Progress

Previous topic - Next topic

Kree

This morning I did the "moving left" technique, or whatever you'd call it.  I completely left the physical in under 5 minutes.  I thought I was in my room but couldn't really see anything, I may have seen glimpses of my room but it wasn't clear.  I wonder if this was the void, a LD, or what.  I heard loud buzzing in this state, which I assumed was binaural beats from my headphones, but only afterwards did I remember I had no headphones on or anything.  I also heard a very loud voice of a man talking about astral projection, I completely ignored what he was saying as I just found it annoying, lol.

The most annoying thing, though, was that I felt I couldn't do anything from this state.  I tried to move but I couldn't tell if I was going anywhere.  I kept trying to swim with my non-physical arms, but nothing happened.  Moving left more also seemed to not have much effect.  The arms felt very real, and definitely non-physical, so that's something.  Maybe I should've climbed a rope or something.  The experience lasted only a few minutes, but when I came back my sense of time was off.  It felt like I was gone for at least an hour.

My memory's a bit patchy, but what might've triggered this was biting my teeth together in a weird way (not sure if physically or not as I can't replicate the exact teeth-contact sensation).  I let the teeth touch → rolled over (again not sure if physically or not) → felt myself moving left → saw a slight flash and then.. → separation into the buzzing NP environment.

Side note:
I am a bit surprised I achieved this without meditating, as Tom Campbell would have you believe deep meditation / point-consciousness is paramount.  I didn't meditate, I still had physical focus prior to separation, I didn't go through sleep paralysis, I didn't do any relaxation at all, I didn't do any visualisation, yet I still phased into the NP without any effort :-)
I'll add, in previous attempts I'd often get rapid heard beat when I felt "close", yet this time I just felt a little hot, and that's it.

Nameless

Meditation is a great tool, especially if you have very definitive goal in mind. but you are correct it does not always take meditation to inter np. Next time you do this aim for clarity. Good job Kree!
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

justin35ll

It all sounds like typical signs of being in the non-physical. The problem seems to be that you didn't have full awareness of what you were doing. You only got glimpses of your room because you didn't allow or you weren't able to focus your complete attention there.

The buzzing (vibrations) is a natural and common sign post, and because you were in the non-physical, you were interpreting the information through your intuitive side and no longer through your intellect. The intellect would have said, "I don't have earbuds in and I'm not listening to BB's", but because your intellect was not as active, you couldn't fully make that connection (you were in a semi-lucid state). It takes practice to become more aware within the non-physical (and the physical as well). Consciousness can be aware or unaware (disassociated in either reality).

Tom Campbell does not state that "you have to be in deep meditation to achieve OOB". Actually, he says the opposite, and that is what he teaches in his courses. He teaches you to access point consciousness at will, at any time you want, by simply letting go of the intellect and accessing the intuitive side. His process does not require deep relaxation, breathing, or any other rituals. Those tools can help, especially in the beginning before you have "control" over your consciousness, but they are not required. With more experience, letting go of the intellect and this physical reality becomes easier, and all you need to do is shift your focus there by using your intent.