So Close...help?

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaki

I hate to start another help thread, but I'm hoping someone can give me personalized guidance. I'm really close (I think) to projecting consciously, but can't get that last step. I have a couple questions.

I can get my feet/legs "out", and also my arms, and sometimes I can feel my whole self rise out of my physical body an inch or two with that floating sensation, but I get stuck at that point. What should I do, keep trying to get more "out", or do nothing? I've tried both but obviously something is holding me back.

I can achieve the hypnagogic state within 5/10 minutes, and then ride the border of sleep, bouncing back and forth. Usually I'll feel the first big "pull" of my body trying to go to sleep, and I can come back from it without going to sleep. That's the point where I'm able to lose awareness of my body's position. For example, I know how my physical hands are positioned, but they feel (I mean completely feel) like they're in a different position.

To try to describe that state, it's like, "Yeah yeah, meditating, staying aware...whoa wtf nothing makes sense...oh wow almost fell asleep but I'm back and everything feels light and floaty...cool..." lol

Sometimes I will see a brief flash of a vivid scene (most recently, a dark shoreline with a warship coming towards me from the right), but I can't hold onto the scene. Should I be trying to hold on to the scene, or just let it pass and ignore it?

When I achieve the "floaty" state after recovering from a strong sleep "pull", what would you suggest I do? Also, for those of you who are able to consciously project, how long does it usually take for you to get out of body?

For anyone struggling to get to the state I'm talking about, what works best for me is just focusing entirely on the ringing sound in my head that's always in the background, but only heard if focused on. I just ignore everything else and keep focusing on that ringing, and the state comes pretty quickly.

Thanks!

Astralsuzy

Quote from: Chaki on January 17, 2013, 12:41:07
I can get my feet/legs "out", and also my arms, and sometimes I can feel my whole self rise out of my physical body an inch or two with that floating sensation, but I get stuck at that point. What should I do, keep trying to get more "out", or do nothing? I've tried both but obviously something is holding me back.

I will deal with the first problem.  You are doing well.  Keep at it.  You just need more confidence.  That is how it was with me.  When you know you can do it, it will be very easy.  Keep trying to get further out.  When you are getting out, keep saying, I can do it and keep repeating it.  You should be able to get out.  The more you try to do it, the easier it will get.

Chaki

Thanks Suzy, next time I'm partially out I will keep repeating that in my head: I can do it.

I know once I know exactly what it feels like that I'll be able to replicate it, but that first time...tougher than I thought it would be!

Amorda

I am also at this stage and would love some words of wisdom! :)

Bedeekin

When I first separated I assumed I was just moving physically. I didn't associate what I was doing with anything unusual or spirity.

As soon as I realised what I was seemingly doing... I began to run into problems... that of getting out.

I soon realised that I needn't actually make an active separation because many times I would 'come out' and I wasn't in my bedroom. I would for instance suddenly find myself in the nonphysical as though I was in the middle of something. I have separated many times and was seemingly in conversation with someone/thing... only catching the end of the conversation.

I realised that I just had to 'be there'. So.. .as soon as I felt SP creep up I would instantly bring my hands to my face and rub them together while blowing on them. I don't know where this came from but it worked. It cuts out the sucky, windy, cyclone-like whooshing buzzing sensations that accompany a forced and active separation method.

Other times I just reached out with my nonphysical hand and grabbed whatever it lands on... then I begin to get interested in what Iam touching.. the scene will just 'happen'  and come into being - like a polaroid photograph - and I would be THERE.

Lionheart

Try to focus on getting inner, instead of out of the body.

You are putting too much focus on the body. You are fighting stretching yourself like an elastic/rubberband.

You likely start getting the sensations, the phantom limbs, the spinning. this is when you start to focus on systematically moving each arm/leg out of the body. Which in turns puts the focus back on the body.

This is when you should be keeping your focus as far away as you can. If you are going to separate, just allow it to happen and congratulate yourself when you do. But don't push it to occur. Let it happen naturally.

When I get to that stage, I personally create a beautiful scene that I would like to join. I don't need to see my feet walking in it. I can enjoy it simply as point consciousness. Then when it becomes vivid and real to me, I am already there.

Astralsuzy

It just takes practice and patience for this to work.  When you are able to do it, it is great.  It is an extra skill you can have if other things fail.  It is very easy to do.  You do not have to pull or stretch to get out of your body.  All you need is confidence.  I learnt myself.  I wish I knew earlier how to do it.  Now I just zoom out of myself.  It was hard at first but it got easier.  Now it is extremely easy.  I know I can do it.  If you do not do anything about trying to get all the way out of your body, you are risking the ap to end.