possible kundalini experience

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyHarper

Sounds that it is definantly the Kundalini.

With what I've learned with the Kundalini, is that there are a number of experiences, various strengths and speeds you can experience.

Greytraveller

Yes rodentmouse that Was a kundalini experience.[:O]
During yoga the various chakras tend to go back into proper alignment. This facilitates a channeling of Kundalini energy up the spine toward the head. If those chakras are aligned just right then that energy rush can be dramatic.
I had this same thing happen about three weeks ago during hatha yoga. It nearly overpowered and me and knocked me down. Yet it only lasted for a minute or two.

Chris908

Listen seriously I know alot of these new age websites and esoteric eastern religious sects embrace the idea of a kundalini arousal, and it's involvement with the bioenergetic effects of the chakra centers and the human nervous system(and how by activating the various chakra centers you can activate previously dormant parts of the human brain, and supposedly become more (spiritually evolved, and enlightened)...

However I've dabbled quite extensively with this stuff.  Astral travel techniques, meditation,energy body work..the point is I think it can have very destructive consequences.
Yes it can work...but it can also drive you mad in a sense. It can make living a normal life very difficult because it can become extremely disruptive. For example back in 1998, I think I had a massive kundalini energy uprising all the way to the crown chakra. a Forget about trying to astral travel,I had tried for months and months, and when it came on it really did powerfully. The OBE's kept spontaneously happening all day uncontrollably day after day week after week. What I'm trying to explain is that once the third eye chakra is activated with kundalini energy your not entirely of this world anymore. Your soul resides in this dimension attached to the body through the silver cord, however when the third eye chakra is opened there is a exit to other unseen inner dimensions as well. A s a result the soul mind tries to eject from the body at the most inconvenient times at it's OWN will into these other dimensions. The soul mind(pure emotions) wants it's way basically to leave if let's say your depressed or something, and if it wants to project while your wide awake while your in the middle of a classrooom taking notes for an exam for example, well you can forget about your notes because the projection will automatically occur. Many people are depressed and don't leave their bodies while fully awake, but that's because the kundalini energy hasn't activated their third eye, and crown chakras, so the third eye isn't opened and activated so their is no exit point for them regardless of how depressed they become.

What I'm trying to say is be careful. It took me years to gain any level of control over this thing once I opened my third eye chakra.
Occassionally I still have problems even. Astral travel in fact is one of the siddhis or supposed supernatural powers of the yogis in the east, however Siddartha Gautama(Buddha) advised against using them if they did develop. I agree with him.

Paul_kcn

Activating the kundalina can be dangerous, yes...but its not just a one night thing. It can take YEARS of hard work to even think about doing it. the horror stories can be true, but usually those are people that are either inexperienced, Or didnt take the required precautions o_o Yeah..

smilecollecter

What are the nessasary precautions for working with kundalini energy?  Can a person stimulating their amygdalas (in the third eye area) bring a full kundalini experience to pass even though that is not the intent?

RoyHarper

quote:
Originally posted by smilecollecter

What are the nessasary precautions for working with kundalini energy?  

Ask a thousand people and you'll get a thousand answers varying from no preperation to lifetimes of dedication.  Somewhere in between the middle lies the best option.  

In general those who brought on the Kundalini spontaneously had no preparation and usually had problems.  Yet there is the odd case of an individual awakening the force, with sufficient preparation (debateble) and suffering consequences.

If we think of Kundalini simply as a large source of energy that can cause neurological changes, it is quite dependant on where this energy is being directed.  In general all preparation for the Kundalini revolves around dissolving negative thought patterns and reinforcing positive ones.  Quite obviously this ties into the use of the amygdalas and frontal lobes (whether these are the exact structures is irrelevant).  Time and time again, those who benefited from the Kundalini had these centers already activated, whether through creativity, love, the christ conciousness (secular or not), etc.

quote:
Can a person stimulating their amygdalas (in the third eye area) bring a full kundalini experience to pass even though that is not the intent?

Yes, but it is very rare.  Spontaneous full awakening usual comes from high amounts of stress.  I'm still not sure of all the mechanisms here, but it usually requires a life threatening situation that can bring on emotional and thought pattern changes.

On the other hand you can quite easily experience what I call a minor Kundalini.  This brings on sometimes quite strong physical feelings, but is only a fraction the size of a major raising.  As a result fewer side effects, good or bad, are seen.  Many people have encountered this without recognizing it since it can be as subtle as a tiny warmthness up the spine.  Yet at other times the pressure can be so high that it can cause migraine like sensations.  Many writers when refering to the Kundalini, are talking about this experience.  Let us not confuse this with the electrical firestorm of a full and speeding Kundalini.

Truth be told, nothing can really prepare you when the time comes.  There is no experience that can even compare, psychedelics are like child's play in comparison.

Although with my latest research and experiences, I've noted that to become enlightened you must first be enlightened.  To do so, the use of your frontal lobes will come into play.  In my opinion, this is most important key to direct this energy.  To awaken it is another story though.  I would not worry or fear the Kundalini, for that is what will cause you problems.  

Everyone wants a spiritual experience, until they experience one.

KP

I don't have much experience with kundalini.  Just 3 months or so.

Some wonderful feelings of happiness so far.  But also some feelings of just being very out of place, where I usually move away from people and meditate until the mood changes.  I think it's better to be alone when you're not feeling too good, unless you have some close friends/family who will understand and give love.

It helps me a lot to stay as aware/conscious as possible, the things that Osho teaches have been great help.  To be innocent and aware.

smilecollecter

Thank you Roy Harper for setting my mind to rest.  It always helps to have knowlege about something that can affect our lives so greatly.  I always pray before I do any energy work, go anywhere etc. (not out of fear) but, because it works and I know that our thought, words, and action creates our realities.  So, therefore, I'll just keep going in the direction I'm going and trust that the Holy Spirit in me will control the kundalini for my benifit.  Since doing energy work (from Astral Dynanmics) my intuition has improved considerably and since stimulateing the amygdalas I had my first (that I recognize) future dream. I needed a winch for a project that I'm working on and I asked my youngest son if he knew where I could get a used one,  He said yes, that my 1st born son had one in his junk pile and said Daniel would probably sell it to me.  I hung up and went to do my meditation and sometime during the meditation I went to the dream state (fell asleep) and in the dream I asked my son the question about buying the winch.(It seemed so real)  In the dream he said no.  I woke up and a couple of hours later and called to ask Daniel about the winch and he said no which surprised me since he's always short of cash.  It didn't bother me that he said no...in fact it pleased me because of the dream.  I've experienced many other supernatural things in my life but it's great to have the knowlege to put it all together and see the extrordinary power that our Creator put within us.

Thing

You guys are talking about energys and charkas or whatever, right ? i still have to learn about that hehe.

veliki grizli

rodentmouse

Where did you find the techniques. Did you first practised chackra work.

Lasher

quote:
Originally posted by RoyHarper
I've noted that to become enlightened you must first be enlightened.

What is that???
A zen koan???

Lasher

rodentmouse

veliki,  i practised the  5 tibetans,   which  are 5 yoga exercises  which are designed to strengthen and make the  spine more flexible.

the breathing on  the  fifth  exericise  goes from the base of the spine to the crown,  this is  the only  tibetan  where i can  do  the movement  in  rhythm  to  my  breath,  the others i  am still  working on.    

the  exercises  are in a book  called  (coincidentaly  enough)  "the  five tibetans".   But  they are also  on http://www.thiaoouba.com   but  the  diagrams and explanations are  a bit  crude.

i  think  learning  Roberts  mobile  body awareness  tecnique is great  for  energy/chakra  work..  

veliki grizli

rodentmouse
I think I have the book about 5 tibetans but I am not sure.
Is the fitst exercise (tibetan) about rotating around?

rodentmouse

yes veliki,  you stand  on the spot  and  spin  around with your  arms out  for the first tibetan.

you  do  each of  the  tibetans  21  times.

the  version i have  is  by a  Christopher S. Kilham

veliki grizli

Did you reach 21,And how long did you practise these tibetans.

I have that book , and main purpose of this book is to extend your life. That book wright a man who searched for immortality.

But I have some other books.One is: Richard Hittleman : 30 day yoga meditation plan , and second is:Svami Satjananda Sarasvati: Kundalini tantra.

This second book gives 4 techniques for each chackra. Each chackra is trained separately and needs one month of training one our a day ,  this together is 7 months.

I dont know what kind of exercise(method) of this three exercises to start?

RoyHarper

quote:
What is that???
A zen koan???

Not paticularly.

Simply put, the force of Kundalini is directed by the use of your brain.  This is in turn a reflection of your thoughts.  One set of thoughts would bring about enlightenment, the other would bring about insanity.

rodentmouse

veliki   it  depends   on  what  you  want  to acheive?  

is it just fitness?  
if  so  i dont know,  i   dont  know much about  yoga  but i intend to  start  soon,  i need to  decide  which  postures  to  incorporate into my routine,  i dont have time  for all the ones  in  my  yoga  book.

ive been doing  the  tibetans  for  about 8 months,  its  best to work  your way  up  to doing  21,  i   did  10  to  start with,  then  went up  gradually  each week.

so  far  ive only noticed my  strength  increase,  apart  from   this  and  a  feeling  of  freshness  after them,  i  have not  noticed  any  of the other  benefits  of them.

Terry B

Hatha yoga by Andre van Lysebneth have a good choice of exercise.

Greytraveller

Kundalini is a more personal energy than other forms of energy. Kundalini is identified with fire because Kundalini is apt to shoot up the spine straight to the head like a roaring flame.
   Kundalini can be controlled by certain forms of yoga like raja (kundalini) yoga, hatha (physical) yoga and pranayama (breathing exercises). Kundalini can provide a nearly limitless supply of power yet it can be unpredictable and even dangerous if a person tries to advance and 'master' it too fast. So patience and caution is advised!

RoyHarper

Kundalini is identified with fire, not because of the speed but because of the intense heat that can be created.  Problems do not arise from 'mastering' it quickly.  Most all serious problems were due to a lack of of mastering or spontaneous awakening.  With the proper mindset, you will rarely encounter problems.

Tayesin

Yes, it was a Kundalini experience, a quick flash.  The power that resides within us at the base of our spine, is enormous.  To bring it up the channel to the third eye or higher chakra, on purpose, is to accept the massive responsibility that is partner to the whole experience's gifts.  I would advise caution, although I sense that the reason why you had this flash was more as a reminder of your spirit.  Many of us have done these things before, given where we are heading in the world and the probable future we are about to experience, it is no surprise that more souls are preparing for the step to Empowerment.

Kundalini power can force your physical body to do something you do not want it to.  The responsibility is learning the control of it so that it does not destroy you and the life you lead.  It does have the power to do so and you must be aware of it.  

Raising the Kundalini is best done with Guidance, and not necessarily from another human.  The best Guidance is your own, so knowing and working with your Guidance will be the most important step in preparation.  And preparation is the key to surviving this experience.  In the old times, we had a saying about the Kundalini energy, "show no fear lest the dragon eat you."  That serpent/dragon/kundalini is the most powerful energy that we have at our physical disposal and it is a tough taskmaster

Many years ago an old english woman told me, "our institutions have many people locked away in them, who have had a sudden and uncalled Kundalini raising.  It can fry your mind if you can't control it."

I have been slowly learning to master this awesome gift for the past 5 years and even though I have dome it in three other lives over the past 5 thousand years, it is no easier this time.  So I ask you to think well on what you choose, and take the time to get to know your Guides and Self well, before choosing to do it.  It is a hard way that you would be choosing, and at the same time it is the most exciting life to have.  With the ability to tap into the power when you choose, you can and will make things happen in the 'real world', so there lies the responsibility.

That's all I have to share so thank you.  Love always.

RoyHarper

quote:
Originally posted by Tayesin
The best Guidance is your own, so knowing and working with your Guidance will be the most important step in preparation.  

Well put, I've learned far more from myself and experience than any book, article or discussion on the Kundalini.  Then again, most of what's writen is pure giberish.

Tayesin

quote:
Originally posted by RoyHarper

Well put, I've learned far more from myself and experience than any book, article or discussion on the Kundalini.  Then again, most of what's writen is pure giberish.
[/quote]

Thank you Roy.  It is refreshing to see another being who understands as you do. There is no substitue for experience, books can't do it for you, other people can't do it for you, so that leaves you to experience it for your Self. It's simple. Wish more people would get out of belief system mode and come to know from experience.  Love always.

rodentmouse

hello good people :D

i was in a  fairly deep trance last night, i felt dissasociated from my body,  i had been  practising  the 5 tibetan  yoga exerices before hand which left  the base of my spine feeling  quite warm when id finished.

anyway,  during  the trance i  became aware of  the base of  my spine- this  was ok and  normal, i just thought my  base chakra needed  stimulating.  AT THE SAME TIME i was focusing on my base, i  began  focusing on  my crown,  so at this time i was aware of my  crown and base chakras simultaneously.

when i made  this connection a burst of energy  hit me  like a train, it roared up through my body  and it  was incredibly intense.

i remembered reading  one  of the tell tale signs  ive read about kundalini,  which is a  sharp  feeling of  heat coming from the base of the spine-  i felt this,  it  was definatly  hot.

the  shock  of it lasted for about   2 minuites,  after that i couldnt  relax anymore so i got up.

the next day,  i  was feeling  more mentally calm than i usually do.

that  about  wraps  it up.

it  may  or may not  have been a  kundalini arousal,  but if it  was it   was only a short burst and not  a  complete arousal,  this is because i didnt feel  any  more enlightened  because of it-  like  Gopi  Krishna  describes in  his book "kundalini, the evolutioanry energy in man"

if  the experience had nothing to do with kundalini arousal,  then ill  nail it down  to  becoming aware of  my  body instantly  after a  long feeling of dissasociation from it.   (lke  the times  when  you feel  you "hit"  your body after being carried away  in a train of thoughts  when you suddenly  become  fully aware of  your mind and body at the  same time).

its a little  easier now  to image  what  a  full arousal  must be like,  if  mine  was  just a short burst  which made my  body  shake and  tremble,  the real  thing  must  be  quite  an  incredible experience.