Putting Knowledge into Practice

Previous topic - Next topic

Patty

Hi -

Are you asking how many members have tried the AD techniques? I think lots --- though I think everyone has their own little preferences as far as technique.  I certainly try some of RB's methods. His ideas have been quite useful to me. But I don't quite do things by-the-book.

Or are you asking how many devote certain nights to attempts?

I think the answer is still 'lots.'  Most of the members here are pretty serious about making projection a priority in their lives, and over the long haul at that (though some of the contributors might have only short term goals in mind at present.) . I am also going to give it a serious go tonite, after I log off.

Patty

k2sixx

My question should be better put like this:

Has anyone put together a systematic way to go about the development of the energy body, the relaxation procedures, etc. in a progressive and disciplined manner?

ralphm

Do you mean each time we try for an obe or for spiritual practices in general?I think #1 is quicker to answer so i try mainly when i go to sleep(or if i wake in the night) if i still feel full of energy and i try whatever comes to mind, ge4nerally the whole body stroke from the NEW technique, following my breath for quietring the mind, doing the falling technique, chakra stimulation. I am not usually a routine type of person so i never thought of developing one.

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

alpha

I did alot at first,Everyday I would do something related to obe.Starting with the mind taming excercises.Alot of energy work sometimes 3 times a day.Alot of time spent just in trance also.You have to find out what works for you.I think its important to enjoy what you are doing.And to not really expect much at all.

Starting with the new energy ways.,when I started getting stronger and stronger feelings.It made me want to do more and more.

Some imagination excercises.I did not do  these as often but I did do them.Lying awake all night long in trance.Eventually things just started happening.

I have alot of time too do these things though.Heres some advice for ya.If you really are determined.Do what you can,when you can.Try it all out,One little thing at a time.Practice,practice,practice,and do your best.And especially do not try to do everything perfect.Like a perfect routine.I guess it can work for some people.But not for me..Because I feel that would make it into kind of a chore..
                                                                                        Good Luck!

-------------------------------
"WAKE UP!WAKEUP!WAKE UP AND LOOK AROUND YOU!WERE LOST IN SPACE AND THE TIME IS OUR HOME"
-------------------------------

DG

I have completed the "The Astral Dynamics Workbook,
90 Day OBE Program" By Brian Mercer from http://home.tower.net.au/~rsb/guides/90day/90day.htm , which is based on AD book.
I had trouble to do concentration exercises, but the rest was OK. During this 3-month period, I stopped having OBEs (which,  before I started this program,  were not of  the best quality,  to start with). They resumed few days after I finished the program. I didn't gain significantly from that program, except experiencing new senses of tactile imaging and "energy" flow.
For me, it looks like a systematic training prevents OBEs. Maybe it's too much pressure to succeed? I don't know.

Regards,
DG.

Patty

Systematic, progressive, disciplined ----

No, not me. My instinct tells me that this would be too rigid.

I do feel completely committed to the practice of meditation, and projection attempts, but I will usually do what feels 'right' on any given night. For example, last night the energy circuits didn't 'do' much, so I stopped those after a couple minutes.  I spent the time using prayer to sort through a conflict that I sensed was keeping me from fully relaxing, instead.

Some nights the energy circuits are like fireworks, and it feels like the best way to proceed for a long time. Every now and then I will appeal to guides and helpers to help work out any kinks I am overlooking. This can result in some interesting sensations.  Often, I sense that what I really need in order to maintain balance is a good nights sleep, and on those nights I will simply form intent to remember my dreams and go to sleep.  

Probably some people have more of a routine that they follow. To the extent that I always relax, followed by waiting for /establishing trance, and finding the right space for an exit attempt, I DO follow routine. But the specifics vary greatly from night to night.

Patty

DG

Hi Patty,

In this life, the systematic approach usually works. At least it worked for me, so far. So I tried to use the same approach for OBE practice. But apparently the OBE is so much different from physical life that it requires different methods. By the way, the "spontaneity" can be part of the system. So when you say that you do what you feel is right at the moment, it actually can be quite appropriate.

Regards,
DG.

k2sixx

Thank you for your input fella's!

Ashfo

Hey DG that link doesnt work... is the site down?

- Ashfo

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"You are First Cause. You are a portion of the great energy. And you, yourselves are thought manifestations of what you think you are."
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Frank

Over the years I have developed to the stage where a large percentage of my physical life is devoted to achieving controlled conscious-exit projection.

Regular posters will know that I am really not into doing any kind of meditation, or energy work, or the like. Reason being, all I'm interested in is Astral Projection and none of the other stuff is strictly necessary in order to do that. Unless, of course, you think it is. In which case, that is how it will become for you.

Over time, I have simplified the process to the point where I never think about anything to do with the physical body at all. You see, what I discovered was successful conscious-exit projection is more to do with what you *don't* do than what you do.

For example, concentrating on the physical body, I found, puts a big spoke in the works. When I first started out, I went to bed armed with all kinds of bodily relaxation "techniques" but nothing really worked like it said on the tin.

Nowadays, commercial factors are coming into play like never before and it will only get worse. The one's that really get up my nose are those adverts for tapes that claim they can in some way "induce" an obe in just however-many minutes. Yeah right, and my father was an astronaut and the moon is made of Swiss cheese.  

Working it all out takes time, organisation, and as much practice as you can manage. As with most things in life, half-hearted efforts produce half-hearted results.

Sure, there will be those people who are born with a natural talent to obe at will. But for me, I find mastering each tiny step is a hard slog. But it's well worth it in the end.

Yours,
Frank

Grendel

Ashfo : When you click on the link for the workbook, it will come up with an error, but go and delete the trailing comma from the URL, it will work then.

k2sixx

Thanks Frank -

Last night, I sat in a recliner and followed through with the relaxation exercise given in AD.  This gave a little rest to the muscle spasms that I have all too often (I'm associating them with my extreme laziness lately).  I focused solely on my breath.  Minor vibrations in my feet and arms started up.  Taking note of this, I repeated an affirmation "I remain consciously aware as my body falls to sleep" about 10-15 times, not counting, all the while focusing on being OUT of the body.

Now, what happened next could either be my own delusion or imagination.  My consciousness shifted into my real-time body, standing directly in front of the chair.  Along with the seperation came a temporary loss of physical connection with the persistent vibrations.  Time out: 2 seconds (considering this wasn't my imagination).

However, after 120 consecutive nights of attempts, I wouldn't jump to doubt the validity of this experience.

k2sixx

Hey everyone,

I have recently read through Part 2 (NEW) and Part 3 (Core Skills) of Astral Dynamics.  WOW, a lot to consider and take into practice.  I would not consider myself a beginner; intermediate fits well at this stage, so I am at a slight advantage.

I have devoted this night to deciding how to take all this information and put it into organized practice.

How many of you have done anything similar to this?