Phasing is becoming extremely easy

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

The past few days I've had a few decent phases and successful attempts. I forgot the experience I had this morning and I didn't write it down because I didn't class it as an OBE, more like a lucid dream, even though I know they're both the same thing really. But I've noticed that when I remain aware and start to see images start to appear, surrounding myself in it using all my senses and believing I'm already there seems to work better than staring at it until it becomes real.

I also experienced pure vibrations the other day as-well, not just my body falling asleep and locking up, but actual vibrations like a mobile (cell) phone. Just wanted to post saying that, because the OBE I had was quite interesting, can't remember if I posted my experience here but it was definitely more than twice as nice as the other one I posted here. I literally refused to look in the mirror because I know I'd end up regretting it. This is the status I made about it on Facebook.

QuoteHad another OBE, but this time I had a little more control. Remembered not to look in the mirror and went outside. It's so weird, it's as clear as day, sometimes nicer than in real life, but my house is always completely different but same in layout. The pathway going towards the road from my door slants upwards and people have vases in their front garden. People still have cars though, lol

It really is a beautiful subject to play around with, hopefully this will become easier and easier and hopefully at some point I will be able to do this via meditation.

Edit: What the **** is with the spam recently on the forum?

soarin12

It definitely became easier and easier for me.  It's to the point where if I want to go to sleep without phasing, I have to consciously try to keep thinking thoughts until I fall asleep.  If I don't try to keep thinking, I'll just naturally let my mind go blank while humming a tune I heard on the radio that day.  Then If I'm lying perfectly still, I'll automatically start phasing.  It's very bizarre and I'm sure if I ever told a doctor about it I'd be diagnosed with some kind of sleep disorder. lol!

Sounds like you're having some neat experiences!  Sure is an amazing world (worlds) out there!

Lionheart

Quote from: soarin12 on June 07, 2013, 21:18:37
It definitely became easier and easier for me.  It's to the point where if I want to go to sleep without phasing, I have to consciously try to keep thinking thoughts until I fall asleep.  If I don't try to keep thinking, I'll just naturally let my mind go blank while humming a tune I heard on the radio that day.  Then If I'm lying perfectly still, I'll automatically start phasing.  It's very bizarre and I'm sure if I ever told a doctor about it I'd be diagnosed with some kind of sleep disorder. lol!

Sounds like you're having some neat experiences!  Sure is an amazing world (worlds) out there!
When I first began and into my first year, I had many nights where I couldn't sleep for hours because of automatically Phasing.

Now, I have learned to control that better and very rarely do I see that problem anymore.

But, it was becoming a problem for a while there, it really messed up my sleep pattern.

Symbol

That is a problem? -_-
Here are a billion other people wishing they were in your shoes.

Lionheart

Quote from: Symbol on June 08, 2013, 00:06:00
That is a problem? -_-
Here are a billion other people wishing they were in your shoes.
Correction, I should have said unsuccessfully Phasing. Just lost in the 3d darkness for hours at a time.

But, not being able to turn it off or fall asleep.

I could easily open my eyes to stop it, but when I closed them again, I found myself once again "just lost in limbo".

Jdeadevil

It would probably be coined as some kind of astral disorder if the psychiatrist community believed in it. :p

I didn't have any experiences today because it's the weekend and the kids next door like to get up early and yell and scream on their trampoline, and because I have autism, it causes anxiety and inability to get back to sleep, and lack of focus.

soarin12

Lionheart-- I'm glad I'm not the only one!  In the back of my mind I was starting to think there was something wrong with me.  I'm getting better at controlling it too.  Glad to know someone else out there was successful at controlling it.  My "automatic phasing" is usually successful but I  don't want to do it all the time because I sometimes get negative SP experiences which just creates a kind of low level anxiety in me when I go to bed for the night.  I'm working on getting the automatic phasing under control and also the negative SP.  Thank god I feel I'm getting some success in both areas now.

Lionheart

Quote from: soarin12 on June 08, 2013, 10:41:16
Lionheart-- I'm glad I'm not the only one!  In the back of my mind I was starting to think there was something wrong with me.  I'm getting better at controlling it too.  Glad to know someone else out there was successful at controlling it.  My "automatic phasing" is usually successful but I  don't want to do it all the time because I sometimes get negative SP experiences which just creates a kind of low level anxiety in me when I go to bed for the night.  I'm working on getting the automatic phasing under control and also the negative SP.  Thank god I feel I'm getting some success in both areas now.
:-) :wink:

martydee

Forgive me, but what is 'phasing?' I've searched but can't find a simple, straightforward definition. Anyone?

Lionheart

Phasing is just merely shifting from here to there, usually achieved while in a Meditative state.

With Phasing there is no systematical climbing out of the body.

You just notice the darkness before your eyes and soon enter it or a intended destination you may have.

If you would have searched the Welcome to Astral FAQ's you would have found a great definition there.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_the_astral_faq/what_is_phasing_and_how_can_i_do_it-t17413.0.html

We also have many other posts here on the Astral Pulse that are dedicated solely to this process.

martydee

Thanks, Lionheart. It's appreciated.

|Anthony|

Phasing seems to be just another word/technique in relation to the "Dream Induced Lucid Dream" technique or combo of DILD and WILD. Where instead of using just WILD and MILD techniques or techinques of "steping out of your body" you instead let your consciousness phase in (shift from sleep to aware dream) with the experience. DILD is when you let yourself fall into sleep with the mindset when you dream you'll become aware of your dream state. So again shifting from sleeping...to being aware (when) you're in a dream. That is if you believe astral projection is simply a high form lucid dream. If you believe astral projection is an out of body experience than shifting your consciousness from being asleep to be out of body in whatever or wherever enviroment without any "moving out of your body" techniques (like Rope, Swaying, etc techniques).

Lionheart

No, Phasing is shifting from this here to there.

Just simply changing to a different reality. It's not a "high form Lucid Dream".

Tom Campbell and Frank Kepple talk about this technique quite a bit and you can get there (with a lot of practice) by just closing your eyes and ALLOWING the shift to occur.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_q5CDE2Nko

Phasing is done completely "consciously aware". If there is a "click out" it is very subtle and many times not even felt.

There is no sleep cycle needed and you are not having a "Dream induced Lucid Dream".

Lucid Dreaming is awakening in Dream or different reality per say, AFTER the shift has already taken place.

People that do use the Phasing technique will very rarely experience the RTZ, unless a strong intent to do that is made.

|Anthony|

It depends on one's view. There's endless debates on this as if astral projection is simply a lucid dream. Dr. Stephen LaBerge and Dr Susan Blackmore believe they are. However Dr. Charlies Tart has shown some circular evidence it is an OBE. One can be having a lucid dream they're APing too which explains why when a person APs their environment is different (like there being a chair in their room when they do not have a chair in their room). I had a recent AP/LD where I looked at my desk clock near my bed and it read 1:11PM. My room was about identical otherwise. However...I don't have a desk clock in my bedroom so was this just a LD that I was OBEing through the MILD technique?. Of course there is also "alternate forms of reality" theories too. Dr. Susan Blackmore (psychologist and parapsychologist) has seen Robert A. Monroes "OBE's" as nothing more than highly advanced lucid dreams at a time prior to knowledge of what a lucid dream was (since his OBEs started in the late 1950s and REM didnt really become identified into around 1953).

DILD is about the same. The WBTB might also fall into those lines. When you shift/phase from conscious awaken reality to conscious dream reality. In a sense dreams are of a different reality since they represent a landscape or scenario that is far from awaken reality. Using the DILD is one technique that a person excrement straight into a lucid dreams alter state of consciousness where in a dream one ve can create a whole new reality (driving in a Corvette naked down Time Square if they can create or alter such a dream).

"There is no sleep cycle needed and you are not having a "Dream induced Lucid Dream".

A lot of research has shown we can dream during NREM stages and these NREM are not like REM stages. NREM dreams are more realistic, less vivid, and more logical and compared to the more later fantasy like REM dreams. Jill Morris, Ph.D talks about that in her books, and so does Dr. Ann Faraday in her works (both psychologist and dream psychologists). So a person might believe they are having an AP but in fact be having a NREM lucid dream. EEGs show different brain wave activities during dreaming in NREM compared to REM. Now...Im not saying AP is nothing more than a LD. Thats not my claim. I personally havent yet decided (and Ive LDed many times and had LDs that were very AP like except there were certain material items that were in my AP that weren't in real life which makes me mark it off as a dream). Lucid dreaming is not always about becoming aware in a dream. One can use techniques to become aware as they enter a dream or prior to entering REM. One is the Wack Back To Bed Technique where after four hours of sleep you wake up, stay up for about twenty minutes, than go back to bed and focus (using the WILD technique) on remaining mentally conscious as your body falls sleep and you'll consciously enter a dream aware in that dream. In other words the subject never lost consciousness as they were mentally aware while awake and into the dreamscape (although their body has fallen asleep). In other words with these techniques one doesn't have to go to bed and hope two hours, and six dreams later, they became "aware" in a dream.

Now if one is talking about closing their eyes and not sleeping, but shifting their thoughts or consciousness to another form of reality than isn't that simly day dreaming? Like when I close my eyes, mediate, and find myself walking along the beaches of Malibu. However its just day dream.  

"Daydreaming is a short-term detachment from one's immediate surroundings, during which a person's contact with reality is blurred and partially substituted by a visionary fantasy, especially one of happy, pleasant thoughts, hopes or ambitions, imagined as coming to pass, and experienced while awake". -- Wikipedia. In fact when I watch a movie one can say Im shifting to a different reality as Im now following or becoming apart of the plot of that film as my attention is focused on the events of that film.

Im thinking some modern experimenters are maybe taking astral projection and associating it with daydream now instead of a shift of consciousness outside of the body and into an out of body state.

Also isnt "RTZ" just another term for "Etheric Projection"? There's debate on that too if Etheric and Astral are the same thing, same plane, etc.

Maybe Im just too black and white. I believe when one attempts to AP they either consciously leave their physical body or they don't (in which case its a dream of one leaving their body). I never went for all that "Focus" stuff...too spiritual and new ageish for me.

Lionheart

Both approaches achieve to the same goal!  :wink:

We have had this discussion many times in the past and I'm sure it will be discussed many times in the future as well.

You have great info, although not new. We have other posts here on Dr. Charles Tart, Stephen Laberge and Dr. Susan Blackmore.

These names aren't new to us at all.

We have people here that use many different techniques to access the NPR.

You should actually try listening to that video that is created by an acclaimed Author and Physics Professor, who uses his "daydreams" as you call them, in his occupation as a "Threat Assessor" for various organizations, including NASA.

Stay around you, will find your colors changing.

There were many before you that came here with a "Black and White" mindset, they now see all kinds of colors.  :-)

I guess now's not a good time to bring up the fact that many people that do this have been shown that we aren't in our bodies to begin with.

That's one of the hardest pills to swallow!

I know it was for me.

Next time you attempt to AP, create an intent to "return to Source". It's definitely an eye opening experience.

|Anthony|

Right. Techniques used for LD are also used for AP. Here's two (for those new to the whole AP/LD thing):

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/dream-exit-induced-lucid-dreams.html
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/dream-induced-lucid-dreams.html

Although the author (Rebecca Turner a well known lucid dreamer and LD writter) believes AP's are just LDs dreaming they're out of body, and AP's can't be scientifically proven (http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/astral-projection.html)

Ive been dabbling in the area of lucid dreaming since the mid-1990s although I was well aware of it going back into the 1980s. Im not a "newbie" hehe. I had many many lucid dreams using the usual techniques and at times testing suppliments. Some of my LDs were very OBE feeling...but little things like furniture being out of place or not there, or seeing people when they were there in real awakening life, or reading something and than seeing upon awakening it was totally different or not even there makes me believe its a LD. But...other times and experiences Ill admit were APish. So Im totally not dismissing APing as a OBE experience as Im not atheistic and dont have a "hell bent attitude of disproving anything spiritual". However I am not spiritual in the sense of new age, metaphyiscal, and religion. My only fasination is...does consciousness continue after death? This is where AP comes in to helping a person get clues on that.

I was always under the impression based on research, readings, and experiences that AP is a projection of a non-physical body into either physical world or non-physical world of a higher frequency. It seems AP has been getting more new ageish in recent years hehe.

Yeah...I heard that theory often that when we sleep our "consciousness" (sorry I don't like to use the word spirit or soul as I'm not religious) linger over or under our body and we're not conscious of it. That could be true. Just like some believe astral projection is a higher form of lucid dreaming and nothing else...some people believe the opposite and that lucid dreaming is the lowest form of astral projection. That there's a plane where dreams occur both lucid and non-lucid where disembodied spirits can travel back and forth from.

I dont have a whole lot of problem LDing if I put the effort into it (techniques, WBTB, etc) but APing from the mindset of "consciousness out of body traveling the physical" I never experienced at least none that I could feel is actually OBE. I think my biggest problem is...it takes a lot for me to believe lol. I took me a long while and many LDs to believe I could LD. I never could just "follow someone or something and just believe". So well see.

Thank you for your post. Take care for now.

Szaxx

Anthony, what kinds of experiences have you had regarding phaseing?
You comments on the RTZ are text book copies of that already documented. They are a basic non physical experience that are prominent at the earliest stages of development. You do make some good comments on the reality of it but have never mentioned clairvoyant 'dreams'. Should you experience just one of these your mind would be made up to the reality of it all.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

martydee

Does this mean, Lionheart, that phasing can be attempted at any time of the day? Even if one isn't sleepy?

Lionheart

Quote from: martydee on June 13, 2013, 14:24:01
Does this mean, Lionheart, that phasing can be attempted at any time of the day? Even if one isn't sleepy?
Yes! :-)

Astralzombie

It's not enough to be aware that there are perceived differences in LDing and APing and then try to see the differences for yourself. You must believe there is a difference to see it. I'm not saying you have to be willing to make a fool out of yourself and start believing some silly stuff. Just believe that there is a difference even if it's minuscule.

If you really want to see the differences, you will not see them proven in some lab with our current understanding and technology either. Some things are just beyond that. If believing that there is an objective difference upsets you or your afraid that you will look foolish for accepting that there are some things that exist that we can't prove in science, you will have a hard time seeing the proof no matter where you look.

I'll just say it. I don't like to use the term astral but there is a NPR with beings or whatnot that exist independently of our own consciousness and we can interact with them there. I denied this all for the longest time until denying was crazier than just accepting. Thankfully, the world kept spinning.

Good luck to all.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain