"the sweet spot"

Previous topic - Next topic

SCHMUSTIN

Quote from: mrpurin on January 03, 2017, 09:40:57
Can anyone post the user of the youtube account?
The account posted is no longer available :(

I have not posted much in the last couple months as I have not had much time to focus on AP.

I also clicked on the link and the video is unavailable  :oops: . Has anyone found a replacement video? I read through the post but I don't think all the video information is covered.

From what people are saying it sounds like a good technique and I would love to try it out.

NeophyteExplorer

Can someone explain the method? The video is GONE!

EscapeVelocity

If the link is gone, then the link is gone.

If you read back through the thread then you can put most of it together; LightBeam, Lionheart, Bedeekin and others added the essential details. This is primarily an early morning, post-sleep method where you search for the proper consciousness/awareness/framework of mind that is conducive to an "exit". It is fairly elusive, given my own experience...I only know it when I see it...

I think this form takes some prior experience...that way, when it appears (sometimes almost providentially) it is very recognizable...you see it, and jump at the chance (like I have described in some of my experiences)...

For those readers seeking techniques, please search the first and third boards in the highlighted BLUE threads; much to read there. :-D
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Bloodshadow

well seeing as the vid is gone, can someone who has done the technique explain it in depth please this post really interested me, and I want to try it, my comprehending is terrible which is why I asked for in depth step by step explanation thanks

dust8879

Quote from: Bloodshadow on January 16, 2017, 07:05:57
well seeing as the vid is gone, can someone who has done the technique explain it in depth please this post really interested me, and I want to try it, my comprehending is terrible which is why I asked for in depth step by step explanation thanks

The technique involves waking up consciously. Every time you awaken during your night's sleep, you must try to remain completely still, keep your eyes closed and then attempt to separate from the body instantly with whatever technique you prefer (or you can use multiple techniques to see which one induces the vibration). Immediately after waking up from a dream, the subtle body is still quite loose (because it has just left the dream or astral world) and you can re-enter the non-physical world consciously, and quite quickly.

This technique has worked wonderfully for me, and it gets much easier later in the night. You first need to keep a record of how many times you wake up during a normal night's sleep. This technique does not involve trying to retain awareness while drifting off to sleep, or maintaining a delicate balance in the hypnogogic state for prolonged periods.

Step 1 : Wake up naturally at whatever time you usually do, (for example, 3AM), and while trying to fall asleep again, make several affirmations to yourself that the next time you wake up, you will remain still and that you will wake up consciously, knowing exactly where you are, where you have just been, and that you must now immediately attempt an OBE. It doesn't take much practice to do this; its hard as hard as it sounds.. It's just about reversing a habit. Until now you have been waking up from a dream, moving to get more comfortable for a few minutes, and then falling asleep again; but this time, you will make an intention to wake up without moving and with a clear goal in mind.

2. Repeat this step every time you wake up briefly during the night. Making a suggestion in this deeply altered, drowsy state is quite powerful, (because the conscious mind is far less active and the subconscious can be programmed) and one reason it works is because an individual later wakes up with the last thing he/she thought about before falling asleep previously. Make the affirmation with force and conviction for perhaps 30-60 seconds, and fall asleep naturally.

3. Once you have succeeded in waking up with some awareness and without moving, you must then immediately start practising your chosen technique to induce the vibrations. I first stumbled upon this technique a few years ago when I was in a normal dream and woke up at about 6 am. I was awake for about 15 seconds, but as I relaxed in bed I passionately wished I could experience the dream again. I was sad that it left me. For no reason at all, I started spontaneously imagining the dream I just left, like a daytime fantasy, and then out of nowhere, I felt vibrations rush through my body, I heard a whooshing wind sound in my ear, saw blackness, and then found myself in the exact same dream environment I left. That changed everything, and since then I have used this technique ever since.

4.When you feel yourself awaken from a dream or sleep, do not move, blink your eyes or do anything unless it is absolutely necessary. The goal here is to remain in to this deeply altered state, as close as possible to the dream state you just left. This is the sweet spot. The big advantage is that you have awoken with your mind refreshed,  (Monroe also recommends this for beginner practitioners in his first book) and you should not experience the same level of mental exhaustion as when trying to remain aware while falling into the hypnogogic state. If you do wake up extremely groggy and cannot think with any coherence, it may be too early in the night. You will come closer in the next awakening. This technique can work very well immediately after REM sleep (like most techniques), because your physical muscles were paralysed from REM, and therefore deeply relaxed, but also in REM sleep you mind is more alert compared to the other sleep stages and can woken up easier. This is what you're for, a deeply relaxed body with a partially awake mind.

5. Perform your projection technique immediately after awakening, and imagine yourself climbing, spinning, rising, jumping, bouncing or whatever you choose as strongly as you possibly can. Try to feel the vertigo in your torso as your perform your techniques. Usually, you will spend 60 seconds performing your technique. You can choose to use just one technique for the entire 60 seconds, or use 5 or 6 different techniques, spending 10 seconds on each. Alternatively, you can also imagine the dream you just left instead, (called a Dream Exit induced lucid dream), and if you included all your senses, this can induce the vibrations too, and you will find yourself back in the dream environment. If no projection has occurred after 60 seconds, there is the possibility that the sweet spot has faded, which is no problem. You just go back to bed, make your affirmation (which might be the most important part of this entire technique, because the affirmation is what makes you wake up consciously in the first place) and attempt it again the next time you wake up. Another important point is that you must practice your technique routine even if you have moved. This is vital. Not only for establishing the habit, but also because I have actually projected quite a few times when I have moved my leg slightly, and I was shocked that I still projected about 15 seconds later. In the very beginning, still attempt your projection technique even if you have moved for 5 minutes and know that it will not work that particular time. Each time you do this, you are actually reducing the amount of time it takes to remember your intention. In the first few days, you may find you have woken up and moved for 5 minutes, before remembering what to do. But each day, that time decreases, from 5 minutes, to 3 minutes, to 1 minutes, to 30 seconds, and then by day 7 you will find that you are waking up at 6 am and now knowing what to do almost immediately. The training will not take long.

Do not be discouraged if the technique doesn't work the first few times. It is simply a matter of time, and when it happens, the projection occurs very quickly. Remember, even if you attempt this at 10 separate awakenings with no success at all, the technique itself only takes 60 seconds each time to perform, so that is only 10 minutes of effort in total. In the past, I would have spent an hour with my old technique of trying to fall asleep consciously, while struggling to stay aware in the hypnogogic state, and I would end the session so frustrated that nothing happened. I wouldn't even feel the vibrations. Plus my mind was so tired, and I would just want to fall asleep. This sweet spot technique doesn't require that. You simply wake up, stay still, attempt a projection, and if its not quite the right time, that's no problem. Go back to sleep after a minute or two. You will be ready to catch the next awakening.

Good luck...