please recommend some essential oil blends that aid AP

Previous topic - Next topic

jason

The musical conciousness is mind beneath the sun.

Eol007

Hi,

I use essential oils quite regularly... although more for skin treatment, bathing, deep relaxation and meditation.

I can't say that any have made a difference to OBE success or not, but here are some brief observations off the top of my head.

Normally I use a water base for the diffuser rather than a direct heat aromatherapy lamp and around ½ doz drops for single oil and 3-4 drops of each for mixtures (dependent on the strength of the oil).

Lavender – in small quantities – I find that over use or too high a concentration leads to fuzzy thinking and sleep! Just a few drops – perhaps mixed with more stimulating oil e.g. lemon, orange, Neroli etc.

I would not tend to use oils like Eucalyptus or tea tree for this sort of practice.

I have used both oil and gum/resin variants of Frankincense and myrrh to good effect, but more for deeper soul connection meditation/attunement rather than OBE

I have tried Spikenard oil a couple of times during a shared meditation. Be warned this is a very powerful essence and equally expensive. Use it for special occasions... good for very deep heart/soul work.

As goes with the name I find Clary Sage – good for clairvoyance and spirit communication... and it has helped with OBE. However I would tend to advise moderate use.

Same goes with Geranium... this can be a bit strong, so please be judicious with the amount you use.

I find Sandalwood is clearing and balancing.

Pine seems good for clearing space – but if you don't like pine disinfectant then don't bother!

Rosemary – again good for clearing space

Patchouli – no effect for meditation for me anyhow

May Chang and Yang Yang - more for chill out or intimate times

Lemongrass – clearing and uplifting, but very strong so use in small quantities.

Clove - not for OBE or meditation work

Japanese oil of peppermint - Clearing, but very strong so use carefully.

Best,

Stephen

Frank

Selski

I've just become a new convert to essential oils, due to Stephen and Frank's posts.

I love the sound of Clary Sage, although I haven't a clue what it smells like (I guess it's like sage), and with regard to Sandalwood - it's one of my favourite smells.  Whenever I see a shower gel with the word "Sandalwood" on the front, I have to buy it, but I never knew it was available as an essential oil.

Luckily, this weekend, we are visiting my bro-in-law's health shop "up north", so that's two things on the shopping list so far...!

I doubt I'll be buying clove - the smell reminds me of visits to the dentist!!  :cry:

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Rastus

I like Sandlewood, very powerful for me.  Very expensive also, but true essential oil makes regular incense smell like......something else.  I like cinnamon as well.

Try finding a good new age shop in your area, most have samplers you can smell at the store.  If it 'stinks there' it will stink at home  :P
There is a physical limitation upon how much light a human body can sustain. Interestingly, there is no limit on how much light a human vessel can generate. When fully enlightened you must instill your light in order to maintain its wisdom.

Eol007

Hi,

Probably one of the best sources in the UK for essential oils etc are Amphora Aromatics try: http://amphora-aromatics.com/

I believe they take international and bulk/trade orders as well.

Best,

Stephen