Possible to reduce sleep paralysis symptoms?

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterJingo

Hi all,

Over the past year or so sleep paralysis (which I usually use to OBE) has changed for me. Before it would be normal paralysis and energy sensations, which I would use tactile visualisations to go out of body. But the recent changes are stopping me from projecting as they do induce a reflex fear reaction. Sleep paralysis now (if I go with the flow and try not to break it) induces very 'heavy' energy sensations. My body awareness feels pulled away and my mind seems to 'slide' as tremendous pressure seems to be crushing me down and backwards. I use crushing not in the sense of pain, just in the sensation of tremendous pressure. It feels like I'm sinking into myself under the weight. As it gets more pronounced I find it hard to not get a fear reaction and pull myself out of it, breaking the paralysis too. Although if I don't move to much I can easily induce the paralysis and energy sensations again. On some occasions my mind feels stretched during this state, sometimes seemingly across to infinity.
I generally feel this kind of paralysis/energy sensation after becoming immersed in an hypnopompic scenario - during the scenario I feel the potential for the paralysis state and move towards it.

Has anyone experienced similar sensations or have any tips/methods on reducing their severity? I've been experiencing SP for over 20 years so the state usually holds no fear for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

fost500

Have you ever tried projecting using this "pressure". It sounds like somethin i read on the jonasridgeway website. You should imagine the pressure is pushing your astral body out of your physical though the bed. I think he calls it the gravity release method or something of that variety
Death is only tragic for those who get left behind

MisterJingo

Quote from: fost500Have you ever tried projecting using this "pressure". It sounds like somethin i read on the jonasridgeway website. You should imagine the pressure is pushing your astral body out of your physical though the bed. I think he calls it the gravity release method or something of that variety

This is something I haven't tried. I'll take a look at this guys website and find out more about it. Thanks!

cube

The best way to deal with heavy sleep paralysis symptoms is to use it to project. SP is an excellent state to project from using deep breathing. I give a method I use to project using SP pretty much evey morning here:

http://www.saltcube.com/?t=paralysis
OBE Guide: www.saltcube.com/obe-guide/
Find APers near you: www.saltcube.com/nearMe
Bimonthly OBE Newsletter: www.saltcube.com/?t=newsletter

MisterJingo

Quote from: cubeThe best way to deal with heavy sleep paralysis symptoms is to use it to project. SP is an excellent state to project from using deep breathing. I give a method I use to project using SP pretty much evey morning here:

http://www.saltcube.com/?t=paralysis

Thanks for the reply. I've always used paralysis to project, usually when I find myself in an SP state I'd simply have to 'rock' from side to side or up and down, this would increase the vibrational state until I could roll out onto the floor. But since the heavier symptoms started occurring this fear reaction kicks in and stops this process. I'll have to be a bit more vigilant and alter my projection technique I guess :)

cube

I've never been able to exit while I'm in vibrations, I think vibes are a transition state and you have to go a little deeper in order to actually separate.

I like to use phasing rather than getting up out of my body although I tend to do alternate between the two:

http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/chat-forum/viewTopic.jsp?t=exit-paths

When I'm in vibes, I close my eyes and do deep breathing to stabilize the imagery then enter it as a dream world. I think that's a little easier than getting up out of your physical body.
OBE Guide: www.saltcube.com/obe-guide/
Find APers near you: www.saltcube.com/nearMe
Bimonthly OBE Newsletter: www.saltcube.com/?t=newsletter