Positioning when phasing/projecting

Previous topic - Next topic

LunarKismet

Hey, first post. Whee!
I'm sure this question is asked often, but I'm a bit at a loss with my own explanations and now turn to you guys for help. Basically, in terms of my progress, I am 100% confident in my abilities to be able to phase/project/whathaveyou if I can simply get over one single hump that has plagued me for over 2 years: Position.

If I lay on my back, I itch and am uncomfortable and just can't relax. If I lay on my side, I fall asleep and just can't relax due to the fact that laying on my own body parts (eg, arms) brings too much attention to them for me to lose awareness of them. I can't lay on my stomach because that just hurts. I've noticed that when reclining, such as in a lazy boy, I get the best results and no relaxation issues, but I don't happen to own a recliner of any kind, so that's not particularly an option.

So, what positions do you all usually use, and what might you suggest for me?

Psan

Best thing to do is, if a recliner helps, buy one...

As with everything in AP, balance is the keyword. Your position should not be too comfortable or nor too uncomfortable. For most people, its lying on the back.
If you find it uncomfortable, experiment with other positions, like using many pillows to lie half seated etc.

Training oneself to remain in one position for say an hour without moving and making it painful, is the last option. And its the best. Training conditions the body and once it becomes a habit, you are past your first hurdle.

Things are more difficult from this point onwards....

Stookie

I remember when I was starting it was difficult laying on my back. I'm a side-sleeper. But I felt this was my best option, so I did all my practicing on my back. Slowly over a few weeks, I got more and more used to it and could relax into it. The great thing about this is that it created some great mental conditioning: Laying on my back = projection. Laying on my side = sleep.

I rarely have spontaneous projections, but when I do, I'm normally surprised to find I was unintentionally sleeping on my back.

LunarKismet

QuoteThe great thing about this is that it created some great mental conditioning: Laying on my back = projection. Laying on my side = sleep.

That's enough to keep me on my back. Thanks, Stookie. Makes wonderful sense.

SilverSlider

I completely agree, Stookie. After doing all my trance work on my back if I try to fall asleep lying on my back I just move into a trance and don't fall asleep.

I've started trying out laying out a blanket folded onto itself then laying on my back with my head on a pillow, which doesn't let me fall asleep but I am relaxed enough to move into a trance state.

ka0s

Mostly all of my projections have occurred while lying on my back. I wonder why that is...I can never fall asleep on my back so that may be the reason why. I agree with Psan in the position should not be extremely comfortable but not so you can easily fall fast asleep.
I wandered slowly there
I saw a field where a thousand corpses lie
Angels sang the hymn of the end
About monsters which they fought
Over our world