Problems with sleep paralysis.

Previous topic - Next topic

IsayWhaat

Hello!

As title says, I'm having trouble with sleep paralysis and everything else that comes with it. I just need some real help here, because I'm losing it. I was never an experienced lucid dreamer, but I had more than dozen of lucid dreams in past few years. Not sure if it has anything to do with all of this, but might as well mention it. Also, I'm not sure when was my first sleep paralysis, I think around year and half ago. All I remember is the fear I felt, because I had no idea such thing even existed. Following sleep paralysis were same as the first one. Just me paralyzed lying in bed trying to move or scream, doing whatever I can just to wake up before my hallucination got me and pulled me away. I lost the count of how many of them were there since the first one. I just remember at one point in time I was afraid to sleep at night because I knew what was awaiting me.

Then one sleep paralysis was quite a better one than the rest of them, because I was able to move my right arm. I read that if you focus on moving one of your body parts you will wake up. I was really keen on moving my right arm, but I was unsuccessful. I failed to wake up, even though I managed to lift my right arm. It was almost as it was glowing, but it all lasted like 2 seconds. Next thing I tried to do is close my eyes, count to 3 and wake up. The moment I closed my eyes I got this feeling like I was falling. It was almost as my legs went above my head and I was falling down the pit. It scared the living sh*t out of me, and in that moment, I had to choose between that feeling of falling upside down and hallucination I knew wasn't real. Of course I opened my eyes. I was able to move my head a little bit and raise both of my arms. I tried around 4 times to wake up by moving hard or closing my eyes, but closing eyes just got me the same feeling so I decided to keep them wide open and waited until fear literally chew me from the inside out.

After this, nothing was the same. That's when I first heard of the OOBE (this happened like 2-3 weeks ago) but I understood nothing of it. Neither did my best friend. He read about it, but understood even less than I did. But at least, this time, I was prepared. Now I knew what I have to do in case of sleep paralysis. I felt at ease because I thought that I could go from sleep paralysis to lucid dream. (I thought that OOBE/Astral projection/Lucid dream is all the same thing). And I read about this peaceful place, about this sensations people feel when they go OOBE, was feeling pretty good. This is where the mess really started. Not only that my sleep paralysis got worse, it ALL started happening in my room.

A week ago, I had a sleep paralysis. I was like okay, I got this, I have to calm down and let myself fall. But there was nowhere to fall. I wasn't falling when I closed my eyes. And to make things worse, my sleep paralysis was repeating. I don't really know how to explain it better, just I had sleep paralysis with one hallucination and when that hallucination got me, instead of waking up, it was like sleep paralysis got reset and it would start happening all over again, but different hallucination. Sometimes there weren't hallucination, just these unease feelings of something being there. (But not once did I hear a sound). After 11th time of repeating, I stopped counting. I was so scared of not waking up that I wanted to jump out of my skin. I still get the chills when I remember that fear. I felt that one to the bone, I can tell you that. That was the worse I had. I woke up in cold sweat. It happened from 4am to 5am and I was already sleeping for 8 hours. After waking up, I decided to sleep for a bit longer. That day I slept for 20 hours.

After everything that happened, I understood even less. That's when I decided to really sit down and read about this, because things were getting out of hand and I don't want to be a 19-year-old who is afraid to sleep at night. I started reading about this low frequency beings, about Astral plane and things that are supposedly not happening in my head. What a mistake. Right now, I have this huge mess in my head, because I can't make a difference of what is happening. Right now, every night I go to bed, I'm aware of myself and I'm in my room. All my dreams are starting in my room. I dream of having sleep paralysis. My lucid dreams start me being inside my room. Everything is happening in my room right now, even normal dreams.

Few days back I had sleep paralysis, or at least I thought I did. It felt like I was dreaming a sleep paralysis. Well at least I think I dreamt it. I don't know, but this is how it went down. I woke up in fear, again, lying on my bed. I tried to calm down and get our or go lucid dreaming. I wanted to escape the hallucination I had. I have a blank there, but somehow I got up and escaped through my window. I started running towards my friends house. (We have this deal, so I'm trying to reach his house). It was dark normally, my street looked the same, but street between our houses was different. We read that memories of people can collide and we might see different things on places, I don't know, I think my head was messing with me. Before I could cross the road, this man, long black hair, no face (was black), in black clothes grabbed my hand and literally threw me back into my bed. So, I was back inside my room, lying, unable to move. I felt the hallucination, I could not see it, but I knew it was there. I was scared senseless. This is why I think I dreamt it. I felt strong wind blowing inside my room, almost as tornado. It blew my bed into the air (to the ceiling, was still inside the room) and me along with it. I was unable to move and at this point I just lost it. I couldn't beat the fear, I just couldn't. Nothing was happening that I read it should happen. It almost felt like I was being toyed with. I was being tossed around the room, unable to move. That was the worse part. I knew I was either dreaming or being in sleep paralysis. I knew nothing of that is supposed to be real and that I can take control, but I was still unable to change the theme of the dream to me sitting on grass under the rainbow with unicorns running around. I just wasn't able. Then I woke up. Still feeling scared. I grabbed my phone to get some light in the room. My phone wasn't glowing. I was like okay, I will just turn the light on. I got up, still feeling pretty scared, turned the light on, but I couldn't see the light. Like my eyes were unable to see light. That's when this huge shadow just went right through me and I woke up. This time for real. I just remember thinking myself, will this false waking up thingy keep happening, because I swear that was one realistic dream.

Somewhere inbetween I also had this weird waking up. I woke up, guess what, I was paralysed, again. Yey. But I felt no fear. I actually thought I woke up. But why wasn't I able to move? I decided I will move and reach upstairs where my parents are. I literally crawled up from my bed, holding onto everything I could reach. I felt like I had rubber on my back and it was pulling me back to bed, but I wasn't gonna give up. I barely moved walking towards my door. That's like 2m away from my bed. It felt like I was walking through bottom of the ocean, like there was a blizzard in front of me, how hard was it to move. I was stuck on my door, holding really hard so I don't fall back. I knew moment of hesitation and I was right back in. That's what happened, I thought of getting pulled, like I relaxed for 0.1sec and I was back in bed. So I crawled up again, this time, towards my chair. My room was the same looking, I thought I wasn't dreaming, I didn't understood why I couldn't move.

Not once in last month did I have a normal dream and even when I did, it was inside my room. I've read about this spirit guides and inner self which seems quite interesting. I can keep on going on about different experiences I had in past week, but I already wrote a lot. I'll just finish this with the thing that happened today. I woke up, in my room. Today, I wasn't scared, because I read I can call for some help if it's happening for real (if I'm not dreaming, but actually having Astral projection/OOBE). And of course, I immediately called out. I wasn't shouting help, I just tried to call up with my mind (does that even sound sane??). Either way, this deer showed up. We started talking and it started acting like a dog. I was still lying on my bed, when it went on and laid next to me. I remember thinking myself am I dreaming this, what should I do and I actually let things go their way. At one point this ball looking creature showed up. It started attacking us and "so-called" spirit guide couldn't do sh*t, so I was lying there in fear again, being messed up with. When I woke up, I was pretty sure it was just a normal dream (even I was aware I was sleeping). So, why did I wrote this is because I can't stop it.

Like I already said. Everything happens inside my room and I'm really, really tired of feeling scared almost every single dream. I've been having nightmares for years, but they don't even come close to this when I can't say am I dreaming or am I not. I just want it all to stop. I need it all to stop. You know, just one damn night if I can just go to bed and not dream of anything, without waking 3-5 times during night and feeling rested in the morning. How do I stop this? I don't even know what is happening, I just want my normal nightmares back. This is getting apsurd and tiring. I can't even share it with anyone because who would believe me when they don't even know you can do lucid dreaming. Feels like I'm stuck between normal dreams and astral projection. I don't care which way I have to go to get out of this mess I am right now, I just want to get out :)

Sorry for the loooong post. Thanks everyone who took their time to read this and even write a comment. I highly appreciate it.

PlasmaAstralProjection

Wow this seems like a tough situation to be in. I've had nightmares but not like that. I am not the best to give advice for such a situation but I will tell you what will likely help if people here at astral pulse can't help you. Which is you should go see a psychiatrist and get on a medication to help. There's nothing wrong with that, obviously if this is really affecting you, you should get help wherever you can. Other than that I hope some of the other guys here have some good advice for you. Good luck.

soki

I think that what's happening to you  is quite interesting!! I'd like to live it myself! Ok what you got to understand is that as long as you will be affraid of what's happening, it's gonna come back. You're absolutely trying to escape that state with all your efforts. You're getting scared and it makes it even worse, so you get more scared and it makes it even worse. What you didn't understand friend, is that all this is coming from YOU. YOU are the one creating all this mess. Your fears are the kickstart of... you fears! What I mean is you had one bad experience once, and because you got affraid you kept that fear and it came back during the next experience. In these states of consciousness, your thoughts will influence EVERYTHING that is happening. If you are affraid, then the experience will become even worse, so it will scare you even more. Which will make what you experience even worse, and that is gonna scare you again even more etc. You are the one creating everything! Nothing can hurt us when our body is sleeping. The only way for something to be able to reach you is if you think it can. You give it the power to ''harm you'' (the only thing that will EVER happen, is you're gonna be scared. Nothing can really harm you at all). Since you are the starting point of all these things, you are the creator, if you create something (your subconscious) and think:''It can harm me'', then you just allowed something to harm you (well you're gonna think it can but the only thing you can go through is fear. That's it). So right now you are being affraid of fear itself. Because it's the only thing that can reach you.

It probably all started the first time you had a sleep paralysis (SP). When in that state, you are really close to OOBE which is an extraordinary experience. But while being so close to it, your mind will begin tricking you with sounds, maybe dark shapes or feelings you're not alone. It can be literally anything. So you had your first SP and you got scared. That is what started it all and you fell in that infinite circle I told you about. If you get scared in SP your mind will show you scary things. If you think of happy things, your mind will show you happy things and it will make you feel so good!! Now you associated SP with bad events, with fear and all. So everytime you will experience it, your mind will create what you are waiting for. If you get in SP and think ''Oh no, it's gonna start again!'', then it is gonna start again. Maybe you should try only accepting what's happening to you. Well there's no maybe here. It is what it is. People are practicing hard everyday to get those SP's which is the starting point to AP and beautiful experiences! And you are having those without even trying! Lucky one! Stop being affraid, accept that you go through this process at night. Stop trying to run away from it you're the one who's making this whole experience a mess!!!!!!!! These shadow forms you talk about are not real, even if you think they are. They're not. The sounds you hear neither. Everything you experience in that state is a creation of your mind. So stop being affraid and take control over the situation. Only you can do it and if you fail then it will be keeping on and on. You should read as much as you can on the forum about SP and OOBE'S so you see it's all a wonderful thing happening to you. Make your fears go away and welcome SP when you go through it. It's a door to a world where NOTHING can harm you unless you let it. I swear to you, all that's happening in SP is a creation of your subconscious, a reflection of your fears. The moment you will understand that and believe it, you will see I was right. Undoubtedly.

I already experienced such things in SP, but I never got scared of anything. I once heard a voice whispering my name. That can be scary! But I understood it was because I was in a deep state of relaxation and I ignored it. In my whole practice over the years never have I been harmed by anything. You are being tested by yourself. Once you get past that, not only will it be over but you will have changed for the best even in your physical life. You'll be stronger and you'll have more self-confidence. Next time such things happen try this: say loudly in your head I accept what's happening, and I want to get further. If you hear something, answer to it in your head, as if it was a friend making that noise. Be friendly with your fears, it's the best way to overcome them. Feel love for the shady forms you see. Ask them to come closer because you want to hug them or whatever. It's gonna make them become so ridiculous you will want to laugh about it when it's done. But you really have to understand what I'm telling you, and you got to feel it for real. Be friendly with all that's occuring, instead of wanting to run away get closer to it. It's part of you, see it as so. What is in front of you in these times is... you! These shady forms are you! Everything is you in SP! You are everything. Instead of wanting to escape, go towards it. And I can swear, without the single little doubt, that all that will disappear to give place to wonderful experiences if you are willing to work for it. Good luck hope it    helps!

Edit: PlasmaAstralProjection, he doesn't need at all to go see a psychiatrist it won't help at all!. I read so much stories about people experiencing exactly this, and I know how they got past it. He's not crazy at all, I already went through similar things (not as scary as that because I just wasn't scared) and they went away. Once I heard footsteps on the floor above me, I heard someone knocking in the patio door and knocking hard on the walls, I used to wake up when it happened. But there's this one time when I heard someone walk and knock hard on the wall, I told it in my head:''Wait for me, I'm soon gonna be leaving my body to come and see you!''. It didn't happen ever since. It scared me a little to talk to it, since I thought it would be like inviting it. I was affraid of getting an answer. But there was nothing. It could happen again, but I would totally ignore it because it would keep me from getting further in my practice. Medication wouldn't help here, there is no medication that can affect your consciousness.

PlasmaAstralProjection

I think I know what might help. Try meditating on loving yourself during the day. Feel good about yourself. Think of all the things you have accomplished. Feel love for yourself. Think happy things, then hopefully that will carry over into your sleep. If it feels fake when trying up pull up these feelings about yourself, then just tone it down. Try smiling with it. That is may take on it. Keep us updated on what is going on.

IsayWhaat

Quote from: soki on March 03, 2015, 12:45:17
I think that what's happening to you  is quite interesting!! I'd like to live it myself! Ok what you got to understand is that as long as you will be affraid of what's happening, it's gonna come back. You're absolutely trying to escape that state with all your efforts. You're getting scared and it makes it even worse, so you get more scared and it makes it even worse. What you didn't understand friend, is that all this is coming from YOU. YOU are the one creating all this mess. Your fears are the kickstart of... you fears! What I mean is you had one bad experience once, and because you got affraid you kept that fear and it came back during the next experience. In these states of consciousness, your thoughts will influence EVERYTHING that is happening. If you are affraid, then the experience will become even worse, so it will scare you even more. Which will make what you experience even worse, and that is gonna scare you again even more etc. You are the one creating everything! Nothing can hurt us when our body is sleeping. The only way for something to be able to reach you is if you think it can. You give it the power to ''harm you'' (the only thing that will EVER happen, is you're gonna be scared. Nothing can really harm you at all). Since you are the starting point of all these things, you are the creator, if you create something (your subconscious) and think:''It can harm me'', then you just allowed something to harm you (well you're gonna think it can but the only thing you can go through is fear. That's it). So right now you are being affraid of fear itself. Because it's the only thing that can reach you.

It probably all started the first time you had a sleep paralysis (SP). When in that state, you are really close to OOBE which is an extraordinary experience. But while being so close to it, your mind will begin tricking you with sounds, maybe dark shapes or feelings you're not alone. It can be literally anything. So you had your first SP and you got scared. That is what started it all and you fell in that infinite circle I told you about. If you get scared in SP your mind will show you scary things. If you think of happy things, your mind will show you happy things and it will make you feel so good!! Now you associated SP with bad events, with fear and all. So everytime you will experience it, your mind will create what you are waiting for. If you get in SP and think ''Oh no, it's gonna start again!'', then it is gonna start again. Maybe you should try only accepting what's happening to you. Well there's no maybe here. It is what it is. People are practicing hard everyday to get those SP's which is the starting point to AP and beautiful experiences! And you are having those without even trying! Lucky one! Stop being affraid, accept that you go through this process at night. Stop trying to run away from it you're the one who's making this whole experience a mess!!!!!!!! These shadow forms you talk about are not real, even if you think they are. They're not. The sounds you hear neither. Everything you experience in that state is a creation of your mind. So stop being affraid and take control over the situation. Only you can do it and if you fail then it will be keeping on and on. You should read as much as you can on the forum about SP and OOBE'S so you see it's all a wonderful thing happening to you. Make your fears go away and welcome SP when you go through it. It's a door to a world where NOTHING can harm you unless you let it. I swear to you, all that's happening in SP is a creation of your subconscious, a reflection of your fears. The moment you will understand that and believe it, you will see I was right. Undoubtedly.

I already experienced such things in SP, but I never got scared of anything. I once heard a voice whispering my name. That can be scary! But I understood it was because I was in a deep state of relaxation and I ignored it. In my whole practice over the years never have I been harmed by anything. You are being tested by yourself. Once you get past that, not only will it be over but you will have changed for the best even in your physical life. You'll be stronger and you'll have more self-confidence. Next time such things happen try this: say loudly in your head I accept what's happening, and I want to get further. If you hear something, answer to it in your head, as if it was a friend making that noise. Be friendly with your fears, it's the best way to overcome them. Feel love for the shady forms you see. Ask them to come closer because you want to hug them or whatever. It's gonna make them become so ridiculous you will want to laugh about it when it's done. But you really have to understand what I'm telling you, and you got to feel it for real. Be friendly with all that's occuring, instead of wanting to run away get closer to it. It's part of you, see it as so. What is in front of you in these times is... you! These shady forms are you! Everything is you in SP! You are everything. Instead of wanting to escape, go towards it. And I can swear, without the single little doubt, that all that will disappear to give place to wonderful experiences if you are willing to work for it. Good luck hope it    helps!

Edit: PlasmaAstralProjection, he doesn't need at all to go see a psychiatrist it won't help at all!. I read so much stories about people experiencing exactly this, and I know how they got past it. He's not crazy at all, I already went through similar things (not as scary as that because I just wasn't scared) and they went away. Once I heard footsteps on the floor above me, I heard someone knocking in the patio door and knocking hard on the walls, I used to wake up when it happened. But there's this one time when I heard someone walk and knock hard on the wall, I told it in my head:''Wait for me, I'm soon gonna be leaving my body to come and see you!''. It didn't happen ever since. It scared me a little to talk to it, since I thought it would be like inviting it. I was affraid of getting an answer. But there was nothing. It could happen again, but I would totally ignore it because it would keep me from getting further in my practice. Medication wouldn't help here, there is no medication that can affect your consciousness.

So, you're practically saying that I have to beat myself in this game? So, it's all me? And I beat it by stopping the fear? And when I beat fear, then what? I will keep dreaming normally? I will be lying in bed wide awake and paralysed waiting for SP to end? Point is, even if I can beat fear, it's not fear what messes me up. It's the fact that I can't distinguish things anymore. It use to be normal dreams, lucid dreams and sleep paralysis. But now, there are no normal dreams, there are no lucid dreams, even sleep paralysis isn't the same. I started dreaming everything inside my room. I dream normal dreams inside my room, I dream having sleep paralysis, I dream of being lucid (again starting inside my room), hell I even dream of waking up. How do I sort those out, because "feeling the difference" just isn't enough. I can't make the difference. Imagine that I'm a first grader and I'm trying to understand multiplying. My brain can't comprehend the difference while I'm in that state of dreaming, not until I wake up.

I started reading about Astral projection and OOBE on this forum and everything that you can do when sleep paralysis kicks in, but it's all so confusing I'm not really understanding it. And the fact I keep experiencing different sleep paralysis and dreams isn't helping at all. Guess my first step should be beating the fear. You made it sound so damn easy. I'm actually questioning myself right now, what the hell kept me from beating that fear alone. Thank you for clearing that it's me who's making all this mess.

I'll have to see what happens tonight, if there are any advices I can hear, would be good. I'm tired of first experiencing things than learning about them.

EDIT:
Quote from: PlasmaAstralProjection on March 03, 2015, 14:20:12
I think I know what might help. Try meditating on loving yourself during the day. Feel good about yourself. Think of all the things you have accomplished. Feel love for yourself. Think happy things, then hopefully that will carry over into your sleep. If it feels fake when trying up pull up these feelings about yourself, then just tone it down. Try smiling with it. That is may take on it. Keep us updated on what is going on.

I'm pretty sure I can't meditate, but I can try to be positive.

BranStark

Soki is definitely spot on with his post.
You got into some trouble, which seems pretty serious, but only you yourself are the reason why this is happening. And just as you created this, you can also stop it.

There is also one thing that Soki didn't address. You wrote that you had said to yourself you wanted to get into another environment with unicorns and so on. And you didn't. You might be confused why it didn't work and why we still keep telling you you are in control of this whole situation. Well, I am not really sure if you are familiar with the principle of manifestation, but it seems like you might be. At least a little bit. One thing you need to understand, though, is that you not only need to think something, you must put some will behind it and you actually have to believe it. And also you have to be calm and cheerful and overall positive if you wish to set a positive environment around you. Why? Because likes creates likes and if you are going to be scared then these negative emotions will overwhelm one positive thought ("I want the unicorns here and now.") you might have. And from the context I am judging this thought was rather a desperate one, with very little belief and strenght behind it to back it up. So don't be surprised it did not work.

But if you realise your power of the entire situation and if you stop feeding those beings harrasing you with all the fear and if you actually start spreading positive energy all around (laughing, imagining sending love, golden light or whatever else might work for you) and if you don't just send positive energy, if you become positive whole heartedly, then all the negative will disappear. But you have to know that you are in control, which you are. Even if those beings are real (most people here don't think so, but I think a minority of negs may be real), they cannot get at you. At all. Because you are positive and thus you manifest only positive things around you where negativity has no place.

If you are still unsure about the concept, try watching the Rhonda Byrne's "The Secret." There is better material than this on the topic (basically, this is a bit of commercial bovine excrement sometimes) but it is a good stuff for rookies because the things she talks about in her book and which all the people talk about in the documentary is based in this physical reality. Therefore, it might be easier to grasp for you if you are new to the concept of non-physical reality. And yes, even the documentary is true, you can definitely change the physical reality using your thoughts, too, it just needs more will and patience than in the dreamlands, because our everyday-life world is more stable than dreams/APs/OOBEs/LDs. But ask Xanth about what he thinks the difference between these four is. :-D (None except for the level of lucidity)

Another thing that might help with overcoming the fear is asking yourself the question: What have these negative beings done to me so far? They surely have got me scared, got me a few sleepless nights, and drained some energy out of me as a result but have they really done something serious to me? No just scared me. If I stop being scared, though, would they still be able to do something when all they have accomplished so far is scaring me? Off course not!

Hope this helps. And really do something about it. It could turn into some really serious stuff. But then again, you would be the cause. So don't let yourself be driven mad by yourself. Medication is not a way out!!! It may stop the "symptomps" you are having but at what cost? Being drugged and found mentally ill and undergoing medical treatment would be a hell. And for nothing. Doctors, even psychiatrists, don't believe in anything else than the brain, (most of them, anyway, I am a med student myself, but then I used to be very physical-oriented until I had my first OOBE) so there would be no other outcome of talking to a doctor. And this would cost you not only this gift (how happy would many including me to get these as often as you do) but also a considerable part of your life. Medication is for those who don't think can handle this or similar situation. But they thing incorrectly. They can. And you can, too.

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: BranStark on March 03, 2015, 15:05:16Medication is not a way out!!! It may stop the "symptomps" you are having but at what cost? Being drugged and found mentally ill and undergoing medical treatment would be a hell. And for nothing. Doctors, even psychiatrists, don't believe in anything else than the brain, (most of them, anyway, I am a med student myself, but then I used to be very physical-oriented until I had my first OOBE) so there would be no other outcome of talking to a doctor. And this would cost you not only this gift (how happy would many including me to get these as often as you do) but also a considerable part of your life. Medication is for those who don't think can handle this or similar situation. But they thing incorrectly. They can. And you can, too.
I must disagree with you on this. I take medication and it helps me greatly. And yet I am still practicing to astral project. Now obviously medication isn't my first choice I would rather be off of it but I do much better on it. Now that isn't to say that IsayWhaat needs medication. He may be just fine without it. But what I am saying is that if we can't help him then he really should get on some medication to help. BTW I don't feel drugged at all, I feel like myself. Also IsayWhaat  you don't have to take the full amount of any medication if it works for you at half the dose then do that. I have half the medicine that is prescribed and I do just fine.

BTW IsayWhaat if you feel like you can't meditate perhaps you would do better doing visualizations. Do something in the visualization that is fun. Something you like to do. Heck I like visualizing having sex. The main thing is that you try to associate good thoughts with your mind. Use positive feelings.

Again good luck.

Xanth

Quote from: IsayWhaat on March 03, 2015, 14:41:56
I'm pretty sure I can't meditate, but I can try to be positive.
Let's start with this then... what do you think meditation is?

PlasmaAstralProjection

IsayWhaat

Quote from: BranStark on March 03, 2015, 15:05:16
Soki is definitely spot on with his post.
You got into some trouble, which seems pretty serious, but only you yourself are the reason why this is happening. And just as you created this, you can also stop it.

There is also one thing that Soki didn't address. You wrote that you had said to yourself you wanted to get into another environment with unicorns and so on. And you didn't. You might be confused why it didn't work and why we still keep telling you you are in control of this whole situation. Well, I am not really sure if you are familiar with the principle of manifestation, but it seems like you might be. At least a little bit. One thing you need to understand, though, is that you not only need to think something, you must put some will behind it and you actually have to believe it. And also you have to be calm and cheerful and overall positive if you wish to set a positive environment around you. Why? Because likes creates likes and if you are going to be scared then these negative emotions will overwhelm one positive thought ("I want the unicorns here and now.") you might have. And from the context I am judging this thought was rather a desperate one, with very little belief and strenght behind it to back it up. So don't be surprised it did not work.

But if you realise your power of the entire situation and if you stop feeding those beings harrasing you with all the fear and if you actually start spreading positive energy all around (laughing, imagining sending love, golden light or whatever else might work for you) and if you don't just send positive energy, if you become positive whole heartedly, then all the negative will disappear. But you have to know that you are in control, which you are. Even if those beings are real (most people here don't think so, but I think a minority of negs may be real), they cannot get at you. At all. Because you are positive and thus you manifest only positive things around you where negativity has no place.

If you are still unsure about the concept, try watching the Rhonda Byrne's "The Secret." There is better material than this on the topic (basically, this is a bit of commercial bovine excrement sometimes) but it is a good stuff for rookies because the things she talks about in her book and which all the people talk about in the documentary is based in this physical reality. Therefore, it might be easier to grasp for you if you are new to the concept of non-physical reality. And yes, even the documentary is true, you can definitely change the physical reality using your thoughts, too, it just needs more will and patience than in the dreamlands, because our everyday-life world is more stable than dreams/APs/OOBEs/LDs. But ask Xanth about what he thinks the difference between these four is. :-D (None except for the level of lucidity)

Another thing that might help with overcoming the fear is asking yourself the question: What have these negative beings done to me so far? They surely have got me scared, got me a few sleepless nights, and drained some energy out of me as a result but have they really done something serious to me? No just scared me. If I stop being scared, though, would they still be able to do something when all they have accomplished so far is scaring me? Off course not!

Hope this helps. And really do something about it. It could turn into some really serious stuff. But then again, you would be the cause. So don't let yourself be driven mad by yourself. Medication is not a way out!!! It may stop the "symptomps" you are having but at what cost? Being drugged and found mentally ill and undergoing medical treatment would be a hell. And for nothing. Doctors, even psychiatrists, don't believe in anything else than the brain, (most of them, anyway, I am a med student myself, but then I used to be very physical-oriented until I had my first OOBE) so there would be no other outcome of talking to a doctor. And this would cost you not only this gift (how happy would many including me to get these as often as you do) but also a considerable part of your life. Medication is for those who don't think can handle this or similar situation. But they thing incorrectly. They can. And you can, too.

Yes, I would definitely want to avoid medication. I hate being sick and they would only remind me of hospital. Further on, I'm not really a person that can go and share love and smiles. Don't get me wrong, I'm not depressed or anything, but can't I just try and be peaceful. Can't I dominate the fear? Isn't there any other way to push fear away? Isn't a simple realization that I cannot be harm and staying calm enough to overcome the fear? It really was a mess last few weeks, but I didn't know what was going on at the time. Or do I really have to try and boost all these nice feelings; love, happiness, enlightenment, etc. to beat the fear?

Quote from: Xanth on March 03, 2015, 15:59:15
Let's start with this then... what do you think meditation is?

Meditation is some sort of training to achieve inner peace or something. Unless you meditate for hours each day it's quite useless. I think it's the same as doing sports. If you don't train everyday, it's useless. The way you train your body with doing sports/hitting gyms, I guess you train your mind with meditation?

Xanth

Quote from: IsayWhaat on March 03, 2015, 18:36:42
Meditation is some sort of training to achieve inner peace or something. Unless you meditate for hours each day it's quite useless. I think it's the same as doing sports. If you don't train everyday, it's useless. The way you train your body with doing sports/hitting gyms, I guess you train your mind with meditation?
That's a great place to start with!

Meditation is all about experiencing YOURSELF without all the distractions of everything going on around you.
Inner peace isn't found through meditation.  It's found through experiencing yourself and finding the truth about yourself.

You can do as much or as little meditation as you want/need.  I, literally, meditate first thing in the morning for about 10 minutes.  That's it.  That's my only "formal" meditation I do throughout my day... just enough to experience myself for what I truly am and then I'm good to go for the rest of my day.  Throughout the rest of my day, I try to always be connected to that truth though... kind of an "informal" meditation.

I also know for a fact that you can meditate just fine... all you're having problems with is getting your intellectual mind out of the way while for you to experience the truth of yourself.  :)
Why not give that a shot?  Try even 5 minutes a day of just sitting quietly and trying to "find yourself".  You might be surprised at what you'll find. 

PlasmaAstralProjection

I think what Xanth prescribed will go a long way right along with learning to love yourself more intimately.

BranStark

Quote from: IsayWhaat on March 03, 2015, 14:41:56
So, you're practically saying that I have to beat myself in this game? So, it's all me? And I beat it by stopping the fear? And when I beat fear, then what? I will keep dreaming normally? I will be lying in bed wide awake and paralysed waiting for SP to end? Point is, even if I can beat fear, it's not fear what messes me up. It's the fact that I can't distinguish things anymore. It use to be normal dreams, lucid dreams and sleep paralysis. But now, there are no normal dreams, there are no lucid dreams, even sleep paralysis isn't the same. I started dreaming everything inside my room. I dream normal dreams inside my room, I dream having sleep paralysis, I dream of being lucid (again starting inside my room), hell I even dream of waking up. How do I sort those out, because "feeling the difference" just isn't enough. I can't make the difference. Imagine that I'm a first grader and I'm trying to understand multiplying. My brain can't comprehend the difference while I'm in that state of dreaming, not until I wake up.

I started reading about Astral projection and OOBE on this forum and everything that you can do when sleep paralysis kicks in, but it's all so confusing I'm not really understanding it. And the fact I keep experiencing different sleep paralysis and dreams isn't helping at all. Guess my first step should be beating the fear. You made it sound so damn easy. I'm actually questioning myself right now, what the hell kept me from beating that fear alone. Thank you for clearing that it's me who's making all this mess.

Yes, it is just you. When you beat the fear, then you will be in complete control. You can do as you wish then. I don't know if you can stop having APs, but if that is what you wish, than you probably can. But if you want to learn something new and great, then you have a great opportunity to start exploring non-physical realms. I wish it was happening that naturally to me as well. And it will most likely be fun this time. And meaningful. Not saying that this situation you are currently in is not meaningful. It probably is happening for a purpose, to teach you something. Most likely it is associated with those fear issues, I woluld say.

I understand you are confused by all the new experiences but do you really need do distinguish between the dreams? Take the experience as it comes. You will get used to it, don't worry. It may stressful now but the so called false awakening, for instance, is nothing rare and nothing to fear. I would say be patient and by gaining more experience, you will start sorting things out.

Quote from: IsayWhaat on March 03, 2015, 18:36:42
Yes, I would definitely want to avoid medication. I hate being sick and they would only remind me of hospital. Further on, I'm not really a person that can go and share love and smiles. Don't get me wrong, I'm not depressed or anything, but can't I just try and be peaceful. Can't I dominate the fear? Isn't there any other way to push fear away? Isn't a simple realization that I cannot be harm and staying calm enough to overcome the fear? It really was a mess last few weeks, but I didn't know what was going on at the time. Or do I really have to try and boost all these nice feelings; love, happiness, enlightenment, etc. to beat the fear?

Definitely keep  medication as the last resort, but it won't be necessary, I am pretty sure.
You may boost it, I would say it is worth the try, you cannot know you cannot do it until you have tried. The same applies to meditation, tryit and see what happens. And as Xanth pointed out, you don't need to live an ascethic life or something, a few minutes a day is enough. You will soon start noticing a huge difference in how calm and at peace you suddenly are in comparison with what it used to be. And I really recommend you try it. And a little advice, while meditating (doesn't matter which meditation type you choose but I would almost bet you are going to try the most common one - focusing on breathing and letting othr thoughts go) don't push it, just let the thoughts come and go, don't try to push them away with force, unless you want to get frustrated. This is the most common mistake that unexperienced meditators make and that's why people keep saying - I cannot meditate, I cannot focus etc.

But no, it is not necessary. The onl necessity for you is to realise you are in complete control. Then you can start from there and develop your own "rituals" on how you can cope with things. These are just exapmles of what works for me and/or other people. But every individual is different and so you are welcome to be creative and develop methods of your own.

BranStark

Quote from: PlasmaAstralProjection on March 03, 2015, 15:58:15
I must disagree with you on this. I take medication and it helps me greatly. And yet I am still practicing to astral project. Now obviously medication isn't my first choice I would rather be off of it but I do much better on it. Now that isn't to say that IsayWhaat needs medication. He may be just fine without it. But what I am saying is that if we can't help him then he really should get on some medication to help. BTW I don't feel drugged at all, I feel like myself. Also IsayWhaat  you don't have to take the full amount of any medication if it works for you at half the dose then do that. I have half the medicine that is prescribed and I do just fine.

Again good luck.
If your medication si helping you, then there is no reason to change it. I definitely do not recommend anyone stop taking medication. hat would be dangerous! But... if you are taking pills prescribed for mental issues reasons (because you told the doctors about your NP experiences), then I don't think you really need them. If you actually are taking these, then it is helping you because you believe so. If you are taking them for a different reason associated with mental health, then it might be a different case.

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: BranStark on March 03, 2015, 19:58:03Definitely keep  medication as the last resort, but it won't be necessary, I am pretty sure.
That is basically what I said.

soki

Isaywhat, yes realising that your fears can't harm you, that you can't be in any kind of real danger should be enough for you to overcome them. Even if you see a representation of your fears tonight, if you know it can't do a single thing to you, it will disappear.You have to not care about it just tell yourself in your head:''All right it's enough go away I'm not scared of any of this at all anymore!''. Use affirmations to state it and be affirmative. Believe what you are thinking.

IsayWhaat

Quote from: BranStark on March 03, 2015, 19:58:03
Yes, it is just you. When you beat the fear, then you will be in complete control. You can do as you wish then. I don't know if you can stop having APs, but if that is what you wish, than you probably can. But if you want to learn something new and great, then you have a great opportunity to start exploring non-physical realms. I wish it was happening that naturally to me as well. And it will most likely be fun this time. And meaningful. Not saying that this situation you are currently in is not meaningful. It probably is happening for a purpose, to teach you something. Most likely it is associated with those fear issues, I woluld say.

I understand you are confused by all the new experiences but do you really need do distinguish between the dreams? Take the experience as it comes. You will get used to it, don't worry. It may stressful now but the so called false awakening, for instance, is nothing rare and nothing to fear. I would say be patient and by gaining more experience, you will start sorting things out.

Yes, I really do need to distinguish between the dreams. If I can't say what the difference is, that means I do not understand it. And if I don't understand it, I can't conquer it. How am I supposed to beat fear if I don't understand what it is or why is it happening. If it really is something meaningful as you say, then just pretending I'm brave ain't gonna cut it. It might solve the problem for next couple of days, weeks, maybe months, but problem itself will probably return. Unless I can understand it.

If astral projection, lucid dreams, normal dreams, sleep paralysis, OOBE, etc. is all the same, why is there need for all the different terms? Probably because there is a slight difference between them. There must be something that separates them apart otherwise why would it be named differently? (I just counted the terms I know, hopefully you understand what I meant to say.)

I read multiple times "people would be happy to have it naturally like you do" to achieve the Astral projection. What I read so far about it, I don't think I did Astral projection once, but seems like sleep paralysis and lucid dreams are prerequisites for it? The fact that people here want to have those creepy dreams (read: sleep paralysis) says I chose good forum. I asked one of the people I hang out with, do they know what lucid dreams are, have they ever taken control of their dreams, to say they looked at me like I was losing my mind was an understatement. They said it's impossible. I guess I lost against the pressure that was building quite fast in last few weeks, especially as I had noone to explain to me what was happening and internet wasn't helpful. I read way too much bullsh*t.

I will try and turn sleep paralysis into something useful. I keep reading about Astral projection and I have hard time believing in all that, but it surely caught my attention. If I'm already stuck with sleep paralysis, might as well use it. The thing that really caught my eye was the sentence that said you can talk to your inner self and your spirit guides? You can explore your inner self, that it's a world of its own, or something similar. I want to see that for myself.

Xanth

Quote from: IsayWhaat on March 04, 2015, 15:46:37
Yes, I really do need to distinguish between the dreams. If I can't say what the difference is, that means I do not understand it.
Most people don't understand things even when they do apply subjective labels to experiences.

The point is, don't judge experiences... just allow them to be as they are and go with the flow. 

Sagar

I think these are fear tests.  We've all had em, and they really can get horrible.  They will go away (for a while but not permanently) if you learn to stay calm, observant, and bring up the courage to not fear them. 
I was in your exact same boat, having fear tests every night, getting scared, and asking for help on the Pulse.  Then one night, I was in a graveyard with this dark sillouhette of an animal running towards me and making weird sounds.  I stayed calm and embraced it with love.  Then it turned into a stuffed animal in my arms xD.  After that, fear tests are rare occasions for me. 

Things are only bad if you let them get that way!

Also, when I started out, I read all the books, listened to interviews of spiritual people (Bruce, Campbell, Adyashanti etc..) for over a year, but what actually helped me progress the most was to throw away everything.  And I mean everything.  No more rope pulling, sleep paralysis, energy raising - the whole lot of it.  And make my own way to project, create my own thoughts on how it all works.  I then projected within 2 weeks for the first time. 

The point of all this is - Everyone has their own unique method and belief system.  My biggest advice to you (Based on my experience) would be to throw it all away and create your own.  There isn't one meaning for fear tests for everyone.  What's the reason you have fear tests?  Find that and conquer it. 
For the Love

IsayWhaat

Quote from: Sagar on March 04, 2015, 17:41:51
I think these are fear tests.  We've all had em, and they really can get horrible.  They will go away (for a while but not permanently) if you learn to stay calm, observant, and bring up the courage to not fear them.  
I was in your exact same boat, having fear tests every night, getting scared, and asking for help on the Pulse.  Then one night, I was in a graveyard with this dark sillouhette of an animal running towards me and making weird sounds.  I stayed calm and embraced it with love.  Then it turned into a stuffed animal in my arms xD.  After that, fear tests are rare occasions for me.  

Things are only bad if you let them get that way!

Also, when I started out, I read all the books, listened to interviews of spiritual people (Bruce, Campbell, Adyashanti etc..) for over a year, but what actually helped me progress the most was to throw away everything.  And I mean everything.  No more rope pulling, sleep paralysis, energy raising - the whole lot of it.  And make my own way to project, create my own thoughts on how it all works.  I then projected within 2 weeks for the first time.  

The point of all this is - Everyone has their own unique method and belief system.  My biggest advice to you (Based on my experience) would be to throw it all away and create your own.  There isn't one meaning for fear tests for everyone.  What's the reason you have fear tests?  Find that and conquer it.  

I like you.

I was actually thinking the same thing. I'm lazy to read, damn, I hate reading even when what I'm reading about is interesting. I was thinking of finding myself into all this. But there is still one problem. How do I know I projected if I don't know what it means. How do I know I'm actually on Astral plane and not in dream? What makes it so different? Until I figure that difference I have feeling I'm not going anywhere.

Oh, and I know why I have fears. I know exactly the reason, there is only one thing that got me badly within my lifespan. Thing is, there is no way for me to conquer that. You don't get up after that. And even if you do, it just doesn't feel the same. Because, I can never go back to the way it was before, like when you get cut. Let's say your nerves within your hand got cut of. Sure, with some time you will be able to get use to the feeling of not being able to use your hand properly and grow stronger to other damage you'll face, but you will never be the way you were before your hand got damaged. (This is just me trying to be metaphoric, my hand isn't cut). That's why if anything got my attention, then that's spirit guides and that inner self, higher self whatever it is. If I can reach there, I can only dream of what would change :)

Xanth

Quote from: IsayWhaat on March 04, 2015, 18:35:31
I like you.

I was actually thinking the same thing. I'm lazy to read, damn, I hate reading even when what I'm reading about is interesting. I was thinking of finding myself into all this. But there is still one problem. How do I know I projected if I don't know what it means. How do I know I'm actually on Astral plane and not in dream? What makes it so different? Until I figure that difference I have feeling I'm not going anywhere.
It's very simple actually.  First, dreams aren't anything that exist.  When you're "dreaming", you're non-physical, you just don't realize it and believe you're "awake"... you're experiencing (for lack of a better word) "the astral".  How do you know you're projected?  Well, if you're experiencing a reality which you can actively identify as not being this physical reality AND you're aware of that fact... you're "Projecting".  :)

But essentially, you're always projecting.  To experience is to project.  You can't experience and NOT call it a projection.  Very few people understand or even know this.
This physical reality is a projection. 

IsayWhaat

Quote from: Xanth on March 04, 2015, 18:41:36
It's very simple actually.  First, dreams aren't anything that exist.  When you're "dreaming", you're non-physical, you just don't realize it and believe you're "awake"... you're experiencing (for lack of a better word) "the astral".  How do you know you're projected?  Well, if you're experiencing a reality which you can actively identify as not being this physical reality AND you're aware of that fact... you're "Projecting".  :)

But essentially, you're always projecting.  To experience is to project.  You can't experience and NOT call it a projection.  Very few people understand or even know this.
This physical reality is a projection.  

I have no idea what you just wrote. So practically, lucid dreams are astral projection? Okay, I get it. Everytime we go to sleep, the moment we start dreaming we are actually experiencing another reality? Because we are catching the glimses of astral, but we are not aware of it? Astral is experiencing another reality? So, the moment we realize we are dreaming we are discovering more of the Astral? So called lucid dreaming? But if we take it a step further, somehow being more conscious we can say we are astral projecting?

What about things when you are floating above your body? Where is all that?

Xanth

Quote from: IsayWhaat on March 04, 2015, 18:58:26
I have no idea what you just wrote. So practically, lucid dreams are astral projection? Okay, I get it. Everytime we go to sleep, the moment we start dreaming we are actually experiencing another reality? Because we are catching the glimses of astral, but we are not aware of it? Astral is experiencing another reality? So, the moment we realize we are dreaming we are discovering more of the Astral? So called lucid dreaming?
Read this article I wrote:  http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2012/07/22/labeling-experiences-of-the-non-physical/

QuoteBut if we take it a step further, somehow being more conscious we can say we are astral projecting?
Now you're getting it.  :)

What loosely dictates the "type" of experience you have is directly related to YOUR level of awareness... but even that is a bad measure of experience.  There really is only "projection".  Everything you experience is a projection.  This physical reality is no more "real" than a dream you have.  It's only "more stable".  That's all.  That's how most people define "real".

QuoteWhat about things when you are floating above your body? Where is all that?
It's all belief and perspective.  But remember too, that most "body-centric" beliefs aren't consciously known to the individual. 
There's more to it than that, but that's it in a nutshell.

IsayWhaat

Quote from: Xanth on March 04, 2015, 20:20:20

Read this article I wrote:  http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2012/07/22/labeling-experiences-of-the-non-physical/
Now you're getting it.  :)

What loosely dictates the "type" of experience you have is directly related to YOUR level of awareness... but even that is a bad measure of experience.  There really is only "projection".  Everything you experience is a projection.  This physical reality is no more "real" than a dream you have.  It's only "more stable".  That's all.  That's how most people define "real".
It's all belief and perspective.  But remember too, that most "body-centric" beliefs aren't consciously known to the individual.  
There's more to it than that, but that's it in a nutshell.

Okay, I understand now. Can you provide me with links for switching from lucid to astral?

And where is sleep paralysis in all that? Is that us being conscious in physical world? Or non-physical?