Asking for advice.

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacratto

I think i'm stuck. As soon as i start feeling the buzzing sound and feeling the vibrations all over my body, i get too excited and swap back into normal state.
I get into this state frequently, specially after naps. I'm wondering... I get my body "energized" doing the Vehram Technique. Have i reached sleep paralysis? Cause while in the vibrational state i still feel movement from my body. Should i try just moving? I'm not sure if doing this is going to move my physical body too and just making me snap out of it. How can i know when i've reached sleep paralysis?

personalreality

Sleep paralysis is not what you're going for.  You want to shoot for something more like dissociation from the body.  You essentially want to be so focused on inner realms that you "forget" about your body.  In sleep paralysis you are often very focus on the external because......well because sleep paralysis is freaking scary.
be awesome.

Bacratto

Thanks for the quick answer personalreality. How can i focus myself on moving my consciousness out of my physical body?

personalreality

All I can tell you is how I do it, my way may not work for you though.  But I can say that I too felt very close for a long time in my practice with no ultimate success.  In hindsight I have discovered that the way I was doing it was almost the complete opposite of what I do now.

The way I do it has been referred to as a "zen" method, which basically means you don't do anything really.  It's similar to Frank's phasing method to a point.  When I project I just lay down and do trance induction, the falling sensation.  Robert Bruce talks about visualizing falling while also creating a type of sense memory in your body of what it feels like to fall.  In my trance practice (about a year of trance work) I have figured out the mental action I perform to create the falling sensation in my body, so I don't have to visualize myself falling anymore.  And this is a good thing for me.  I do trance induction but I don't try to hold on to awareness.  I let my awareness fall as well.  What this does to my mind is create a single-minded focus.  As my mind starts to drift down I will at some point stop the trance induction, mostly because my awareness is so focused that I can't maintain the mental action.  I do not keep myself awake though,  I keep letting my mind fall as if I were trying to go to sleep.  At some point I do doze off into a really light sleep, but it's more accurately a state of flickering consciousness.  I flick back and forth between awareness and unawareness.  On one of the awareness flicks I find that my consciousness seems to be buzzing.  I wouldn't necessarily call it vibration, but I can feel/hear buzzing.  At this point I intend to raise up.  It feels more like a reflex than an intent really.  As I raise up the buzzing gets progressively more intense.  Right before I exit the buzzing can be so intense that it causes an internal tickle that has made me back out of the projection before.  But if I push through it I'm out immediately after that high point in buzzing.  It is at this point (once I've buzzed just beyond my body) that I use the roll-out or stand up methods to completely separate from my body.  And I'm out.

be awesome.

Bacratto

Wow. I deeply thank you for taking your time helping and sharing your personal experience with me. I'm now eager on trying different techniques until one hits the target!

All i can say is i'm continuing practicing. You've taken some time learning how to OOBE and mastering your own way of doing it. I guess the best for me now is to continue learning and reading until i find a technique that suits me.

Thank you very much personalreality.

personalreality

My technique came out of a lot of practice on other theories.  I would say I got the most help from Frank's posts about phasing and Robert Peterson's first book (Out of Body Experiences: How to have them and what to expect).  That was what helped me actually get out of the body for the first time.  I used Robert Bruce's energy work and trance techniques to better my energy system and induce trance. 

In the end, what happens in your mind is impossible for someone else to really write about.  If you start trying a lot of different things you'll make progress.  One day something you do will get you a little further along, then something else will get you a little further, etc.etc.  That's how it goes.
be awesome.

Tiny

Dear Bacratoo,

perhaps deepening the trance will dampen that excitement.
If you don't know how to deepen trance -

focus on your environment, if there are sounds focus on them, if there are not, simply pretend or expect to hear something.

For projection it is not necessary to wait for energy sensations in order to exit. Once I am in the write state that is - being loose enough, I shoot straight and fast out of from my forehead that way I can avoid a lot of distracting sensations. All I get is the sound of wind rushing by my ears as like on a motorbike, i love it.

kind regards,

Paul
"He never speaks but he understands thinks higher than a manHes living in The northern lights In winter everlasting He travels around Big drum in his hand And he knows what you have in your mind Theres always wolf within That leads him down And back home"

Xanth

Quote from: Bacratto on April 03, 2010, 18:40:44
I think i'm stuck. As soon as i start feeling the buzzing sound and feeling the vibrations all over my body, i get too excited and swap back into normal state.
I get into this state frequently, specially after naps. I'm wondering... I get my body "energized" doing the Vehram Technique. Have i reached sleep paralysis? Cause while in the vibrational state i still feel movement from my body. Should i try just moving? I'm not sure if doing this is going to move my physical body too and just making me snap out of it. How can i know when i've reached sleep paralysis?
You're definitely making progress.  :)
The issue I'm seeing with your description is that you're feeling the vibrations and it's bringing your awareness back to your physical body... hence snapping you back.
Acknowledge the vibrations, but try to keep an attitude of "vibrations, yeah, alright... whatever..."... then just accept them and move onto noticing other stuff.

In short... just ignore them, they're a sign post only.  :)

Manuel Ortega Campa

We're together on this. Who's going to make it first? ;] :-)