn't believe it; I thought it was a dream.  To make sure, I thought about returning to my body and I was back and opened my eyes, awestruck at what had just happened.

Now, here I am almost a year later and that was the only projection that I have been able to achieve from a hypnogogic state (going to sleep).  I have managed to have fully fledged lucid dreams and five projections from sleep paralysis, but every time that I tried to project from the hypnogogic state my abilities lessened and lessened.  It got to a point that I thought that it was bogus and I had just been dreaming.  Something sparked in me yesterday, however, and I decided to give it another go.  I got SOOOOO close, almost to the point of projection, but I can't exit.  I have read through the techniques section, I have read the FAQ's, I've read almost everything on jonasridgeway.com, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  (PS, I used the rocket technique where you concentrate on the pulsing in front of your eyes and you begin to sway back and forth and are rocketed from your body.  I got a VEEERRRYYY strong swaying sensation, all my chakras were open, but the feeling began to recede and ended the attempt)

If anyone can help, please do!  Any advice is appreciated.
Sincerely, Patrick

jalef

do i understand you right that this attempt was the first conscious attempt since a year? if this is like that then you shouldnt worry at all. you cant expect to project on your first try and nearly beeing out is more then most other people ever achieve. you just shouldnt give up and keep on trying.
The truely wise man knows that he knows nothing!
  - Confuzius

mjolnir_knight

No, it was the only successful conscious attempt in a year.  I have tried at least 150 times after that and failed each and every time.

WindGod

amazing experience, thanks for the description

I'm mostly familiar with the idea that we practice a meditation technique or philosophy, then eventually we have inner experiences. (OBE, visions, visit other places, etc). And when they happen it's a very significant mind blowing life changing event.

I think it can go in cycles for some people, myself included. Maybe its similar to bio rhythms with the body, when focusing on inner experiences a similar cycle of activity and lulls perhaps?
Are weather forcasters psychic?

Tea

This sounds counter-intuitive, but stay with me--  don't try so hard.  It's completely possible to get to the point you did, but not be relaxed enough to go OOB.  The first time you were totally focused on the task (from your description) but said you didn't expect much.  That's a perfect mind-set for total relaxation.  Now it sounds as if you're too tense to let go.  Hemi-Sync or some comparable audio may help you.  Depending on how susceptible you are to the tones, it can induce a relaxed state or at least help to relax you by refocusing your attention.  You can do it!   :smile:

mjolnir_knight

Where can I get anything like that for free?  I'm kinda on a tight budget.

Inward

Whatever you do mjolnir_knight PLEASE do not give up!!! :-)

Inward