Question about dreaming

Previous topic - Next topic

rvaiksaar

Is it possible to dream about something you want by thinking of it till you fall alseep.For example if I want to dream about flying,I think about flying till I fall asleep.

wow_nonamesleft

The best way to get what you want while dreaming, is take control of the dream, you want to fly, then realize you are dreaming, and fly.
*you are in absolute control, you truely want it, you get it.*
Just think of it that way before bed.
But I guess, that answer is kind of off topic, but from my experience, it doesnt work well for me. I personally love to daydream before bed, but I have yet to have a like that  story play out(dream out) :( .

Rain_Frog

yes. It's actually a method for lucid dreaming. It won't always work, but I used that method to induce astral projection while dreaming. (more successful with this technique than the hypnogogic and hypnopompic states).

keyangen

I think it is more likely to work in the morning after you have woken up slightly early for whatever reason and go on sleeping. Then it might be a good idea to try and visualise yourself doing something specific. I often imagine myself standing next to my bed and then walking out of the room and just going some typical path that I walk every day. I also try to make all sensations (ie touch, sound etc) as vivid as possible. I think a couple of times I nearly ended up phasing that way, but drifted off too quickly. You probably won't remember many dreams from the beginning of the night anyway, and morning dreams are usually more vivid, that's why I think it's a good idea to try this in the morning.

By the way, rvaiksaar, are you by any chance from Estonia?

Dragonhawk

Hi There.

Quote from: Rain_Frog on June 02, 2007, 20:06:37
yes. It's actually a method for lucid dreaming. It won't always work, but I used that method to induce astral projection while dreaming. (more successful with this technique than the hypnogogic and hypnopompic states).

I've used the same technique myself and have found it to be most useful.
:-D
Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.    Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

Rain_Frog

I think it is more likely to work in the morning after you have woken up slightly early for whatever reason and go on sleeping. Then it might be a good idea to try and visualise yourself doing something specific. I often imagine myself standing next to my bed and then walking out of the room and just going some typical path that I walk every day. I also try to make all sensations (ie touch, sound etc) as vivid as possible. I think a couple of times I nearly ended up phasing that way, but drifted off too quickly. You probably won't remember many dreams from the beginning of the night anyway, and morning dreams are usually more vivid, that's why I think it's a good idea to try this in the morning.

In lucid dreaming books, after awaking in the middle of the night, you need to use something called the "MILD" technique before you go back to sleep. Its basically just reaffirming to yourself over and over again that you'll lucid dream. You are more likely to have a lucid dream if you wake up an hour early, stay up for about an hour and a half, then go back to sleep.

However, I have forgotten about applying it to astral projection. I have been more successful projecting while dreaming than becoming lucid, so I may try your technique because i almost always wake up in the middle of the night... :-)