Projection sickness please read!

Previous topic - Next topic

majour ka

Greetings all and a belated happy new year.

Good to be back on the AP.

This subject isn't meant to alarm anybody but in the spirit of good will thought it best I share the knowledge.

I refer to the comments of the great and late Betty Shine, for those not familiar with her she was a British Healer, medium, psychic with the most extraordinary ability's and spiritual mind, her studies of mind energy and other dimensions led her to write ten best selling books and it would be hard to find a more powerful medium.

She would often astral travel to the bed side of patients in need of her incredible help.

So the sickness I was talking about: Whilst attending a healing seminar Betty realized that a large proportion of the people that had turned up to be healed had dreadful distortions of their mind energy ( a halo of energy visible around the Head, separate from the aura ) through her clairvoyance and also through talking to these people she soon found that they had been apparently been taught to astral travel and that some of them through forced exit had dangerously distorted their mind energy, one girl hadnt been able to proerly bring it back and it was still half outside her body! leaving her dizzy confused and in a potential in a very bad state, She was thankfully able to Heal these people.

She then goes on to say in her book ( My life as a medium ) and I quote " for those that like me who have experienced astral travel  quite natural and wish to repeat the wonderful experience again, I strongly urge them not to! I as a medium was saved from my foolishness, it can be dangerous".

I realize I might be vastly unpopular for posting this. However I believe Betty is a good authority to be able to express her views on the subject.

many of us know astral travel is an exhilarating experience, but perhaps practiced gently and hand in hand with some spiritual studies.

My love and light goes out to all on the path of enlightenment and spiritual growth, Marcus x

Risu no Kairu

The only thing I'm sick of on these boards is people saying things like "this might make me unpopular" and "sorry for being a dumb n00b!"

Quit it! You don't need be sorry you're new, and you don't have to (well,you  SHOULDN'T have to) worry about being hated because you bring something "alternative" to the  table.

Now, back on subject, how does she know that they hurt their energy through Astral projection? Was she watching someone project, and she saw them pop or something?
I need a signature that isn't stupid. :/

karnautrahl

Betty Shine was the first healer I read, however I found as I grew up that visual only methods didn't have any affect for me. Still I have her to thank for introducing me to the language and concepts for what I had accidently learned to do-move energy that is.

More to the point, how many people have had the symptoms described by Betty Shine? Can anyone relate to her caution?

Does anyone know a way to force an exit? The only reason I ask is that I am under the impression that relaxation, mental discipline and a distinct lack of force is necessary?

This is not disagreement majour ka, as I've not succeeded in conscious projection yet. but a questioning of someone else advising against the practice.  Any views
May your [insert choice of deity/higher power etc here] guide you and not deceive you!

Frank

Hello:

Projection sickness, yes, there is a pill you can get for it now. I'm not sure of the name of it but it's made by a Mexican company called Pla Cebo. You take it and in two hours everything is alright again.

Yours,
Frank

Ben D.

I agree with Frank and Major Tom -- it appears to be hogwash.  I've had a couple of experiences where I didn't feel "all there" after an "astral" experience, but a short nap straightened me out right away.  I mean, if you get woken up out of the wrong stage of sleep, you're going to feel pretty groggy until you come around.  Same thing, in my opinion.
Ben D.

manuel

Quotefor those that like me who have experienced astral travel quite natural and wish to repeat the wonderful experience again, I strongly urge them not to! I as a medium was saved from my foolishness, it can be dangerous".
yeah right lady   :roll: lets all live in fear, and thow away syuch great experiences, use caution, but not fear.

majour ka

QuoteNow, back on subject, how does she know that they hurt their energy through Astral projection? Was she watching someone project, and she saw them pop or something?
[/quote]

Its called clairvoyance Risu, look it up.

Im new? new to what?

majour ka

Lol frank  8) think Betty was from Sutton not too far from your part of the world?

I dont believe astral travels dangerous either, but may it ilistrate the potental dangers of using bad techniquie? or maq be having a weak astral body who knows?

As for the thoughts bieng out dated, well she wrote the book in 96 i think and was continuly studying spiritual matters and constantly evolving her mind far beyond most of us on the forum could even image in this life time.

may be the problems the people in the story expienced were the results of pushing them selves a little too hard, like pushing too much wieght at the gym first time round.

karnautrahl

Quoteconstantly evolving her mind
This I can agree with, like all open minded folks constantly evolving her mind seems like a good thing to do.
far beyond most of us on the forum could even image in this life time.
This I take big issue with for some reason, it makes too many assumptions about many people on this board. Not something I'd be too willing to do myself. I don't know anyone else well enough to comment :-).

I'm sure it's likely to be a little risky if you push some parts of astral projection training too hard too soon, such as primary centre work or kundalini even perhaps.   Is it possible to overdue proper basic meditation or relaxation?

:-) I'm just feeling devilish here prodding at a couple of comments that struck me...
May your [insert choice of deity/higher power etc here] guide you and not deceive you!

Frank

Hello:

The big problem with this kind of thing is a person can lead themselves into becoming a walking, talking self-fulfilling prophecy. I mean, any kind of "journey into the unknown" as these people thought of it will generate a lot of fear. Now, if you start expressing fear in a subjective environment then that fear is just going to manifest all around you.

So what these people did, was objectively view these manifestations and then they wrote about them, as if they were some "thing" or phenomenon that was occuring separate from themselves! They never realised it was simply a manifestation of their own lack of understanding. But they wrote with authority, and people believed them, and so others took the same route, and they themselves manifested their own fears, and so they believed they were "real" also.

And people kept on doing that... until... others came along and tried to point out where these people were going wrong. As the Major says, a number of us have moved on. The only "danger" that exists is in the belief that there are dangers to be wary of. But the elimination of doubt isn't an overnight process, unfortunately. Sometimes it just takes ages for people to be convinced beyond doubt. And that's all it takes, to move on.

Yours,
Frank

Frank

Major Tom:

I acknowledge what you say and, as always, I am very grateful for your pointers. I am steadily bringing myself to coming around to read the other works you have recommended to me.

Please understand that I have quite a low opinion of "channeled" works generally as what I have read thus far, knowing subjective reality as I do, it is obvious that what people are channeling is nothing more than an objective interpretation of their own subjective constructs. Not that there is anything wrong in that, if that is what you are setting out to do, then fine. But when these people start talking about aliens, no wait, Pleadians, and all that jazz. Then I just start playing ho-hum and switch off.

I can say, however, the text you present in italics I have difficulty disagreeing with. Especially reference the Demon constructs. As I said to you in private, it is a novelty for me to read a book on this topic and actually find myself nodding in agreement even once, never mind page after page!

Best wishes,
Frank

Risu no Kairu

Quote from: majour ka
Quote from: Risu no KairuNow, back on subject, how does she know that they hurt their energy through Astral projection? Was she watching someone project, and she saw them pop or something?

Its called clairvoyance Risu, look it up.

Im new? new to what?

I accidently quoted the wrong message last time!

Let me rephrase what I meant.  Was she watching someone have an out of body experience from start to finish, and witness it creating this energy disturbance, or what?

(I'm still on the "I don't believe this" bandwagon. I can't any instruments, though, so I'm the page turner.)

Gah. I hope this is my last edit.

I wasn't calling you new to anything. I didn't even look at your username until a few minutes ago! I was just throwing out two things I don't like. I've seen several people post messages on the forum stating stuff like "I'm a n00b, sorry" and "please help an idiot newbie" and I don't like that.
I need a signature that isn't stupid. :/

Frank

Major Tom:

I'll share my 2000th post with you, and wish you all the best in your future explorations. I very much hope you will soon have the big breakthrough you so obviously deserve. I would also like to extend my very best wishes to everyone who continually works to push the boundaries, so to speak, under what I know are extremely challenging and frighteningly difficult conditions. But we're getting there!

With kind regards,
Frank

majour ka

far beyond most of us on the forum could even image in this life time.
QuoteThis I take big issue with for some reason, it makes too many assumptions about many people on this board. Not something I'd be too willing to do myself. I don't know anyone else well enough to comment :-).
:-)

Hi Karnautrahl, didn't mean to make it sound in any way derogatory, just trying to illustrate how she could be presented as an exceptional example of a spiritual evolved person even compared to the likes of say...us lot.
No harm intended.

karnautrahl

I accept that your didn't mean it derogatory majour ka :-). Spiritually evolved has way too many meanings for me to know that anyone is any more evolved than any other. We all have so many ideas about what that means. There are many many writers whom some will feel are more evolved than the rest of us, but others will disagree perhaps proving that they are not more evolved but evolved differently.  That takes the narrower comparison ego part out of the equation.
As for myself, I do not believe I'm spiritually evolving really. I just play with energy because I can, and because sometimes when I perform healing work on people it touches something in me that wants to come out. What that is I've decided not to try too hard to define :-).

Darren

I mean hey if astral was 'dangerous' or 'harmful' why would be be able to do it!? Sponaneous obe's prove it isn't harmful. I doubt you could damage yourself from projecting 'wrong'.. i beleieve you just wouldn't project. If we weren't meant to project here on earth then why did God give us the ability too?... i doubt he would have created the damage that was said to be made to the 'mind energy' for trying to project.  :roll:

Darren