Proof

Previous topic - Next topic

Person

"Sadly my excitement and ambition in trying for an OBE died off some after this, and I've been more interested in the astral."
OBE's are not sad, it is sad to me that I lost my devotion for trying to have one.  I'd love to have more, but I procrastinate so bad!  (Almost every time I had one, I raised energy daily for a week).  There's a deeper story though, I think in trying to do self-healing I surfaced a fear, I think neg-related.  So going straight to the astral is "safer."  The fear was probably always there, but overriden by my joy in trying.  And now my life is so busy I need all the deep sleep I can get. :(
-Person

holy reality

"I think in trying to do self-healing I surfaced a fear, I think neg-related. So going straight to the astral is "safer." The fear was probably always there, but overriden by my joy in trying. And now my life is so busy I need all the deep sleep I can get. :("

What I'm about to say is going to be unpopular but:

Stay away from the psychic self defense forums. The same happened to me for a while, I got caught up in all these stories of negs and it made me think things like "are these dreams I had caused by negs? Is something really bad happening to me?" and this caused me to dream about negs and to have lots of bad experiences.

I don't t hink they are real. They could be, but I really don't care at all. My advice is to not worry about it, treat it as nothing more than a creation of the mind and if it happens a lot try and find some proof maybe.

I can't get proof. No legitimate conversations, nothing.

So basically I think it's a bunch of nonsense... negs may very well exist but you shouldn't worry about them. Just fight anything bad off and unless it's a recurring experience, don't let it get to you.

If it is keep all possibilities open and try to hold conversations with them.
!..............!

Kazbadan

As you may now, i´m not an ober, but i think you are wright Holy R..

First: i think that the majority of negs are just creations of the mind. Robert Bruce is the first saying that while in the astral we can creat objects as we imagine them. They are not real in a physical sense, but they are real in the astral. While in there if you imagine that you have hands, they will appear. So, i suppose that if you think in negs, you will se them.

Second: Besides that, equal atracts equal (or the like, english it´s not my mother tongue). This means that if you go to the astral with fear you will find something related with that (negs, etc)

I think that the solution it´s to avoid thinking in that things and stay away from self-mind-defenses forums unless you really have a problem. And i mean a problem like being possessed, being haunted and the like. So, thinking that you maybe are being chased by negs or that you don´t have shure that the shadows  you see are negs, are not problems but  imaginated problems.

At a time ago i had the same question "And if i find negs?" and that stopped me from trying obes. Now i don´t think in demons, or negs or possessions and the like, but just in the pleasures and spiritual development that obes can give me. Now i´m a little more near from getting my first obe than before. Well, maybe just in the holydays because i have little time for sleep and i have insomnias but at least my fears from getting obes are almost finished ( i say almost because there is always that fear of the unknown).

About my experiment, i will take out the numbers this week, before that i would like to see someone trying to look at that them. [:)]
I love you!

Li Yun

Kazbadan: it was me who missread when you said obes experience, for some reason i didn't click you meant out of body, I thought it might be a type of dream state and the word for it was 'Obes'
whoops!![:D]

beavis

If hadnt seen proof (no i cant reproduce it) that OBE is real, I would think I'm crazy.

Kazbadan

what proof is that? any experience? share that with us please...
I love you!

Nomus

quote:
Originally posted by Kazbadan
Nomus:Yes, the image it´s based on ball lightning from Magic the Gathering, a nice game. I used to be a player when younger. The image was made by me in the computer and i´ve choosen it because it´s easy to make (in a program like 3dstudio). Indeed, red (the "color" card of the ball lightning) it´s not my color. I used to play a lot with blue and with decks invented by me...not like now that everybody uses decks from world champions. Do you play MtG too?!

Yes, although I don't use the world champs decks. Where I live, everyone has their own decks, and no two decks are the same! Some are similar but different.

When I get out I'll be sure to try the thing you talked about.

Tombo

Hello Beavis

What do you mean by "I can't reproduce it"? You have no interest in doing so, or you would like to, but are not able to?

Cheers Tom
" In order to arrive at a place you do not know you must go by a way you do not know "

-St John of the Cross

Kazbadan

Beauvis: what proofs do you speak about? What proof is that, that makes you believe in obes? tell us your story please.

Nomus: Yeah, i like to build and use my decks, not any non-original-champion-deck. Everybody here in my ccity is stupid! They only know to play with champion decks! I think that a few (3-4)friends of mine and i  are the only one playing with original decks!
I love you!

kiauma

On a very closely related topic, from www.onion.com:

VOLUME 35 ISSUE 01 — 13 JANUARY 1999
Near-Death Experience Followed By Right-On-The-Money Death Experience
PORTLAND, OR — A near-death experience was followed by one of the right-on-the-money variety Sunday, when local mechanic Gabe Hoover narrowly averted fatally choking on a chicken bone, only to be run over by a city bus later the same day. "As I began to lose consciousness from the lack of oxygen, I saw a bright, welcoming light, and I heard a voice calling out to me that sounded like my deceased mother," said Hoover, describing his near-death experience an hour before being struck dead. "I felt incredibly at peace, but then, suddenly, another voice told me to go back, saying I wasn't finished with my work on Earth." Hoover continued his work on Earth for another 64 minutes, at which point he hit the death nail right on the head, walking swiftly and directly into the light.

Non semper ea sunt quae videntur.

Tombo

@Kazabadan: I do play a lot of magic as well. Of course I use a original deck. I mean how boring is that, to just copy someone's deck! One can't even be proud if one wins when playing with somebody elses deck!
My deck would crash these "champions decks" anyway, Hahahahaahahaahaaa
[}:)]
" In order to arrive at a place you do not know you must go by a way you do not know "

-St John of the Cross

beavis

Risu: I really don't see why proof matters.

Because you cant be sure its real without proof.

Even if these out of body experiences were merely lucid dreams, they're still something many people enjoy and like having.

Thats a good reason to do it, but that doesnt decrease the value of proof.

Why would hundreds (thousands, or more, maybe?) of people make up so many stories and describe them all in almost hte same way?

They might do it to be like other people, which is common. They might see some small similarity to their experience and fill in the details from theory.

Who is to say what is "real?"

Everybody is to say. Something is real if it can affect other real things, if it can be experienced in some way. Being real does not require it be what you think it is.

But I'm sure its real.

Tombo

Some people may find it a boring question but I think its very relevant.
Who has a 100% Proof that it is possible to visit our "real World" during an OBE. I think that is a extremly interessting question.
Please be very honest to yourself: Did you ever see something during an OBE which turned out to be true and which was impossible for your brain to create from your waking experience only.
For Example: You Saw a Nail inside the Wall during an OBE, broke the wall apart in the morning and there was really a nail.

Why do proofs matter:

-I'm curious
-the better you understand something the better you can use it. What could be bad about knowing as much as possible about OBE's? It helps me interprete the experience if I know as much as possible about the nature of it.
-I want to know if I'm really walking thru our neighbours has our if it just a fantasie, is that so hard to understand?
Lets assume you see a beautyful girl during an OBE. Don't you wanna know if she's really alive?[:P]
Common people! I don't believe that you don't care about that Issue. If we stick together we can uncover the truth.

-St John of the Cross