Projecting Fast

Previous topic - Next topic

ThaomasOfGrey

Can anyone do it? What is your "fastest" projection and how did you do it? What is the primary mechanic that limits our ability to project quickly?

My fastest projection was by the wake and back to bed method. It was close enough to instant that I was unaware of any time passing between laying down and experiencing the exit. My hypothesis is that the primary limiting mechanic is rate of brain wave change, and that is why "priming" works in general.

Lumaza

Quote from: ThaomasOfGrey on March 06, 2018, 06:58:23
My hypothesis is that the primary limiting mechanic is rate of brain wave change, and that is why "priming" works in general.
Bingo!
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

astralm

Also why straight awake to obe success has such a link to meditation.  More advanced you are at meditation more quickly you can change your brain waves, and more control you have over them.

baro-san

Quote from: astralm on March 08, 2018, 08:35:44
Also why straight awake to obe success has such a link to meditation.  More advanced you are at meditation more quickly you can change your brain waves, and more control you have over them.

There are studies that show that what you accomplish with one hour of meditation, in the field of enlightenment, trance, you can accomplish in a few minutes with a quick drop in frontal and parietal lobes activity.

See: "How Enlightenment Changes Your Brain: The New Science of Transformation" by Andrew B. Newberg and Mark Robert Waldman.
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

ThaomasOfGrey

Quote from: baro-san on March 08, 2018, 21:51:38
There are studies that show that what you accomplish with one hour of meditation, in the field of enlightenment, trance, you can accomplish in a few minutes with a quick drop in frontal and parietal lobes activity.

See: "How Enlightenment Changes Your Brain: The New Science of Transformation" by Andrew B. Newberg and Mark Robert Waldman.

I've heard something that might be similar with David Asprey. He spent some hundreds of thousands of dollars replicating the mind set of expert Tibetan monks with a meditation training machine. Took only around 2 weeks apparently to achieve approximately the same results as it took the monk 40 years to get.

I'll probably read that book now, but is there any practical knowledge on dropping activity in those lobes?

astralm

There will always be those that claim you can do what takes 40 years of dedication in just a couple weeks with a magic pill or formula.  I have wasted enough of my life chasing these, in my experience they don't exist ... how would one even put an objective stamp on something like enlightenment for a study anyways it isn't something you can simply measure and put in a chart.

baro-san

As I wrote:
Quote from: baro-san on March 08, 2018, 21:51:38
It is available in epub format too.

The authors present their research, conclusions, and ways to do it. Don't discount it before you read it. Here there is Bob Peterson's review of the book.

Progress means to do something better than you or others did it.
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

ThaomasOfGrey

Quote from: astralm on March 08, 2018, 23:24:46
There will always be those that claim you can do what takes 40 years of dedication in just a couple weeks with a magic pill or formula.  I have wasted enough of my life chasing these, in my experience they don't exist ... how would one even put an objective stamp on something like enlightenment for a study anyways it isn't something you can simply measure and put in a chart.

The experiment was conducted by having the monk meditate under the surveillance of some kind of EEG brain wave scanner. We can only speculate on his subjective experience, but objectively a specific brain wave frequency and pattern is achieved. We are led to believe that achieving that precise state isn't something that just happens, it is where you are at after 40 years experience.

Our guy then meditates using an audio feedback device. The device outputs a tuning pitch as you apply your intent, giving a compass direction to the correct mindset. After several weeks the subject was able to replicate the monk's measurements. Once again we can only speculate at their subjective experience, but there has to be some value in the mind set of 40 years of experience.

Kree

Quote from: ThaomasOfGrey on March 06, 2018, 06:58:23
primary limiting mechanic is rate of brain wave change

Does this mean binaural beats would be the solution?

ThaomasOfGrey

Quote from: Kree on March 13, 2018, 03:14:37
Does this mean binaural beats would be the solution?

Maybe, you can use them to try and induce a specific brain wave frequency. I gave up on binaural beats fairly early on because I found that they grounded me here. The issue might have been that the beats targeted the wrong frequencies.

It might be that there is no one frequency that beats can really be tuned to for projection. I have read that true third eye awakening is not related to any particular brain wave state, it is actually about synchronization across a spectrum of brain wave frequencies operating simultaneously.

I think the fastest documented way to change brain state significantly is to engage in extreme sports. That kind of focus is immediate and immersive because it requires focus to not be badly injured. Going into our own minds and staying intensely focused by contrast, is not necessarily captivating or critical to our safety so it is much harder.