heart rate

Previous topic - Next topic

timoioi

Hello everyone!

I've been reading through Robert Bruce's info as it seems everyone else here has as well.  I just tried the first method listed with the focusing on standing in front of myself.

As many people have stated, they feel their heart chakras go out of control.  I noticed this, and stayed aware that it was the chakra and not the heart.  Since it was my first time though, I thought I'd take a second opinion and check for myself.  I did a quick throat and wrist check and sure enough, my actual pulse was racing like it felt.  I don't think my breathing was elevated, but I was a bit sweaty handed after I stood up.

From the time sitting down to start the relaxation/exiting until the time I stood up was maybe 5 minutes.  I did feel as if I was not within myself physically, but i couldnt see anything except various unrecognizable images and flashes.  From all of this it sounds like its right on, but I'm concerned about the heart beat since it appears to be my actual heart beat.  

If it helps with identification of this at all, I've been doing zazen for about a year now.  I try to zazen twice a day for ~30 minutes each.   I've done various other energy and relaxation meditations since I was about 11 or 12 years old (I'm 26 now).  

Any information would be greatly greatly appreciated!!  I feel that obe is one of the achievements that I should try to familiarize myself with.

timoioi

oh yea, almost forgot to mention.  During this, my eyes were twitching away in what I would imagine to be rem-like, kind of a popping that I couldnt recreate if I tried to conciously.  My throat also swallowed a bunch.  I stood up, all of the effects went away but my heart stayed elevated for maybe 30 seconds or so.

Thanks in advance for any info!!