Psychological healing, realistic?

Previous topic - Next topic

LaserKitty

Hi Everyone,

and first of all, I want to thank you all for the precious info that I get on this forum, participants and moderators alike. It is very, very instructive. You guys are doing terrific work!
So far, I have been lurking on the forum but there is that one question that I want to ask anyone here who could answer me as i am a newbie.

My question is the following: as I have seen a lot of people talking about healing the body when out of body (let it be by means of energy tuning while out in the ether, or asking a guide/angel), I have been wondering if you could actually heal the mind?
I have had a very (very) dysfunctionnal upbringing and as a result, I bring with me a lot of negative emotionnal baggage, have had bouts of depression and seem to not be able to rid myself of certain traumas which are now crippling the relationships I have with my husband and some members of my family i am still in contact with.
Is it possible while OOB to heal yourself/or get healed in these regards and, when more at ease with the OOB experience to actually heal others (AKA members of my family) or help themselves heal psychologically?

I would very much appreciate any imput on that matter with, whenever, if ever possible, some examples ( I don't mean to be nosey in any way but it is always nice to have concrete examples, only if you can)

Again, fabulous site you have here, keep up the good work!

Sending you much sunshine from the Land of Chocolate.

Laserkitty

desert-rat

Welcome to the forum .         There may be methods of doing this while out of body .Other forum members may have ideas on clearing while out of body .      There are methods of guided self hypnosis to take you back to source of the problem . It may be events from earlier in your current life of from past lives . Once you find the problems you can use deep breathing and yoga to let these memories go . 

Szaxx

I wonder if you have read the book 'New Energy Ways'.
There's info inside that may aid you.
I think it's available from Robert Bruces' site.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

CFTraveler

New Energy Ways is the free tutorial, 'Energy Work' is the book.
Why?

Szaxx

Occult Principles of Health and Healing.
By Max Heindal.

This is one regarding your endeavours that gives more depth.

CFT  :wink:
Such precision, I have the NEW v2 pdf, and much more from Robert I've not yet had chance to listen to.
(TTS engine).
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

seapony

Well...I've done work with a guide to help with physical support and healing,
and its worked for me. I've also asked them for help with emotional issues, and have had...
well, it amounts to a huge hug of sorts I guess ! If its not totally removed or cleared the issue
up, its at least let me know I have love and support to carry on. And I have been able to carry on.
Knowing that someones "got your back", be it here in the physical or elsewhere can be of great
help.

As for helping others to heal...only at their request ! As hard as it may seem...sometimes people don't WANT
to heal or be helped. Or they need to do so a pace much slower than yours. Sometimes the best you can do
is to heal yourself in regards to them and the situation. Close YOUR circle.

BranStark

I don't know how serious your issues are but... sometimes just a meditation helps a lot. It is really that simple but if you practice on regular basis you will soon start noticing how much more emotionally stable you are becoming. And others will notice that, too. :wink:

Can't say about your original question, though. But I hear this kind of thing really does work.

Lionheart

"Psychological Healing" begins when you can learn to Forgive. I say learn to Forgive because it's not as easy as just saying you do. You need to really feel it in your heart.

Dolores Cannon helps people by teaching them to mentally tear up "old contracts". These contracts are known as the binds that hold us to others in our lives. Sometimes we need to release these binds/contracts so that we may get on with the rest of our lives.

I also had to learn to forgive and release harmful aspects/people from my life. Her technique helped me greatly. But, I had to do it over and over again. Just saying the words wasn't nearly enough. You had to really feel it first.

Here is just one of many videos introducing Dolores and her methods. You can find many other great videos by her with a simple Youtube search of her name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9lkgE5fJtI

Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)

LaserKitty

Hi All!
Thank you very much for your help. Those are all very interesting suggestions and i will absolutely delve into them.  But forgiveness... Such a hard one, yet I have to say that the nail has been hit right on its head! This has also been on my mind for a long time. I am moving to Sydney pretty soon and will defo meet with Robert Bruce and get help from him and will read his book beforehand.
I have started meditation for the purpose of moral relief, equanimity, love growth, forgiveness, OOBE and all the other good things but being regular is a challenge, I have to admit.. But I WILL keep at it.
And, Seapony, I have loved reading your story: knowing that the whole time you were and are not alone is so comforting. Yes, a I could do with a "huge hug".
Again, thank you all very much.
LaserKitty

LaserKitty

And.. Lionheart, I have watched Dolores Cannon's interview from the link you posted: thank you!
Very interesting also and I am considering booking an appointment with one of her pupils.
Could it possibly be true, as she says, that at the end of the day, the only tangible thing that there is and that we should care about ultimately, is Love?
Makes you ponder..

Xanth

You don't need to Project in order to begin healing yourself.
Just sit quietly (aka Meditate) and focus on that which you realize you need to heal.
Bring your awareness to whatever it is you wish to heal.

It's a lot easier than most people want to even believe it is.  It's really just that simple.

BranStark

Quote from: LaserKitty on March 12, 2014, 08:23:58
Hi All!
Thank you very much for your help. Those are all very interesting suggestions and i will absolutely delve into them.  But forgiveness... Such a hard one, yet I have to say that the nail has been hit right on its head! This has also been on my mind for a long time. I am moving to Sydney pretty soon and will defo meet with Robert Bruce and get help from him and will read his book beforehand.
I have started meditation for the purpose of moral relief, equanimity, love growth, forgiveness, OOBE and all the other good things but being regular is a challenge, I have to admit.. But I WILL keep at it.
And, Seapony, I have loved reading your story: knowing that the whole time you were and are not alone is so comforting. Yes, a I could do with a "huge hug".
Again, thank you all very much.
LaserKitty
You don't need the devotion of... let's say a buddhist monk. 30 minutes a day are enough, if you don't have time. It can be anytime in the course of the day, for example before going to sleep or when you wake up as a part of getting ready for  the ay to come. It is not hard to sacrifice as little time as this to something that has so many positive effects. I mean, everyone is able to find that time, it is just a little longer than watching one sitcom episode... and many people seem to be able to catch up with their favourite series even though they claim to be very busy.

So it is not a big deal. Let's get to it! :wink:

Lionheart

Quote from: BranStark on March 13, 2014, 17:45:45
You don't need the devotion of... let's say a buddhist monk. 30 minutes a day are enough, if you don't have time. It can be anytime in the course of the day, for example before going to sleep or when you wake up as a part of getting ready for  the ay to come. It is not hard to sacrifice as little time as this to something that has so many positive effects. I mean, everyone is able to find that time, it is just a little longer than watching one sitcom episode... and many people seem to be able to catch up with their favourite series even though they claim to be very busy.

So it is not a big deal. Let's get to it! :wink:
Your statement is so true Bran. But I am still amazed at the number of people that I talk to that say they can't free up that 30 minutes or so. It saddens me when I hear that because I know how much better it could improve their lives in general and their well being! The "peace of mind" it gives you is just the icing on the cake!  :wink:

seapony

Wow you guys...30 whole minutes !?!

But, but...that will cut into my computer gaming !...and my tv watching !...and
, and, and...... :lol:

Seriously..it is sad to find out what people consider important....or not.

compressedFusion

LaserKitty,

I have been reading this forum for 3 years.  I have never registered until now.  I registered after all this time because I wanted to respond to your thread.  I have a simple message to communicate.  I think you can find the same message in this forum if you read all the information.  Perhaps you have already discovered this for yourself.  So please forgive any presumptions on my part.

Follow these steps and you will see a positive change.

1.) Be honest with yourself and others. (yourself above all else)
2.) Be introspective while you are being active
3.) Be introspective while relaxing (meditate)

These simple steps will guide you down a path that will allow you to grow and mature beyond the tough experiences.

If you can only do 1 thing out of the three then be honest with yourself.  I have found that it is a daily struggle and has provided me with the most growth and healing.  You were born for a purpose.  You have an important role to play.  Be true to your own internal purpose by being honest with yourself.

As you practice being introspective while you are active you will eventually learn to disconnect - not in a bad way.  It is like watching yourself in a movie and all the emotion and pain you might feel in an argument or stressful situation don't bother you as much.  I think you will eventually find that being "out of body" is actually just a variant of (2) and (3).  It is not armor from the pain and it is not a shield from the world.  It is a synthesis with life.

You eventually begin to realize that your good intentions are often clouded by conflict and emotion, and you have a tool to keep those good intentions close to your heart and mind.

In my opinion, the 3 things above are all you need to get started on a path to healing your trauma.  You will probably notice a positive change in as short as 1 month.  You don't need books or to spend money.

You have all the tools within you.

You have the power to create something beautiful inside you and in this world.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey.  You are your own guide.  And please know that I believe in you.
"As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and this we should do freely and generously."

-Benjamin Franklin

Lionheart

Welcome to the Astral Pulse CompressedFusion and Thank You for the taking the time to create an account and join the conversation.

Your "Words of Wisdom" were inspiring!  :-)

Fusions

Maybe Mooji on youtube can help. Therapy or truth is a good video for instance.
To whom does the baggage belong?
The One is ALL. And the All are One.

LaserKitty

Haha!
The baggage is mine all mine!
I would love to make it lighter, though.. Perhaps you expect me to reply that the baggage is loaded with all my family's crap and to a certain extent, it's true. But maybe I have accepted to take it onboard and loaded my own crap on top. This is also true.

Again, thanks you all for all your suggestions and your help. I see you all applauding as I type: I meditate 1 hour every evening, enjoy it very much and have not intention of finding myself any excuses.

CompressedFusion:

Thank you so much for your words, it feels like you are reading my mind. I have seen a shrink yesterday and he talked about distanciation, which is completely connected to what you said about being honest with yourself: while I think I have been honest with myself, he says (and I agree) that you need to go the extra mile. That is the tough bit: he says we are all responsible for our condition at any given time and have to take responsibility. I asked, what about abused kids (which was my case) and he replied that not all people are equipped the same but some amazing tales of hopes have been written by shoah inmates in various concentration camps, for example. ( A good illustration is the film "La vita e Bella" with Benigni)
When you say "It is like watching yourself in a movie and all the emotion and pain you might feel in an argument or stressful situation don't bother you as much", you are litterally paraphrasing what that shrink said to me yesterday as he was giving me a few tips... Uncanny! Could this be what people call signs??
Again, that same shrink talked to me about "the therapist in you"... so that sounded very familiar with "you have all the tools within you" and "you are your own guide" (Are you actually channelling one another??)
Again, he said "I see a lot of unleashed creativity and fire in you that's begging to come out and you don't even seem to be aware of it."  :-o (Are you my shrink??)

I am very touched that you have created an account for yourself and went through the effort of replying to me, it is deeply appreciated. I will remember your kind words. Enjoy your journey as well (it has obviously taught you a lot so far) and safe travels.

LaserKitty

Lionheart

Just last night I had a LD where I found myself in my past. I was flying and also had the ability of invisibility. When I became Lucid I noticed I was in one of my past chapters of my life where I was surrounded by Bullies.

But this time, I was messing with them, since I was invisible and could fly.

Then the thought hit me" why are these people still in my Dreams?" I thought I had forgiven them already. At least I had undergone the forgiveness process numerous times on each of them.

I travelled in a Carnival when I was 17-22 and yes there were a number of Bullies there. Even the guy who ran the Carnival was considered one. They beat up on people in towns and cities all the time. These were "hardened" men. They made my life a "living Hell".  The only time I ever saw them back down to anyone was when we were doing a show in Billings, Montana. There we came across the "hardened" Cowboy, lol and the Carnies backed down.

Anyways, I felt good after the LD was over. I didn't harm them at all. I just messed around with them. Flying invisible gives you a number of fun options you can do!  :-)

no_leaf_clover

I don't know about your childhood, but for example many people are raised by parents who are going through their own problems, and they may take these problems out on their children.  Or maybe it's sibling or grandparents, aunts, uncles, neighbors, or whoever.  But once we're older we have the chance to be our own parents in that sense, and raise ourselves, and this is what we have to summon the strength to do.  We know ourselves individually better than anyone else on Earth knows us, and so each of us knows what is best, and what we're good at, and what we need to work on.  But just like any good parents, you have to love really yourself for the person that you are, and accept yourself....  then forgive yourself, and forgive others.  These are things that have to be worked on one at a time.  Many healing modalities are based on these things and they're very basic for the well-being and happiness of everyone, not just people with stronger traumas.

For example, to learn to accept and love yourself, you may have to think about some things, release some emotions and make some decisions, but there's more to it than that.  Maybe you should also find something that just makes you feel good in a healthy way, to release stress or built-up tensions that may be manifesting in your body.  Massage, acupuncture, meditation, just lying on the sun and reading a good book on a sunny day, just finding time to de-stress and pamper yourself, finding any way to allow you to show yourself love not only mentally but physically and emotionally.  It's amazing how hard it is for some people just to allow themselves to feel good and stress-free and happy.  But if you can allow that, then healing is very simple and natural.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?