Question/request for help

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobius

Looks like we were born from the same star matter.
Read my 2 posts on 7/3/02

You are definately starting an OBE from your post.

Mobius

Roger

It sure sounds like you have a wonderful reflex to wake you during the start of an OBE!  It is certainly nothing to fear at all (alot of people on this board would love to have that kind of problem).

Does that light you mention appear to be at the end of a tunnel?  Do you think you are projecting directly into the astral dimension?

Perhaps Robert would know of some way to "repress" this automatic reflex, although I would suspect you would have to train yourself to "not notice" and "ignore" it.

But before you go that route, you might want to consider experiencing it to its fullest and not being afraid at all.  Rejoice in it (you lucky lucky Slikster) and calm down when it occurs and explore.  Be brave.  You may find that there is some reason it is happening to you with such regularity and you may not discover what that is until you  overcome the loathing of it and bravely come to terms with it.

Qui-Gon Jinn

Resistance to change is the root for most pain, in your case stress, fear and lack of good sleep.   "Just" relax and go with the force, think of this to have a purpose, why would it otherwise happen to you THIS frequently.
Put yourself at service to that purpose - without fear, without negativity, and without any regard for wether not you are going to benefit(you most certainly will).
  Let go of tensionraising thoughts popping up in your mind, don´t get to caught up in the moment, trust what "happens to you" will be for your very best.   And even though I´m not an experienced traveller yet, I can pretty mcuh ensure you, you won´t take any damage from the experience.

Remember, the only thing to fear is fear itself.

Takes some courage, but hey, let´s go for it next time it happens, and share with us here your experience if you´d like.

Best of wishes// Qui-Gon

- Your focus determines your reality -

Slikster

RE:Does that light you mention appear to be at the end of a tunnel? Do you think you are projecting directly into the astral dimension?

I honestly don't know what it is, or what is happening for that matter. I've never allowed myself to stay in that state long enough to find out what comes next. I've always kind of known when this happens that I was leaving my body. I've just always been afraid that if I left I might not come back, so I put a stop to it as soon as it starts.

Roger

You'll come back.  You always have.  ;)  Seeing the light at the end of a tunnel seems to be the transporting to a higher level dimension.  Besides, if you were truly dead, you wouldn't have anything to say about it anyway.  And you've always managed to come back.  I've only had one full-blown conscious OBE (and it was amazing) and I could always feel my body no matter whenever I "paid attention" to it and located it.

Slikster

Greetings all.  I have a few questions if you would indulge me please.

You see ever since I was around 6 years old, I've been having a very strange experience/sensation while I sleep on a regular basis. Usually when I'm in my 3rd-5th hour of sleep, I will get a very intense ringing in my ears, and my body is overcome with a kind of tingling feeling. Then I get a feeling as though my body is raising very fast, or like I'm being "sucked" out of my body. Next I see, or possibly imagine a kind of bright light eminating from behind something very dark, almost the same effect as a solar eclipse in a photograph, only it's very real to me. During one of these recent experiences, I think I actually saw myself raising out of my body.

All that seems to happen fairly fast, and I struggle to wake up, but I can't move. Finally after struggling and trying to call for help, I will wake up abruptly. Sometimes I will drift right back to sleep and the whole experience will start again, but most of the time I will stay up the remainder of the night and next day to avoid it.

This has been going on at least four time a week, for the last  23 years that I can remember, since I was 6 years old. It's a very horrorifying thing to me, and I end up loosing a lot of sleep over it. Sometimes I'll stay up for days on end to avoid it.

My question is: Is this the beginning on an OBE that I'm experiencing? And if so, how can I make it stop?

Any help or advice you all could offer would be great. I'll check back for answers, or please email me with any other questions or comments at Slikster@telocity.com

Thank you.