Please! No one will help me and I really need it!

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Difficulties, yes, very normal. Sometimes it can take years before you achieve the correct degree of understanding. I suppose one day someone will invent a pill for it, but for now it takes lots of practice. Perhaps the realisation that you project every night in your sleep may help you. In the sense that it's not a question of you not being able to leave your body. The real question is, how can you be mentally awake and alert while you do so.

For a number of basic, more traditional AP techniques the book Astral Dynamics is the current number one. For info on the (some say easier) more modern day Phasing approach then Bruce Moen's work I'm sure will offer you some pointers. As will a search through this BBS.

You didn't say in your post what it was you wanted to do, exactly. Naturally, I read what you say about wanting to leave your physical body. But to go where? Is what I am asking. Reason why I ask is because Intent is a strong driving force within the Astral. If you could please fill me in a little more as to who, or where, it is you are trying to connect then I'm sure I could advise further.

Yours,
Frank

auraseer

Hi,
MsAmericanPie, I am now using a technique before I go to bed. I have been using it for 5 days and have had 1 lucid dream. This is pretty good considering what it is.
Here it is:
Lie on your back. Focus on your breathing and close your eyes. Totally relax. On the in breath, visualize you are climbing a long(and i mean LONG)ladder. On the out breath, visualize you falling down the ladder and into the darkness. This will not hurt you as it is only visualizing. Do this for about 5 minutes. Eventually, you will do this visualizing without thinking. Now just forget about the technique and fall asleep letting your mind do the technique without you thinking.
Do this every night for a week and you will get to a stage where you know you are dreaming(Lucid). Say in your mind "Walk forwards" or "Fly up" depending what you are doing or where you are. You will do what your mind says.

Cya,
auraseer.

Please visit my website at http://www.geocities.com/kitechniques

Thou rage overcomes, Thy fate is near.

The energy is inside all of us... you just have to let it out.

Donna

quote:
Originally posted by MsAmericanPie:
hi, my name is Lauren. I am learning how to astral travel, but am having great difficulty with leaving the body. Is this normal? All the conditions are correct, that I have been assured of that. I can easily relax my physical body. Does it just take practice to leave? How can I get out of my body? I can't give up, it really means a lot to me to be able to connect or, should I say, disconnect? with my spiritual self. However, it is extremely frustrating when I can't leave my body! Help! You can also email me at MsAmericanPie200@comcast.net

Hi Lauren,
Many lately on this forum have achieved an astral experience by using their imagination, with guided intent. Though the importance of "intent" is stressed over and over, perhaps giving an example will help. You can relax your body and say the condions are right (quiet, phone unplugged, on one expected at the door..).
Now imagine your consciousness as an oval cloud (seed shaped) in front of you and about three feet away. Imagine yourself exploring your surroundings. Send this cloud containing your consciousness 15 ft. to your right, what do you "see" in your imagination?  Now send it 15 ft. to your left again imagine what you see, picturing in your mind as you send your consciousness there. This is a short exercise, but it trains your subconscious self to experience what your intent  is. Communicating with the subconscious mind is our ticket to success. Often I write that "I want to leave my body and go to such and such a destination", this directs my subconscious mind to achieve this. I then read this out loud, and then put it aside before I begin my phasing meditation. This is why meditation is so important, body asleep-mind awake, we are able to communicate with our subconscious and direct it to achieve our "intent". Not losing that focus of mind, but remaining  intent on our objective is vital.
Donna

MsAmericanPie

hi, my name is Lauren. I am learning how to astral travel, but am having great difficulty with leaving the body. Is this normal? All the conditions are correct, that I have been assured of that. I can easily relax my physical body. Does it just take practice to leave? How can I get out of my body? I can't give up, it really means a lot to me to be able to connect or, should I say, disconnect? with my spiritual self. However, it is extremely frustrating when I can't leave my body! Help! You can also email me at MsAmericanPie200@comcast.net