Pioneers in OBE

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazbadan

Lets suppose that in the future scientists prove that APs are real, obes are real, like many others paranormal stuff.

Its great to know that we (well, i am not the we...still learning AP) are pioneers of something that it is rejected but in the future (supposition) will be accepted. Just imagime that future.

People will look back and think: "How stupid i was..i could have learned AP  much earlier if i heard what that spooky friend [:me, you, etc]had to say".

my friends are always joking about me when i speak on ufos, or just sleep paralysys (they don even realise what AP means...never talked abot that...thats damns crazy to them). So, if in the future people prove that such paranormal things are real, theones being joked will be them.

Would be possible for that future to happen? Do you believe that will happen? When? 5 years from now? 10? 100? never?

Of course that we are just beaing the second generation of pioneers...the first ones were the anciente civlizations that used AP(egipcians, etc) and still being using it (xamanic people and lost tribes in Africa, etc).
I love you!

Leannain

who knows maybe in 200,300 years Astral Projection gonna be taught @ schools as a main subject =)

Zante

So far it's been a journey of self-discovery for me. Sure enough if you bring this topic up with random people then at some stage you may be the subject of ridicule and your social life may even undergo unwanted changes. Find people who share an interest in AP and keep in contact with them. Fortunately I have a younger brother (20) who is also actively practicing the exercises listed in Astral Dynamics and the ones suggested on this board. We share our findings and document them accordingly.

I wouldn't hold out for a scientific breakthrough, after all everyone finds out sooner or later and at the end of the day it doesn't really matter. This is about you. Concentrate on helping others and finding answers to the questions you have about yourself.

Those are my thoughts anyway.

patapouf

QuoteOf course that we are just beaing the second generation of pioneers...the first ones were the anciente civlizations that used AP(egipcians, etc) and still being using it (xamanic people and lost tribes in Africa, etc).

To say that OBE as not been discovered yet is mostly cultural. Basically, to say that Colomb is the first one to discover America might be similar (this is why we can presently observe many Amerindians thinking this is a stupid thing). It is mostly the ''modern'' culture that do not really accept  OBE because of the strong influence of the scientific materialist approach.

Telos

Quote from: KazbadanOf course that we are just beaing the second generation of pioneers...the first ones were the anciente civlizations that used AP(egipcians, etc) and still being using it (xamanic people and lost tribes in Africa, etc).

No, we're at least the 1,000,000th generation of pioneers. Even the hominid species that was dominant before we were, the Neanderthals, had burial rituals and left markers around the bodies of the dead, supposedly to guide them to the afterlife. How else would they conceive of the afterlife unless they dreamt similar dreams?

It's so hard for me to fathom how something like this could have been culturally ignored for so long. And why do the shamanic cultures that have embraced dreaming remain distant from technology? Do they roll their eyes at it?  :roll: As if they don't need it, and it is such a silly thing? Is technology anathema to AP, as if embracing technology means accepting comparatively fruitless limitations? If so, why do we at Astral Pulse insist on using the Internet to help us with AP?

Shouldn't we be off it? Instead opting to communicate through AP?

Instead of awakening the world through the internet, shouldn't we be entering each other's dreams? Wouldn't that be more effective? More real?

Nostic

Quote from: KazbadanLets suppose that in the future scientists prove that APs are real, obes are real, like many others paranormal stuff.

Its great to know that we (well, i am not the we...still learning AP) are pioneers of something that it is rejected but in the future (supposition) will be accepted. Just imagime that future.

People will look back and think: "How stupid i was..i could have learned AP  much earlier if i heard what that spooky friend [:me, you, etc]had to say".

my friends are always joking about me when i speak on ufos, or just sleep paralysys (they don even realise what AP means...never talked abot that...thats damns crazy to them). So, if in the future people prove that such paranormal things are real, theones being joked will be them.

Would be possible for that future to happen? Do you believe that will happen? When? 5 years from now? 10? 100? never?

Of course that we are just beaing the second generation of pioneers...the first ones were the anciente civlizations that used AP(egipcians, etc) and still being using it (xamanic people and lost tribes in Africa, etc).

You know, I was actually thinking along these lines not too long ago. I believe that when the world at large finally gets a clue, we'll be so far ahead of them, we will be their teachers. I believe that's inevitable actually.

Frank

Hi:

Within 50 years it will all be done and dusted. In about 20 years the science of Physics will prove that all matter is made of the same base material of consciousness. This will take a few years to sink in. Funny that Telos mentions people meeting in dreams because that is exactly what starts happening.

This is the consciousness shift that will take place. Of course, every religion interprets that the "shift" will be towards them. Don't they always. But religions are set to go out like the dinosours (at last).

Yours,
Frank

Psan

Its surprising that most people are not even aware that western civilization is the last one to accept the idea of a non-physical reality. Its still not officially accepted I guess. So I dont think any one can be called a pioneer there.

West could not make advances in this field due to -
1. Greek influence
2. Christianity
3. Materialism
4. Technology

But it did make great progress in science, which others also did but now that knowledge is lost. Most of the spiritual knowledge of the east got buried below the religions and dying cultures.

The knowledge of non-physical was indeed advanced in India and Tibet and it was taught in schools and universities, it was a way of life. People accepted it as we accept scientific things now. Spiritual people were most respected, even by kings, for they possessed immense knowledge and power.

Sadly, human tendencies and nature took over, but we are starting again in the right direction. :)

stephen~

I can see positive and negative aspects to AP becoming 'fact'.

It ought to make us less greedy, self obsessed, materialistic, and more spiritual, tolerant towards eachother and more relaxed in general. But the fact that you can do anything you like here and can't trully be punished (the threat of a death sentence surely has no sting if it is proven we don't die at all) then what is to stop people inclined to evil to become more so, what do they trully have to lose?

It is possible that we would then get this world, only in an exageratted state - the good and bad in everyone being magnifide.

What of industry, science and education? Our current understanding of the world is that we live a short span, after which we die forever, or we face some kind of heavenly justice which determines our fate from then on. Astral projection sweeps away both death and the religious element (for many, most even?) would we bother even trying to live this earthly life, what would be the point if it is only a brief struggle with better to come after the struggle is over, why struggle now? Why learn anything, why make anything, why bother being human at all? Do we need a cure for cancer, it is costly, there's no point keeping people alive, they are not going to really die in the true sense of the word, let them die, no point in being sentimental about it. What about famine? Don't we have an instinctive sense to help people whatever it may cost us in money, time and well-being. Would that disapear in a world where AP was proven fact?

AP seems to take away the obvious sting of death, which on the surface seems to be a good thing. I just wonder if we will lose something of our humanity if this became factual public knowledge.

Maybe we are not meant to get too close to the truth because it changes the game so much, perhaps that is why AP is so difficult.

Kazbadan

Stephen, maybe in that future people will find too that if they dont care about their lives, tehy will go to a bad plane.

Maybe that the way or the reason for people still fighting for enlightment.

Many people (budhists, APers, etc) think that there are higher and lower planes. Low karma (i mean, bad actions) leads to lower planes of existence (commonly called hell) and high karma wil lead to "heaven".

That same people think that there are many "good" planes but in order to ascend on them (i mean: jump from "good heaven" to "very good heaven" and so on) you need to develop yourself.

Frank: i´ve thought on that too. I think that in the future there will be new einsteins saying not that space and time are the same, but that matter, energy and thoughts are the same thing.

I am really curious about our future as humans, our future within 100 or 100000 years.

Its interesting to know that...will it be a Sci-Fi future like in Star Wars or Isaac Asimov books? will it be a spiritual civilization? will we be merged in biological computers (a little like matrix movie but in a more complex way)?
I love you!

Telos

I'm going to go pioneering.

Instead of communicating with the rest of you about AP through this forum, I'm going to do it within the astral proper.

My advancements have been slow, I believe, because of attempts to assign words to the experience (i.e., I do not pursue methods of phasing that do not advance our abilities to linguistically describe the traversal). The goal has always been to help the astral become available to others. But if the astral is really what we build it up to be, then this forum must become archaic.

I'll be posting here less, given that I'll already be communicating with you elsewhere.

See you.

AndrewTheSinger

I'm sorry, it's with great displeasure that I tell you this, but our planet was already destroyed, it came to a point where no human life could stand the harsh environmental conditions. We're physically just acting the story that was already written, cause like the light from the stars that takes many ages to reach us and tell us what happened we're still too far away from the starting point to perceive it. Our dream existence enables us to go beyond and rewrite the whole story. We're actually living in the future already, this is a preview, the present is not here. You will recognize the present, it is pure perfection and stability.
Where does this silence come from?

The untold past of the Earth: http://hiddenhistory.awardspace.com

Frank

Telos:

I wish you every success in your ventures.

Stay in touch as necessary, PM for email if need be.

Yours,
Frank

Telos

AndrewTheSinger, your post made absolutely no practical sense, which only confirms that my motives are sound. Don't worry, I've been meaning to visit Brazil.

No need to mention it, Frank. I won't really be leaving.

Nostic

Quote from: TelosI'm going to go pioneering.

Instead of communicating with the rest of you about AP through this forum, I'm going to do it within the astral proper.

My advancements have been slow, I believe, because of attempts to assign words to the experience (i.e., I do not pursue methods of phasing that do not advance our abilities to linguistically describe the traversal). The goal has always been to help the astral become available to others. But if the astral is really what we build it up to be, then this forum must become archaic.

I'll be posting here less, given that I'll already be communicating with you elsewhere.

See you.

With a bit more detail, can you tell us what brought you to this decision Telos?

AndrewTheSinger

Telos, all I'm saying is that we are in the future right now. I know it is hard to conceive it, but if this was the present then it would last forever. You can visit the future and you can see the past, but the present is all there is. We're the passerbyes right now.

There is not just one single future. There are many futures, the future of possibilities is a concrete place that you can visit, and there are many possibilities. The future we live now is also a possibility, if we dont take good care of our present then this it what it will become. So this future is indeed a gift, a present. It is our precious chance to learn all the mistakes that we've made and where they've led us. This is the knowledge that makes our present a perfect place to be.

Telos

Nostic, you'll be the first one I'll try to visit.

Andrew, your double-talk is poetic if naively despicable. Your bastardization of meaning, although acceptably conversational in new age culture, is better suited to a one-way channel of communication that requires faith-based acceptance from the reader and escapes criticism. When you want to walk the walk of a philosophy that is not a beguiling coping mechanism, you'll realize that your evangelism is misplaced.

[Edit: In the meantime you could make a killing selling self-help books.]

Nostic

Quote from: TelosNostic, you'll be the first one I'll try to visit.

See u in teh astral then.   :)

AndrewTheSinger

Telos, I agree with you.